Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

islander
02.14.2012 , 02:39 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by pinkfreudHC View Post
Hold both mouse buttons down to move forward.

I bind W and R to Left/Right strafe respectively, as this moves your fingers over one set of keys (thereby giving greater keyboard access).
oh! I had never heard that before. I'll need to work on that.

Thanks!
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Wookiebeast
02.14.2012 , 08:41 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Slashd View Post
Still accepting questions in the thread or via pm.
Can you give a basic rotation for the Hybrid build just something to use as a guide?

Thanks

Darkzided
02.15.2012 , 03:32 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookiebeast View Post
Can you give a basic rotation for the Hybrid build just something to use as a guide?

Thanks
afflic (to proc lightning barrage) > death field > shock > Force Lightning > when wrath is up crushing darkness for 1 target or chain lightning for 2+ targets.

other tips:
* your highest dps is crushing darkness (recklessness)
* maximize you global cool down always
* always cancel your force lightning channel when your DF, shock or CL cd is up

Seanimus
02.17.2012 , 06:00 AM | #84
Above post is pretty bad... here's what I do.

AF (keep up, on multiple targets if possible)
FL
(wrath)
DF
CD
FL
(wrath)
CL

Shock when moving if CD/CL are on cooldown/not wrath'd, never shock in normal rotation, or lightning strike. Ever. Never full cast CD/CL.

Always use full FL channels for recklessness, maybe CL+DF if you've got 2+ targets. Only break FL channel when wrath procs if DF and CD are up.

As 13/28 you can't spam CL all day, so sometimes just keep spamming FL until DF/CD are off cooldown.

Also, your #1 priority is always a barrage proc'd FL half cast. Assuming you didn't get a barrage proc, the rotation above is win.

Note this is basically a PVE post but the only change I'd make for PVP is that I use recklessness for the DF+CL+FL combo mostly instead of for only FL channels. (stalker set ftw).

Sosajoshua
02.17.2012 , 09:18 AM | #85
I gotta say ive been using the Hybrid setup from the OP on my main Sorc and its so amazing. Ofcourse i changed a few poits around for personal reasons but the basis is the same and even though im so far only lvl38 im almost always top 3 in a WZ with an average 35kills and 5-7 medals
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

Darkzided
02.20.2012 , 02:09 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Seanimus View Post
Above post is pretty bad... here's what I do.

AF (keep up, on multiple targets if possible)
FL
(wrath)
DF
CD
FL
(wrath)
CL

Shock when moving if CD/CL are on cooldown/not wrath'd, never shock in normal rotation, or lightning strike. Ever. Never full cast CD/CL.

Always use full FL channels for recklessness, maybe CL+DF if you've got 2+ targets. Only break FL channel when wrath procs if DF and CD are up.

As 13/28 you can't spam CL all day, so sometimes just keep spamming FL until DF/CD are off cooldown.

Also, your #1 priority is always a barrage proc'd FL half cast. Assuming you didn't get a barrage proc, the rotation above is win.

Note this is basically a PVE post but the only change I'd make for PVP is that I use recklessness for the DF+CL+FL combo mostly instead of for only FL channels. (stalker set ftw).
yeah this is what noobs sorcs do. they just FL and wait for wrath procs so they can CL. and they have no idea that shock dmg = CL dmg single target which is better than channeling FL

Wookiebeast
02.20.2012 , 10:49 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Slashd View Post
Still accepting questions in the thread or via pm.
How about some rotation for each of the builds - primarily Madness and hybrid

Thanks

Sentrosi
02.21.2012 , 12:03 AM | #88
Just having some issues with my sorcerer.

Fresh 50 and pretty much ignored PvP until around 40, where I dabbled with it a bit, enough to get my 40 PvP robe and skirt which I've modded up to current 48-50 mods/enhancements/etc.

I guess my questions are what keybinds are needed for a Corruption focused Sorcerer in PvP? I'm willing to learn anything. I just want to feel like I'm contributing to the team and not just another meat shield.

Also, would like to see a beginning gear list for PvP, if there is such a thing. What sets should I be saving for?
Sith Master of the Dragon Wolves
Test System: Q9550, 8GB DDR3 1333, Gigabyte HD6850, Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R
Running Windows 7 x64

ShupFace
02.21.2012 , 04:15 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkzided View Post
yeah this is what noobs sorcs do. they just FL and wait for wrath procs so they can CL. and they have no idea that shock dmg = CL dmg single target which is better than channeling FL
Are you saying that versus a single target Shock is better than Force Lightning? That doesn't sound right.

Besides, I thought Crushing Darkness (with wrath proc'd) was better than Chain Lightning or Shock for single target damage?

Sosajoshua
02.21.2012 , 01:19 PM | #90
What is the highest single hit this hybrid set can do in one death field with an average crit ratio
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut