Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

King_Of_Red_Lion's Avatar


King_Of_Red_Lion
01.30.2012 , 02:54 PM | #71
Just recently picked up the game, would you say sorcerer is the way to go for a previous WoW mage?
Soon all will acknowledge my reign.

JeepThang's Avatar


JeepThang
01.30.2012 , 07:21 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by King_Of_Red_Lion View Post
Just recently picked up the game, would you say sorcerer is the way to go for a previous WoW mage?
out of all the other classes, yes.

however, the skill trees offer versatility, like: healing, dots or straightforward dps (or mix and match!)..



re: pvp---

the biggest, most annoying, thing ive seen lately in pvp is how many stuns, knockdowns and interrupts i seem to get from rebel players... it just feels like its increased 100-fold since this time last month.... and i get only 1 break-free ability........ /shrug maybe its just me, but it seems like a ton more than im used to. tbh, i think stapling bologna to my face and sticking my head in a bag of angry badgers would be more entertaining. but i still march onward.
God? God is love. I don't love you.
Darth Enslaver - Sorcerer
Sanctum of the Exalted

Anelyn's Avatar


Anelyn
01.31.2012 , 10:58 AM | #73
I prefer lightning myself for premades, while instant WW is nice in itself, as well as FL spam, on their own they won't do much dmg (can't really pressure tank as madness when he got 2 healers dispelling shielding etc), TB is internal dmg and completely bypasses all defenses except ofc resistance to internal dmg, and believe it or not, 2s casts can be pulled of frequently and reliable you can easily bait interrupts on other spells etc (is more similar to playing a merc from my PoV, and I also play paired with one, together we have no probs blowing up a tank with ball in a knocback / awe / flashbang on healers etc).

Sosajoshua's Avatar


Sosajoshua
02.01.2012 , 09:30 AM | #74
Yesterday was really annoying to me for PvP as i was either getting stunned or roped in close to get TT. Huttball i find to be a great WZ for Sorcerer as it allows any set (corruption/lightning/madness) to play support or to go on the offensive. The only real problem there are those classes that can bring you towards enviorment hazards.

Civil War is aldo a nice place for Sorcerer as while defending a turrent they can easily 1v1 someone (if they are alone). If the sorc wants to be more offensive he can massive damage when coupled with other allies against a group of rep scum. I cant say much for my builds on trees as I am attempting a hybrid similar to the OP, as well as the fact that HB and CW are the 2 warzones im most familiar with
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

BlanksonBlank's Avatar


BlanksonBlank
02.01.2012 , 01:10 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Anelyn View Post
I prefer lightning myself for premades, while instant WW is nice in itself, as well as FL spam, on their own they won't do much dmg (can't really pressure tank as madness when he got 2 healers dispelling shielding etc), TB is internal dmg and completely bypasses all defenses except ofc resistance to internal dmg, and believe it or not, 2s casts can be pulled of frequently and reliable you can easily bait interrupts on other spells etc (is more similar to playing a merc from my PoV, and I also play paired with one, together we have no probs blowing up a tank with ball in a knocback / awe / flashbang on healers etc).
I agree, i pug as lighning and its very viable, I stack crit/surge and pull off fairly decent burst, and incredible burst if i get lucky with rng(polarity shift into thundering blast into instant chain lighting+forked lightning proc with recklessness into shock with chain shock proc =8k+ dmg in a matter of seconds) . The skill cap on lightning spec is higher imo, requires better posistion and awarness then Madness and the hybrid specs, and results in a more satisfying play style for me.

Gotryce's Avatar


Gotryce
02.09.2012 , 02:48 AM | #76
Relics, Stims, Recklessness are all your biggest friend. TBH, 1-49 Sorc was a lot of fun. 50 sorc is going to suck until you are at a minimum champ geared out w/500+ Exp.

If a sorc has all 3 of the above available you will notice you can shred apart a lot of people. If not, assist others and play to your strength.

I think a lot of people think the sorc is OP at times because of using CD buffs and stims. The general DPS from a sorc is sustained dps or aoe. So again a balanced class, you get a little bit of everything. It can be frustrating cause some noob can spam a button over and over and hit you for 4-5k without stims, etc.

Also the stun problem is a whole other beast, chain stunning is rampant and super annoying.

Cyelen's Avatar


Cyelen
02.09.2012 , 05:33 PM | #77
Trololol.. 30min ago, ASSASSIN shooted force lightning to me and did 1,4k tics, *** with that? i do with relic + rakata buffs on max around 1,25k tics ( or no pvp gear ppl 1,3k+ ). have seen sins do allso with other cast spells really high dmg:s.. how the f*ck do melee class make same or more dmg with casting skills than pure caster class?

and i got full champion + buyble bm:s, 600+ exp, 39/48 surge in all. so no, its not my gear.

Against sins who use that hybrid casting build and have even little brains, sorc dont have any change against em, they put glowing condom on, come hump leg and do 10k dmg in time glowing condom lasts, after that try run away or what every sorc wants = sorc is dead next another 5sec.

And yes, we have massive 5sec and 10sec cc.. theyr not enough for running away or healing enough to survive.

even melee enemies who have 10-30% hp, beats sorcs without any problem if they dont have any skills on cd and can think even little, and thats just sad, sorcs healt is so weak, takes dmg like hell and cant do any kinda burst, what every other class can do and kill sorc in 4-10 sec.

Constant stable ranged dmg isnt enough on sorc, have seen every class do 400+ dmg in wz:s, so all classes can do 400+ dmg, all classes than sorc can do burst.

And ppl really call sorc to ower powered..
For Dark Powers

ipingthepong's Avatar


ipingthepong
02.13.2012 , 02:25 PM | #78
In the 0/13/28 spec, I was wondering how you guys felt about the oppressing force talent in pvp.

People seem to spec it most of the time, but 10 seconds doesn't seem like a lot to me, and using those two talents on reserves or parasitism seems like it would be more useful.

What do you guys think?

islander's Avatar


islander
02.14.2012 , 01:46 PM | #79
When you say 'use your mouse to move' - what exactly do you mean?

Right now, I have W for forward movement. I do NOT have a backwards key - or turn left/right. I use the mouse for this.

I do have 'A' and 'D' for strafe.

I have no idea how to actually move - forward - with my mouse. If there's something I'm missing here, please edumacate me

Not a clicker. Ok maybe 2 or 3 skills I rarely use, I have about 20-22 keybinds, about as many as I can process (in a timely manner).
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

pinkfreudHC's Avatar


pinkfreudHC
02.14.2012 , 02:02 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
When you say 'use your mouse to move' - what exactly do you mean?

Right now, I have W for forward movement. I do NOT have a backwards key - or turn left/right. I use the mouse for this.

I do have 'A' and 'D' for strafe.

I have no idea how to actually move - forward - with my mouse. If there's something I'm missing here, please edumacate me

Not a clicker. Ok maybe 2 or 3 skills I rarely use, I have about 20-22 keybinds, about as many as I can process (in a timely manner).
Hold both mouse buttons down to move forward.

I bind W and R to Left/Right strafe respectively, as this moves your fingers over one set of keys (thereby giving greater keyboard access).