Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

Ronisman
12.26.2011 , 09:11 PM | #11
I'd like to discuss some hybrid builds for pvp as well. Here is the one I like:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZdcMMdRrZcMcRsrk.1

What are your thoughts on the build or why your hybrid build may be superior?
I see several hybrid builds without death mark, but imo it is too good to leave off the table.

Trivialed
12.26.2011 , 09:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntingez View Post
Speaking for a 31pt madness or Wrath/CL build, you really don't need to be bursty like some other classes. Both these builds have amazing mobility, escapes and great sustained dps.

Playing a ranged class is all about positioning, knowing where to stand, where to LOS, ect.. If you can do that you can dominate and put out amazing pressure against multiple opponents. You don't need insane burst, that would push these 2 builds over the top.

Don't let your health get low either, if your being sniped down or whatever use your CC breaker or sprint to get to LOS and throw a heal or 2, re-shield and get back out there even if your at like 75% hp.

If you can position yourself, micromanage your dots/deathfeild/cc you will top damage and kills every WZ your enter and do quite a bit of healing.
I have played these builds my current build is a tri-tree hybrid which takes the best from all 3 trees. I made it for more survivability and it works to a degree. Im not a bad player, I understand how to play the class. The issue is our burst is not as good as it should be. Once you get crit for 6k then a follow up for 5k, it takes you down to 10-30% hp depending on how geared you are. From here most class can just auto attack you down.

For us to pull that kind of damage it takes atleast several skills and running around + cc. The fix would be to revamp lightning to be more Burst DPS style, such as taking away the auto crit from thundering blast and raising the base damage on it and also giving a % dmg increase when targets are under affliction. This would allow us to be bursty without being overpowered.

HereticZero
12.26.2011 , 09:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Slashd View Post
Many players throughout The Old Republic have been raging at being facerolled and omgwtfbbqpwned by Sorcerer's who can escape the fight with 90-100% health.
LOL too true, I can take on 2-3 republic players no problem with my sorc. Too easy. Sorcs are awesome. Good post.
-= The Enclave =-
Recruiting mature players interested in experiencing end game content,
minus the end game guild drama and rage.

Slashd
12.26.2011 , 09:44 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by WeakSauCeee View Post
When you say mouse to move? Like Lineage2 Click where to move ?
When I say clicking to move I mean that you should be holding down both mouse buttons and use Q-W-E to move forward/strafe. You shouldn't use A/D to turn and NEVER use S to back peddle. Such movements are clunky and a good PvPer will run circles (literally) around you.

-------------

In regards to hybrid specs.. I'm not a fan of them as they don't utilize the full utility of either spec. The hybrid that is listed above does not provide the guaranteed crit and it does not have the snare on creeping terror (or death mark for extra dps) and thus it loses out on the staple abilities for each spec. I will post what I view as the most viable hybrid spec and the uses to the spec as an edit within the main thread.
Solaris █
Website
Hardcore PvP

-Sombrous-
12.27.2011 , 06:24 PM | #15
I am interested in your theories on these builds, but I seem to not be able to see the builds in your OP. When I click the links I get a partially filled build tree.

You make some great points about lightning, though it seems that a well-supported lightning sorc could be a very destructive force in organized pvp.
Acolytes Recruitment
http://www.acolytescommunity.com
GIVE LIFE, TAKE LIFE, FOR LIFE

Cythis
12.27.2011 , 06:42 PM | #16
We have great burst with wrath just not single skill burst but any higher and we would be OP. Defence is the key and that only comes with expertise, skill and a good team. Include hybrid and healing and ill +1
Cythis ~

Ronisman
12.27.2011 , 06:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sombrous- View Post
I am interested in your theories on these builds, but I seem to not be able to see the builds in your OP. When I click the links I get a partially filled build tree.

You make some great points about lightning, though it seems that a well-supported lightning sorc could be a very destructive force in organized pvp.
Links to builds on torhead appear to not be functioning properly anymore.

Sirokai
12.27.2011 , 07:06 PM | #18
http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-...02131201000000

That's the hybrid I'm rolling with (since torhead seems to be broken atm).
Sith Sorcerer (Pandemonium) - Female, Sith Pureblood; Imperial Agent (Sidelined) - Male, Chiss; Jedi Knight (Lamuh) - Male, Sith Pureblood; Trooper (Khaligto) - Female, Mirialin

Ronisman
12.27.2011 , 07:22 PM | #19

Slashd
12.27.2011 , 09:15 PM | #20
I'll repost my builds in a bit.

EDIT- Links seem to be working fine for me. -.- Hmmm...
Solaris █
Website
Hardcore PvP