Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

Darth_Solrac
02.21.2012 , 11:08 PM | #91
Just so I'm clear, a hybrid is a Sorc. (in my case) that takes many different skills from the 3 different trees, yes?
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Darkzided
02.22.2012 , 09:04 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ShupFace View Post
Are you saying that versus a single target Shock is better than Force Lightning? That doesn't sound right.

Besides, I thought Crushing Darkness (with wrath proc'd) was better than Chain Lightning or Shock for single target damage?
i mean you would have better dps output while casting FL and CS on cool down rather than FL alone

You always cast your FL when you can. And juggle between death field, crushing darkness, chain lightning, chain shock, afflic. Be watchful with your cool downs. You FL all the way but when these cool downs are up you have to unload them.

jitsuo
02.22.2012 , 11:49 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkzided View Post
i mean you would have better dps output while casting FL and CS on cool down rather than FL alone

You always cast your FL when you can. And juggle between death field, crushing darkness, chain lightning, chain shock, afflic. Be watchful with your cool downs. You FL all the way but when these cool downs are up you have to unload them.
Wrath seems to proc enough, it's usually up enough for me to unload instant CD/CL's whenever I need. I only ever use Shock as a finisher in PVP and I tend to use DF before I use CD and Affli

My rotation is FL spam(Wrath Proc)>DF>CD>Affli>FL spam(Wrath proc)>CL and then do that over and over, the CD's tend to line up perfectly and wrath procs aren't really wasted at all.

EDIT: Just saying, the Death Mark proc makes it so that CD and Affli hit 20% harder, so using Death Field before either of those skills makes the most sense to me.

luftbyxa
02.26.2012 , 02:07 PM | #94
So I just got myself to level and I wonder what pvp gear I should get?

I plan to run some kind of hybrid lightning/madness build

Vinlander
02.29.2012 , 07:21 PM | #95
As I read this, I pictured DaoC...

jbuschell
03.01.2012 , 06:47 AM | #96
Going from jedi sentinel to sith sorc was like going from a low paying job working my butt off to a high paying job where I dk nothing but flirt with secretary all day, loving my sorc

wwkingms
03.05.2012 , 08:55 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by jbuschell View Post
Going from jedi sentinel to sith sorc was like going from a low paying job working my butt off to a high paying job where I dk nothing but flirt with secretary all day, loving my sorc
wierd, because maraduers and sentinels are arguably the most powerful class in the game, i gues u just didnt know how to play it
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Amiodarone
03.06.2012 , 12:03 PM | #98
There are some medals you can trip and fall into..

75k dmg
75k healing
2.5k single heal
killing Blow
Solo Kill
1k Defender (depending on map)
3k Defender (depending on map)
300k dmg (after low 30s and depending on map)
2.5k hit (high 30s to low 40s DON'T forget Self BUFF + Adrenal + Relic + Expertise buff)

In a good stalemate Zergstar all of the above are fairly easy to obtain.. The 300k healing one is hard to get unless you focus solely on healing the entire game..

imehiel
01.11.2013 , 06:53 AM | #99
Great guide, thank you ^__^ /