Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sith Juggernauts Extremely Under-Powered Discussion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Juggernaut
Sith Juggernauts Extremely Under-Powered Discussion?

Noth's Avatar


Noth
12.26.2011 , 12:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RaptorClown View Post
none of the classes can hit me for 3k. not sure if anyone hit me for more than 2.

charge, choke, smash, crush, kick, oliberate, smash (9sec cd) ure dead. enjoy. and u cant even do anything. true bh can do 400k dmg per BG but they do aoe dmg, while i do 200k to single targets mostly. 6-7medals always. sooo yeah. ****.

only crap is that u have to charge in group of foes and they can focus you easily.
At least 3 classes can hit me for 3k+ several times in a row while I am in soresu form specc'd immortal. Snipers/gunslingers can do it from range with no way for me to close the distance before I'm dead. Scoundrel/Ops can chain 3 k hits on you while they stun you leaving you with 2k-3k health left when the cc finally ends. Merc/Vanguards can chain together 3k hits, though they are a bit easier to get to, they have more tools to keep a jugg away than the jugg has to get close. My vengeance spec couldn't dream of hitting like that. The rage spec only hits that hard with a single smash, then it's back to hitting pretty weakly.

I've said this before I can get 6-7 metals, lead the warzone in damage and even protection, that does not mean the class is fine. It means either I had a good pocket healer, the other team sucked or I played extremely well that game. I'll use this example again, In league of legends I can go 24 and 0 as AD soraka, but that does not mean that AD soraka is good.

Also your example is of going against someone brain dead in pvp. Other classes have so many tools to shut that down it's not even funny.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowcatra View Post
I have a lvl 50 Jugg tank spec'd and haven't seen anything too under-powered in the class at all. You deal less dmg overall, but the burst from some strong attacks along with unstoppable CDs make you invincible in PvP. It's a tank AC it's not supposed to deal sh*t tons of dmg.
As tank spec your last statement is true. However the class is more than a tank. If what you say is true, assassins and powertech shouldn't be able to do the damage they do. Heck healers shouldn't be able to do the damage they do.
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site

Rawrjulian's Avatar


Rawrjulian
12.26.2011 , 12:33 PM | #22
a jug is a "TANK" we should never be able to out dps a dps class. if its i cant hold agro issue its most likely the tanks fault sorry

Afortunado's Avatar


Afortunado
12.26.2011 , 12:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rawrjulian View Post
a jug is a "TANK" we should never be able to out dps a dps class. if its i cant hold agro issue its most likely the tanks fault sorry
What are you talking about? Juggernaut is the name of the AC, not the tree that we spec into. If a Jug specs into Rage then according to Bioware we should be doing the same DPS as a BH or any other class.

AegisWard's Avatar


AegisWard
12.26.2011 , 12:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rawrjulian View Post
a jug is a "TANK" we should never be able to out dps a dps class. if its i cant hold agro issue its most likely the tanks fault sorry
It's comments like this that make me wish you had to pass a test to post on the forums.

Rawrjulian's Avatar


Rawrjulian
12.26.2011 , 01:18 PM | #25
i would have to agree lol i did comment with out reading the whole thing and i only speak in terms of pve. but i would have to agree we do lack good internal/ele dr, 4% is just to little and i have not seen any mods that help that out yet.

VRBW's Avatar


VRBW
12.26.2011 , 02:08 PM | #26
Quote:
i would have to agree lol i did comment with out reading the whole thing and i only speak in terms of pve. but i would have to agree we do lack good internal/ele dr, 4% is just to little and i have not seen any mods that help that out yet.
The thing is, armour and damage resistance isn't an issue in PvE, because if you're taking physical damage as DPS, your tank is doing something wrong.

The reason people are complaining is that Juggernaught does noticably worse damage than Assassin. That makes sense, until you realise that we get exactly the same type of skill trees as they do (2 DPS, 1 Tank), and we aren't appreciably better tanks.

We're no more a tank class than they are, yet we're much worse DPS.

HectorCasan's Avatar


HectorCasan
12.26.2011 , 02:47 PM | #27
Should buff all abilitys that were nerfed from 15 meters to 10 meters, like force choke, push, scream, etc.

Sun-Runner's Avatar


Sun-Runner
12.26.2011 , 06:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rawrjulian View Post
a jug is a "TANK" we should never be able to out dps a dps class. if its i cant hold agro issue its most likely the tanks fault sorry
A Juggernaut has three trees. One for tanking, two for damage.

A Powertech has three trees. One for tanking, two for damage.

An Assassin has three trees. One for tanking, two for damage.

All three are viable tanks. All three should be viable damage; two classes are viable damage. Guess which one isn't?

Juggernauts are not only "tanks". Powertech are not only "tanks". Assassins are not only "tanks". Why are you telling Juggernauts that its' okay their damage is subpar because they are tanks but aren't screaming about the other tanks' significantly better damage?

Ravothian's Avatar


Ravothian
12.26.2011 , 08:00 PM | #29
Bit of advice: You are playing the MOST gear dependent class. Get Slicing so you can keep your gear up to date while you are leveling up. The reason you feel underpowered is because you rely a lot on having solid equipment.

Apokalypsis's Avatar


Apokalypsis
12.26.2011 , 08:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravothian View Post
Bit of advice: You are playing the MOST gear dependent class. Get Slicing so you can keep your gear up to date while you are leveling up. The reason you feel underpowered is because you rely a lot on having solid equipment.
Thats the probe we are underpowered...

I have been crafting my gear and I do ok, but I feel that I need a lot to kill a target, or much more than other classes, and that doesnt give me more proteccion.

Jugg Rage dps tree here.
Bellum omnium contra omnes Metastasis Neutral Sith Warrior
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."