Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Juggernauts Extremely Under-Powered Discussion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Sith Juggernauts Extremely Under-Powered Discussion?

HeXeLz
12.25.2011 , 07:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkInsidious View Post
Leave the Rage tree alone it's crap.
I am now under the impression that these forums are filled with nubs and trolls.

I have a 50 Juggernaut, and Rage tree is by far the BEST in PvP.

Juggernaut doesn't do enough damage? My up to 4k Smash crits beg to differ.

Juggernaut, and Marauder for that matter, are the classes that don't really start shining till around level 40. Until then, grab your Vette if you're tank spec or Quinn if you're dps and simply quest until you get there.

I'm pulling top 3 highest dps numbers in warzones all the time, I've tanked some 50 instances no problem. The class has fantastic end game. Problems with early levels have been known since early beta days. If YOU have a problem with leveling this class then either upgrade your gear or play an easier class: Inquisitor and Bounty Hunters are by far the easiest archetypes to get you to 50 with.

Noth
12.25.2011 , 07:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by HeXeLz View Post
I am now under the impression that these forums are filled with nubs and trolls.

Juggernaut, and Marauder for that matter, are the classes that don't really start shining till around level 40. Until then, grab your Vette if you're tank spec or Quinn if you're dps and simply quest until you get there.

I'm pulling top 3 highest dps numbers in warzones all the time, I've tanked some 50 instances no problem. The class has fantastic end game. Problems with early levels have been known since early beta days. If YOU have a problem with leveling this class then either upgrade your gear or play an easier class: Inquisitor and Bounty Hunters are by far the easiest archetypes to get you to 50 with.
A single 4k smash... try multiple3k and 4k hits from a range with no setup. yeah that's what quite a few other classes can do.
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site

DevouringPlague
12.25.2011 , 07:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Noth View Post
A single 4k smash... try multiple3k and 4k hits from a range with no setup. yeah that's what quite a few other classes can do.
This.

DarkInsidious
12.25.2011 , 11:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by HeXeLz View Post

LOL @ your 4k hit on a 12sec CD.
CE VIP 29Jul ||⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿||█████████████████████████████████

Kolbenito
12.26.2011 , 12:52 AM | #15
Forst of all, this isn't wow. Leveling a warriror in classic wow was heavy downtime and forget about leveling as prot you wouldn't even be able to clear mobs in an area before they started respawning. For better or worse that game is nothing like it was even a few years ago for tanks. Pre nerf heroic shattered halls, fall over dead to 4k bleed ticks from non-elite dogs. Not enough rage for shield block and take a crush for your whole health bar.... but different games are different and even wow is nothing like it was in TBC for tanks.

The difficulty seems to be a bit more old school in swtor. Just casual observation but mobs are either doing non-physical damage, mixed, or have armor penetration. It is very important to interrupt and move out of aoe effects some of which are pretty subtle (e.g. those little droid ball things).

I think it is just an adjustment to go from a game where low level melee two shot everything to one wher you have to work a bit. Besides, we will get a look here soon and I'm sure if something really needs to be tweaked it will happen.

Ranged are easy to play, should not be news to any MMO vets.

BobaFurz
12.26.2011 , 02:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by eightohfive View Post
I am usually in the top 3 for damage and kills in PvP
So funny, you read this in every class forum section from players
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

RaptorClown
12.26.2011 , 02:35 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Noth View Post
none of the classes can hit me for 3k. not sure if anyone hit me for more than 2.

charge, choke, smash, crush, kick, oliberate, smash (9sec cd) ure dead. enjoy. and u cant even do anything. true bh can do 400k dmg per BG but they do aoe dmg, while i do 200k to single targets mostly. 6-7medals always. sooo yeah. ****.

only crap is that u have to charge in group of foes and they can focus you easily.

Shadowcatra
12.26.2011 , 02:42 AM | #18
I have a lvl 50 Jugg tank spec'd and haven't seen anything too under-powered in the class at all. You deal less dmg overall, but the burst from some strong attacks along with unstoppable CDs make you invincible in PvP. It's a tank AC it's not supposed to deal sh*t tons of dmg.

RenTheGod
12.26.2011 , 03:10 AM | #19
1. Turn spell queue off it took away that delay feel on spells for me anyways.

2. I don't know how, you must not be modding/gearing correctly or are focusing on str over endurance. I was always a head of people when it came to heal unless they out leveled me by 3-4+

3. Armor makes a difference, if you kill it in 30 seconds and he kills in in 10, you're taking another 20 seconds of damage. I can deal with elites just fine with a DPS or a healing companion at 44, I could also back at 28 so not sure how you're having huge issues there.

4. Well thats good, are you gearing correctly? Keeping your mods up dated? Also GEAR the hell out of your companions also, hell even have them out gear you. If you're using Vette you NEED to have her geared. Being under geared is going to lead to issues.

5. As immortal at your level anyways 80% of your DPS comes from Vette. Later on in the 40s or so is when I noticed I was able to do enough dps to kill efficiently enough to use Quinn to level with..and lets just say it's pretty awesome now.

I've been able to handle 1-2 Strongs and 4 normal mobs at once =/ this is with Quinn though at 42 or so at the time.

Anyways, yes Juggs are weaker then most of the other Classes in the leveling arena for sure. Though I wouldn't go as far and say that we're EXTREMELY Underpowered. We do need some tweaks and DPS buffs, but we're still 100% viable to level to 50.
Ren - The Crucible Pits
<Forged In Anger>
50 - Immortal Juggernaut

Apokalypsis
12.26.2011 , 04:05 AM | #20
Im low level but I feel my class is underpowered. But I dont want a buff, I feel is a group class, can tank good even in dps tree

We are the elite of the Empire, if I wanted an easy class I would have gone Inquisitor.
Bellum omnium contra omnes Metastasis Neutral Sith Warrior
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."