Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Juggernauts Extremely Under-Powered Discussion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Sith Juggernauts Extremely Under-Powered Discussion?

ThiefUK
12.25.2011 , 01:44 PM | #1
I'v played on my Sith Juggernaut for a good 30-40 hours and am currently level 28, i know people hate comparisants to WoW but it has to be said, i'v read on other posts and have noticed it myself, Spells & Abilities that are instant casts taking 0.5-1 second to cast from engine lagg or something but par from that:

- Other Class's that are not even tanking spec seem to have higher Health / Endurance than me even when they've not spec'd and or got the gear for it.

- Taking on 3 + Mobs takes your health to around 1/4 if spells are on CD, If you tank 1 Elite mob and "Accidently" pull another, its game over.

- Heavy Armor? What.. I'v seen Medium Armor DPS Warriors take down Elite after Elite faster and more efficently than myself, after inspecting said person, they had 1000 - 1200 Armor, i had near 6000, its like Armor isn't Armor, its just for show...

- I have spec'd correctly, followed a few guides and experimented myself, nothing seems to affect my Character, Yes i can Buff and get the Defense Bonus but its nothing exciting.

- The Damage output is just horrible, after gathering commendations for hours and grinding through quests 1 by 1 on low level gear, to then upgrade said gear with commendations, new lighsaber, new everything, NOTHING CHANGES... Health increase yes but Damage... nop.

Imo the Sith Warrior Juggernaut is the most underpowered class in the game at the moment, its just not enjoyable, i played a warrior class in WoW tanking instances, taking on over 10 mobs at a time, i know the Damage system is different here but as a "Tank" you should be able to manage more than 6 mobs at a time...

anyone else having this as a tank?

Amonet
12.25.2011 , 01:45 PM | #2
go post in the juggernaut forums, where people actually care. Thanks

DarkInsidious
12.25.2011 , 01:49 PM | #3
You're playing the wrong spec.
CE VIP 29Jul ||⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿||█████████████████████████████████

roadrunner
12.25.2011 , 01:50 PM | #4
I think this is the wrong forum to have this serious discussion. The general forums is made for people to QQ.

It should be called the QQ forums really.. because of its audience.
Come together.

dirtyklingon
12.25.2011 , 01:51 PM | #5
i play a jugg and don't have these issues. i feel about equal to teh same level people i group with in terms of dps.

i think bh merc gets a bit better aoe than us, but otherwise in general i feel like a total ****** in pve for the most part.

are youfigthing mobs that are higher level than you? if so pone level above will make a big difference.
what's a few corpses if the credits are right?

eightohfive
12.25.2011 , 02:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ThiefUK View Post
I'v played on my Sith Juggernaut for a good 30-40 hours and am currently level 28
You are only level 28, you aren't in a position to say whether the class is over/underpowered or even balanced. I'm only level 36, I'm not going to say whether it is either because I CAN'T know.

I will tell you my experience so far though, I am usually in the top 3 for damage and kills in PvP and I have done every heroic and flashpoint without ever wiping even once. I've never ran across an appropriate level elite I couldn't kill. However, the variability while leveling is too much to make any kind of statement about balance (I just got a new ability at 36 that is a main attack in my rotation). Maybe I get to 50 and realize my class is broke, maybe not, I can only say for sure WHEN I am 50.

If you understand how balancing works in an MMO, you don't worry about it at level 28. It's like wanting every class to be balanced 1v1, it's impossible unless every class is exactly the same.
<Malum Factum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | like us on facebook | learn more about us
Apply Now

Systam
12.25.2011 , 02:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by eightohfive View Post
It's like wanting every class to be balanced 1v1, it's impossible unless every class is exactly the same.

Bioware thinks they can do that lol!

DarkInsidious
12.25.2011 , 05:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Systam View Post
Bioware thinks they can do that lol!
Every class is almost exactly the same.

Every class has a 4 sec stun, a cc, a damage reducer, channel attacks, dots, support skills, etc....

If you sat down and compared every class skill by skill there would be very minor discrepencies.

Such as...

SI/JC gets 2 sec 150% speed increase. Retarded. Probably the most unbalanced skill in the game.

AegisWard
12.25.2011 , 05:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ThiefUK View Post
I'v played on my Sith Juggernaut for a good 30-40 hours and am currently level 28, i know people hate comparisants to WoW but it has to be said, i'v read on other posts and have noticed it myself, Spells & Abilities that are instant casts taking 0.5-1 second to cast from engine lagg or something but par from that:

- Other Class's that are not even tanking spec seem to have higher Health / Endurance than me even when they've not spec'd and or got the gear for it.

- Taking on 3 + Mobs takes your health to around 1/4 if spells are on CD, If you tank 1 Elite mob and "Accidently" pull another, its game over.

- Heavy Armor? What.. I'v seen Medium Armor DPS Warriors take down Elite after Elite faster and more efficently than myself, after inspecting said person, they had 1000 - 1200 Armor, i had near 6000, its like Armor isn't Armor, its just for show...

- I have spec'd correctly, followed a few guides and experimented myself, nothing seems to affect my Character, Yes i can Buff and get the Defense Bonus but its nothing exciting.

- The Damage output is just horrible, after gathering commendations for hours and grinding through quests 1 by 1 on low level gear, to then upgrade said gear with commendations, new lighsaber, new everything, NOTHING CHANGES... Health increase yes but Damage... nop.

Imo the Sith Warrior Juggernaut is the most underpowered class in the game at the moment, its just not enjoyable, i played a warrior class in WoW tanking instances, taking on over 10 mobs at a time, i know the Damage system is different here but as a "Tank" you should be able to manage more than 6 mobs at a time...

anyone else having this as a tank?
Sorry everyone was a dick to you. I can concede the fact that it's hard to gauge the potential of a class until you hit level 50, but if that's always the case then a lot of people won't play certain classes. The journey, or storyline to 50, is what BW says the game is REALLY about. So if Jugg stinks compared to all other classes UNTIL 50, then it's still a design flaw. And that's not the way to encourage people to play a class. So for the flamers telling you not to comment until you're level 50, I'd just skip over their posts.

I personally agree with you on several points. I suppose it is possible that our expectations are a little high (this is the class I wanted to play most and Tanking is what I do..) but that is neither here nor there. I have noticed and been concerned about the exact points you made above. B/c I'm dedicated to see how this class is at end game I won't be re-rolling, but the concerns are still there. If you and I both have them then it's unlikely we're the only ones. I think it's something that needs to be reviewed by BW. Nobody here is 'qualified' to decide whether to nerf/buff, but everyone here IS qualified to share their observations. And currently mine are shared with the poster. The Sith Juggernaut needs a look-over and should be contrasted to other classes. Our DPS needs a bump as does our mitigation (especially Internal/Elemental.) I'm tired of being in Soresu Form and being killed in seconds to Internal/Elemental dmg. Especially since 75% of players in Warzones are SI/JC...

As for Tanking in Flashpoints, I am doing fine. I hold aggro well, though I look forward to more AoE abilities. Unfortunately my Healer still complains about my ability to mitigate damage. There isn't much more I can do as I'm specced appropriately, use my CDs, and have the best gear I can get my hands on. So I would support a buff here. Hope we see something official soon on BW's position/opinion on our class.

DarkInsidious
12.25.2011 , 06:24 PM | #10
If you're looking for tank spec - Immortal

Damage - Vengeance

Leave the Rage tree alone it's crap.