Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Changes in Fallen Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Changes in Fallen Empire
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
09.08.2015 , 10:32 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

In Fallen Empire we will be making changes to Conquests so I wanted to let you know about what is being adjusted. One thing that we noticed in looking at Conquests is that not as many players as we would hope are completing their personal targets. We feel this may be because the targets are too high, requiring more time to complete than many players may have available. Because of this we are adjusting the target points for rewards in some Conquests:
  • All Conquests which previously required 35,000 target points have had that target number reduced to 20,000.
  • Titans of Industry will remain at 25,000 target points.
  • Total Galactic War will remain at 50,000 target points.
  • Trade Emporium will remain at 25,000 target points.
Note that Guilds will still compete, as normal, for the top 10 on each Planet once these targets have been reached.

In looking at our data and in seeing playing feedback, one thing we have noticed is that many Guilds are primarily using the repeatable Crafting objective to gain points for Conquests. Although we want to include Crafting as an essential part of the Conquest effort, we don’t want that objective to be the “only best answer” to Conquests. Due to this we are making the following changes:
  • The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.
These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Liquor
09.08.2015 , 10:37 AM | #2
Look forward to the changes
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams, UI Settings and Discord
Grand Möff Kilran - Sýlas - Harkún
AKA: knowmyname -=- #NerfOperatives

TUXs
09.08.2015 , 10:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.
These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Wow...that's a HUGE and FANTASTIC change Eric. That completely alters HOW Conquests will be won.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DOHboy
09.08.2015 , 10:41 AM | #4
excellent, when the individual bonuses are not repeatable it make it rather hard to do conquest on anything other than a single char and makes some conquests much more difficult (i.e craft to win). Thus lowering the individual goal supports everyone without hurting the upper limit. removing the craft to win is also a good thing.
ya'll know what this is (hint yes its a referral link)

Reno_Tarshil
09.08.2015 , 10:42 AM | #5
Good Deal on the crafting conquest changes.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

AshlaBoga
09.08.2015 , 10:42 AM | #6
Any chance of making Revenge of the Revanites happen more often? That Conquest is WAY to rare.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Pscyon
09.08.2015 , 10:43 AM | #7
While you're mucking about with conquests anyway, could you let us disable the conquest spam (stupid pointless annoying message) that's plastered on top of the screen every time we enter a new area? It really isn't interesting knowing what guild "controls" a zone and for some reason this and the stronghold name messages can't be disabled or moved in the UI editor. It only makes things worse that sometimes these messages fails to fade away too.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Tachenko_Yuri
09.08.2015 , 10:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.[/LIST]These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric
#Rekt.

Sadly the guilds who do the 2 million burst 2 mins in weekly reset, have probably already done, and finished, their thing.

A really efficient cure discovered for a patient who has already died.

And now, to see how those said guilds go mental since they have a month and more to do something about tying up loose ends in conq, via craft spam
Main: Lynette Walkhar
Commando - Eternal Warrior - Darth Malgus - Conqueror of Quesh/Voss/Makeb/Balmorra/Taris - Hand of Judgement Guild

JumperPenn
09.08.2015 , 10:46 AM | #9
Nice that the team has lowered the requirement and finally noticed that craft for conquest is a thing.

I'd really like them to add other things for us to do besides the same ones, like letting me run some PVE or Space Missions (that's the original space mini-game not GSF.

I'm sure there are other things players would like to be added as alternative options to get conquest points.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
While you're mucking about with conquests anyway, could you let us disable the conquest spam (stupid pointless annoying message) that's plastered on top of the screen every time we enter a new area? It really isn't interesting knowing what guild "controls" a zone and for some reason this and the stronghold name messages can't be disabled or moved in the UI editor.
Oh yeah this would be great, I made a bugreport on this when they launched way back when.
Refer a friend program details here:
http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Referral Link-http://www.swtor.com/r/kry46m

Faardor
09.08.2015 , 10:47 AM | #10
while youre at it nerf PVP. Or even better, make it so that points (so if a world is flashpoints and operations) can only be gotten by doing the relevant planet bonuses.