Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Summit: Sidonie Garen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Summit: Sidonie Garen

Fenaith
12.30.2011 , 06:31 AM | #21
Yeah - got ROFLSTOMPED first go that left me thinking ***?

even the "end" boss in the castle didn't put up as much of a fight...

but yeah, used shields a lot second go to see what each of her abilities did.

then got her third try with some good use of cooldowns (interrupting her self-heal and forcequakes)

used Quyzen, at lvl 30...

shiftymh
12.30.2011 , 06:55 AM | #22
I think this fight was designed to force you to get to know the class better.

underbridge
12.30.2011 , 07:05 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I think this fight was designed to force you to get to know the class better.
Certainly the Vivicar fight taught you well about interrupts. He was a kitten in all but his uber long build up single shot kill special.

but for the sake of on topic, how would you suggest players increase their awareness in this particular fight?
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the force. The force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined.

Khadroth
12.30.2011 , 07:53 AM | #24
A.) Use Tharan for interrupts.
B.) Use your own interrupts (This includes force stun and force wave).
C.) Use stims and medpacks if you're still struggling.

You can use that formula for any storyline boss btw.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Exnigma
12.30.2011 , 08:40 AM | #25
I actually beat Sidonie on the 3rd try, using Qyzen believe it or not.

The first two times I got stomped cause I was just doing it wrong.. tried to let Qyzen tank and myself heal through his dmg, but since she keeps healing (not enough interrupts to keep up w/) and I couldnt stop healing in order to keep Qyzen up, it was a losing situation and I'd just run outta force in like a minute.

Third time I just sent Qyzen in with a bubble/HoT, then immediately switched to DPS and only reapplied the bubble on Qyzen when I could. Her HP shot down so fast.. it became one of the easier fights thus far, she didn't even manage to kill Qyzen before I killed her.

Gear_Solas
12.30.2011 , 12:44 PM | #26
Had a similar experience to the OP as a shadow tank using Theran as a pocket healer. All the previous fights were challenging, but not impossible. Sidonie however tore me a new breathing hole. I mean, I wasn't even a speed hump.

Based on the feedback in this thread it sounds like it's meant to be a simple dps race. Unfortunately, I'm not really built for DPS, and even if I respec my gear is so heavily weighted towards defense that the gains may not be enough. Sedonie has so many spammable abilities that I run out of interrupts, and even with 7k health I can only eat one or two of her spells before I'm at a permanent hp disadvantage.

I'm about to give it another go, but it does feel like this fight was tuned much higher than all the preceding ones. Hopefully it's just an unlucky combination of spec/comp.

elvigy
12.30.2011 , 01:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Illutian View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one raging about this...

Apparently, what you need to do is keep moving and using insta-cast DPS until she uses Forcequake; then open up on her
This. I defeated her the first time. I was within one or two levels of her. She did kill Qyzen, though I tried my best to keep him up. When he went down, Sidonie was at roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of her HP. She still managed to get me down to about 1/4 (from full) of my HP before finally succumbing.

I was interrupting/stunning her as well while Qyzen was still alive, but she was spamming Force Quake faster than I could stop it.

Rehwyn
12.30.2011 , 01:44 PM | #28
When I did this fight, I happened to have a Jedi Sentinel friend along (we've been doing pretty much all our questing together for Social points). It was quite easy with Tharan out healing as a Shadow tank spec and I'm pretty sure I ended the fight around 80% HP, but I'm kinda wishing I had tried it solo first if it really was a nice challenge. Every other class quest I've done solo was a breeze with Tharan healing me and providing CC/interrupts except for the one optional caster Champion on the ship at the beginning for Chapter 2 (which got me down to around 30-40%).

I suppose my own experiences do support the idea she is a bit of a DPS race though, as she barely got of any spells before her defeat due to our combined damage and interrupts. I think she managed to cast one Force Quake... and that's about all I remember really doing any real damage.

I will say that I was 2+ levels above her during the fight. That probably helps some as well.

Cardonne
12.30.2011 , 02:16 PM | #29
I tried to kill Master Sidonoe 2 times and was quickly dealt with. Then I finished the quest on the planet and had no problem. Might be that the story line about the peace summit requires you to have done all or most of the planet WAR missions before you get the peace talks going.

rzebiak
12.30.2011 , 02:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by StratisX View Post
I beat her no problem without stims or anything
Same here, I didn't he try to LOS her or cancel her spells either.

She was by far the hardest one up to the point, I ended up with only like 30% health remaining. Just keep interupting her spells with your knockback, stun, and silence. Keep your companion and yourself shielded at all times, and just nuke her down.

I didn't really have too much trouble with the Jedi Consular quest chain until I got to Vivicar, who can 1 shot kill you if you don't interupt his spell....something I didn't notice until my 3rd atempt.