Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Summit: Sidonie Garen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Summit: Sidonie Garen

Darth-Piranha
12.25.2011 , 01:02 PM | #1
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this topic but here goes. I personally think that Master Sidonie Garen is way too powerful than she should be. I don't consider myself to a pro at mmos after all this is my first, but I'm not saying I suck at it either. I'm a sage seer at level 33 & all training is up to date. Its safe to say I've gotten it down pretty well. imo but I'm sure that's up for debate.

That said, it seems that out of all the masters I've faced and defeated so far have been within what I would consider a 'Fair Challenge' meaning maybe I get beat once and the second go-around I win but barely. And yet when It comes to "Master Sidonie Garen" with her constant HP healing back to 100%, unlimited force power, insane multiple projectiles, killing me and my companion five times with ease, warrants me to believe she's way over-stat than she needs to be and therefore don't find her to be a fair challenge. Not to mention it cost a thousand+ creds to repair everytime.

So the only way to beat her was to get a group, Kinda annoying tbh, that I've fought against easier bosses in heroic 2+'s than her. Just doesn't seem consistent with previous Masters yaknow? in terms of a "Fair Challenge"

So my request to BW is "Can you please lower her down, adjust her to within the 30-33 level please?" So we don't have to rely on a group to do what should be done solo?
䷀䷀䷀□□◫◸

䷀䷀䷀□□▥◤

Nastar
12.25.2011 , 01:17 PM | #2
It's been a while since i defeated her, but i think i made it on the second try, just run away from her earthquake spell, and since you're a sage use your absorption spell.

just spamm your dps rotation and nuke her down, worked for me
All hail .

Darth-Piranha
12.25.2011 , 01:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nastar View Post
It's been a while since i defeated her, but i think i made it on the second try, just run away from her earthquake spell, and since you're a sage use your absorption spell.

just spamm your dps rotation and nuke her down, worked for me
she was draining me and my companion out fast, real fast.. couldn't keep the absorption it was going out too soon.

i reset it so i can try again as i do like a challenge but after five fails, naturally had me raging a bit on ticket to bw lol.
䷀䷀䷀□□◫◸

䷀䷀䷀□□▥◤

Illutian
12.25.2011 , 10:23 PM | #4
Glad to see I'm not the only one raging about this...

At the rate I'm going I'll either:

a) Level up to 50 and come back

b) nag my guild to help me complete this*

*And I don't even know if 'you' can help others complete class quests; that's how often I've had to group (aka NEVER).

Freakin finally...

Apparently, what you need to do is keep moving and using insta-cast DPS until she uses Forcequake; then open up on her

BTW, BW, FIX THE AOE SIZE OF AOEs, I WAS GETTING HIT BY FORCEQUAKE WHEN I WAS CLEARLY OUTSIDE OF THE ABILITIES AREA OF EFFECT. What good is to to indicate where the spell's effect is if it's not a true representation of where you should not be standing...

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall. - Confucius

Forkrul
12.25.2011 , 10:31 PM | #5
Move out of aoe, nuke. Killed her first try as a shadow. And I'd suggest using healing companion to help keep you alive.
< The Unnamed > - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Forkrul - Shadow

Illutian
12.25.2011 , 10:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Forkrul View Post
Move out of aoe, nuke. Killed her first try as a shadow. And I'd suggest using healing companion to help keep you alive.
That's the problem you take at least 2 ticks of the damage AFTER leaving the circle placed on the ground. Each tick was hitting me for 500dmg. And you can't interrupt it because you need to save it for when she casts her heal.

Couple all that with the other abilities and I HIGHLY recommended Tharan, best Medpak (based on your level), and a prayer.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall. - Confucius

Paganini
12.26.2011 , 12:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Piranha View Post
So my request to BW is "Can you please lower her down, adjust her to within the 30-33 level please?" So we don't have to rely on a group to do what should be done solo?

I solo'd her at level 28 on my second try.

As the poster above me mentions, most problems can be solved by using Tharan.

StratisX
12.26.2011 , 12:07 AM | #8
I beat her no problem without stims or anything
The Force shall free me

Bootmgsh
12.26.2011 , 01:20 AM | #9
I do remember her brutalising me, but then I was underlevel and a healer. Got to lvl 30 then switched to Tele and got her, but it is tough, but that'll teach me for trying to rush to the end of Act 1.

Sadly I only learnt how awesome Holiday when I got to Vivicar.

Kathor
12.26.2011 , 02:21 AM | #10
Umm I defeated her on my first try... level 29 i think.
"Do, or do not... There is no try."
{|█|}////█[o]█(▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄)