Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP feels way to sluggish

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP feels way to sluggish

Sevaara
12.25.2011 , 12:34 PM | #1
It feels like there's a delay on everything. Enter a team fight and try to knock somebody back (aiming with it) goodluck, it won't work the way you want it to. On top of that, I'm seeing a lot of players run on the spot (40ms) then teleport to random places which is obviously just terrible lag. Just feels really messy.

The only good thing about SWTOR PvP is the concept of Huttball. Just a shame the pvp gameplay ruins it

Caeliux
12.25.2011 , 12:35 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
It feels like there's a delay on everything. Enter a team fight and try to knock somebody back (aiming with it) goodluck, it won't work the way you want it to. On top of that, I'm seeing a lot of players run on the spot (40ms) then teleport to random places which is obviously just terrible lag. Just feels really messy.

The only good thing about SWTOR PvP is the concept of Huttball. Just a shame the pvp gameplay ruins it
Sounds like a computer problem on your end, game runs fine for me and alot of other people.

Advice: Better check and see if your computer is at par to run the game fluent, if not upgrade.

TheErebUs
12.25.2011 , 12:36 PM | #3
Yeah it runs perfect for me. No lag or delays.
"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things, right now: Jack and ****... and Jack left town. "
-Bruce Campbell

MARSHMALLOWS!

Sevaara
12.25.2011 , 12:44 PM | #4
So one person teleporting around is a problem on my end? Knockback being laggy as hell (no other cc, just knockback) is also a problem on my end?...

TheErebUs
12.25.2011 , 12:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
So one person teleporting around is a problem on my end? Knockback being laggy as hell (no other cc, just knockback) is also a problem on my end?...
You sure it's not people using stealth?
"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things, right now: Jack and ****... and Jack left town. "
-Bruce Campbell

MARSHMALLOWS!

Nadeya
12.25.2011 , 12:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheErebUs View Post
Yeah it runs perfect for me. No lag or delays.
Iam smoking now 50 years and didnt die, 50% of smokers who die its their fault it cant be from smoking ....

The UI and combat IS slow, alot of ppls have this issue and also FPS drops in Warzones. There are alot of threads going around about it.

Just jump and try to cast something after it ... You will jump, cast for a half second or so and then the game will tell you "You canīt do that while moving". Itsīs not cause of lag, its because the UI and game is so slow executing commands.

Itīs like playing with lag when there is none. There are other problems for PvPers like camera snapback, camera in generel, lvl50s paired with lvl10s, small hitboxes, TAB targeting not function properly and sadly many other problems Iam tired to list cause I did that already a few times in this forum :/.

Sevaara
12.25.2011 , 12:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheErebUs View Post
You sure it's not people using stealth?
Nah I've seen loads of people stealthed (ironic xD) and it's not that. It's basically just knockbacks bothering me the most, when you can't aim your knockbacks on the Huttball map, it puts you at a bit of a disadvantage. Oh and those pad things that fire you up in the air seem incredibly buggy when in combat.

Sevaara
12.25.2011 , 01:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nadeya View Post
Iam smoking now 50 years and didnt die, 50% of smokers who die its their fault it cant be from smoking ....

The UI and combat IS slow, alot of ppls have this issue and also FPS drops in Warzones. There are alot of threads going around about it.

Just jump and try to cast something after it ... You will jump, cast for a half second or so and then the game will tell you "You canīt do that while moving". Itsīs not cause of lag, its because the UI and game is so slow executing commands.

Itīs like playing with lag when there is none. There are other problems for PvPers like camera snapback, camera in generel, lvl50s paired with lvl10s, small hitboxes, TAB targeting not function properly and sadly many other problems Iam tired to list cause I did that already a few times in this forum :/.
I don't have fps issues really, I'm playing on maybe 15-20 fps which is FAR from perfect but it's completely playable (on WoW I have 40fps in 25 man raids with medium settings) seems strange that SWTOR is demanding so much in terms of graphic performance and stuff.

& yeah the command executes are incredibly slow, that's a better way of wording what I want to say