Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris a disappointment

Necrosia
12.25.2011 , 01:59 PM | #11
That's funny, someone said they loved Taris
Huttball is BRILLIANT! LETS GO BERSERK!

teamcanuck
12.25.2011 , 02:03 PM | #12
I'm almost done Taris on my Gunslinger. I'm level 18 (3/4 to 19) and i just handed in the stuff to Risha and she wants to leave.

I have like a CRAPTON of quests left. Yeah sure it's not my story quest, but I can see getting to level 21 easily with just those quests before I leave the planet.

I've never done a WZ, I've only done Essels once (and never done any of the H2/H4 quests either on Coruscant or Taris.

Overall pretty happy with the amount of quests on Taris. Pretty happy with EVERYTHING on Taris, as IMO it's 100x better than Metal Land (aka Coruscant)....

Velocinox
12.25.2011 , 02:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Talahar View Post
Taris comes at a different time for the republic than for the empire.
For the republic it's the 16 to 20 planet, the first after the capital planet.
For the empire it comes much later.

Edit: I'm already dreading the next time I have to go through Taris.
It's rakghouls everywhere. Rakghouls Rakghouls Rakghouls.
Go there and get this stuff. Why? Rakghouls.
Go here and kill these pirates. Why? Rakghouls.
Go buy these bagels and eat them. Why? Rakghouls.
I HATE RAKGHOULS!
Yea, I thought it was pretty tedious, also. Not playing right now because I don't want to do any more of those boring quests. Wish all the planets could have been fun.
Qui-Gon! What does the scanner say about his midi-chlorian level?!
It's over TWENTY THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!

Sinuouss
12.25.2011 , 02:15 PM | #14
Taris was one of the longest planets I've done so far. You must have missed something.

Argentus
12.25.2011 , 02:22 PM | #15
I have to admit, I skipped the Heroic (4) quests.

After leveling from 20 to half-way through 24 on Taris, I was ready to go.

But the planet did teach me to think about how to use the mechanics of my character's class (I was playing a Sawbones-specced Scoundrel) and how to use my companion pretty well, especially given that I soloed all the Heroic (2) quests. But oh, man, if you don't use your stuns, cool downs and relic clickies appropriately, you (or at I) will get eaten, even at the top end of that 20-24 range.

I can't say I loved Taris, but I do think it went a long way towards teaching me to play my class.

thestackshow
12.25.2011 , 02:23 PM | #16
Troll post.

Taris was the best zone in the game.

Daeborn
12.25.2011 , 02:25 PM | #17
You should be able to get off Taris with around lvl 25 if you do things right and not rush through content.

Kunixp
12.25.2011 , 02:27 PM | #18
I finsihed Taris last night. I did everything except the heroics and the bonus quests after my story line and the main quests were done. I got there at level 33 and I am leaving at level 36.
Autumnrose 65 Sentinel, Zastastia 65 Commando, Unfi Sage, Augraine Scoundrel
Chy'raxx Shadow, Deviliah Guardian
Shoushi 65 Sorcerer, Arkadienne 65 Operative, Agalin 65 Powertech, Konvix 65 Mercenary, Uziz Juggernaut, Xandarjj Sniper, Dauber Marauder

Korrlen
12.25.2011 , 02:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Argentus View Post
I have to admit, I skipped the Heroic (4) quests.

After leveling from 20 to half-way through 24 on Taris, I was ready to go.

But the planet did teach me to think about how to use the mechanics of my character's class (I was playing a Sawbones-specced Scoundrel) and how to use my companion pretty well, especially given that I soloed all the Heroic (2) quests. But oh, man, if you don't use your stuns, cool downs and relic clickies appropriately, you (or at I) will get eaten, even at the top end of that 20-24 range.

I can't say I loved Taris, but I do think it went a long way towards teaching me to play my class.
I love when regular gameplay teaches you subtly how to play your class better.
I don't have the issue most people have with Taris, but only because I know a lot about the history of it, having played Kotor, and reading other things.

Fantazm
12.25.2011 , 05:00 PM | #20
Taris looked great and I loved the kotor references in it, but for some reason it annoyed the hell out of me.

Still, for some bizarre reason I went and did the bonus series. Just left to go to Quesh now, just reached level 38 so I'm slightly overlevelled.