Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I keep hearing things I don't like...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I keep hearing things I don't like...

Keleus
12.25.2011 , 11:33 AM | #1
Like how the Jedi Knight, especially the Guardian AC, is underpowered. From what I can tell, and it ain't much due to not having dps meters or anything, is that once you get a grasp on what you're doing, you can rock the house all night long, and I'm only lv26. Granted I've seen troopers maul the face of damn near everything, something tells me my class isn't nearly as underpowered as everyone who plays one wants to make it out to be.

Thoughts? Discuss.
ị█████{||}▓▓▓▓|Ξ|/██████████████████████████████████)

Sun-Runner
12.25.2011 , 11:42 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Keleus View Post
Like how the Jedi Knight, especially the Guardian AC, is underpowered. From what I can tell, and it ain't much due to not having dps meters or anything, is that once you get a grasp on what you're doing, you can rock the house all night long, and I'm only lv26. Granted I've seen troopers maul the face of damn near everything, something tells me my class isn't nearly as underpowered as everyone who plays one wants to make it out to be.

Thoughts? Discuss.
Play a Powertech to the same level as your Juggernaut. Then, play an Assassin to the same level. If you're a tank-spec Juggernaut, play a tank-spec Powertech and Assassin. If you're DPS-spec, play DPS-specs.

Contrast and compare your experiences.

Haasth
12.25.2011 , 12:00 PM | #3
My thoughts? People need to whine a little bit less when it comes to this. The game's just out, of course balance won't be perfect. And here's a heads up; It never will be.

That's simply the nature of MMOs, one class will shine and another will be significantly worse every now and then. That doesn't mean you should reroll and are immediatelly worthless - they will all still be viable in most situations and definitely are right now.

As for Guardians right now.. Not much I can say, they seem to do just fine from my experience watching other Guardians play. Just fine.

Oappo
12.25.2011 , 12:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
My thoughts? People need to whine a little bit less when it comes to this.
This.

Especially considering it'll take time for people to get skilled with their class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaden
Well it won't be a release date or anything like that. Probably some lame update about polishing rocks or cleaning windows for SWTOR. Maybe a cafeteria workers perspective on what serving lunch in the Bioware office is like.

Bgiffo
12.25.2011 , 12:41 PM | #5
The JK is a little harder to play. That's not to say that other classes are "ROFLfacerollnub" easy, they just have a wider margin of error in gameplay.