Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question Regarding Empire Vs. Republic Questing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question Regarding Empire Vs. Republic Questing

Amaann
12.25.2011 , 11:31 AM | #1
Just started playing the game at release, and I've got a level 21 Sith Marauder who I'm really enjoying. However, I'm not convinced as of yet which faction I am going to main eventually. So far, the quests on the Empire side have been incredibly engaging and thought provoking. My question is if the "good guy" aspect of the Republic gets in the way of more dramatic questing opportunities. Is leveling a Jedi more stuffy than leveling a Sith, regardless of alignment?

FsuGoNoles
12.25.2011 , 12:21 PM | #2
I have a Jedi at lvl 14 and a Bounty Hunter at lvl 15 and so far I have liked the Empire quests alot more.

Colyer
12.25.2011 , 12:23 PM | #3
I've played a Neutral Scoundrel and a LS Shadow to Taris. The Shadow had the more interesting storyline, I'd say, but I'm not especially fond of the dialogue or the male Consular voice actor. The Scoundrel had the less interesting storyline through Coruscant (though Ord Mantell was pretty solid) but the male Smuggler voice actor is all kinds of awesome.

Compared to the level 15 Inquisitor I played in beta, they're pretty even. I don't really feel a major lean toward either faction as far as quality goes (unlike that other MMO). I think it's going to come down to what each person likes for what faction they enjoy most.

That said, I've barely scratched the surface on this game.