Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Solo Ranked Tips from a Mediocrity

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Some Solo Ranked Tips from a Mediocrity

JourrnoRush
08.23.2015 , 12:43 PM | #1
Hi guys. Thought, I would chime in on how I have succeeded on my characters. This is what I do to ensure I have a good experience and remain successful/realistic of my goals in ranked. I'm in no way an amazing player, I'd say above average depending on which faction is carrying me

This is not considering class balance, that is a developer concern. Certain players are always going to be FOTM.

So lets begin:

1) Add everyone that does ranked, good or bad, to your friends list.

2) Add notes to people in your friends list, good, bad, terrible, win trader, bad internet connection, throws matches, etc.

3) Use the ranked leaderboard to see how players usually play. If you see 4 1600+ players online, chances are they will be on the same team based on how ELO works. Remember this also if someone is having an unlucky night

4) Utilizing your friends list, decide who you want to play with. If you see most of your friends list with bad internet connection, bad, and throws matches. Maybe hold off on ranked unless you want to have high blood pressure

5) Don't forget to add healer / tank to your notes if you can. There is nothing wrong with respeccing to heals if you think you can be a better healer than those in queue. Same thing with tanking spec classes.

6) Pay attention to your friends list, especially on smaller servers. If you see FOUR players all log off at the same time, there is a chance you will see an opposite faction premade coming your way. Its not illegal, its just how some players like to win in this game.

7) Set a limit. If you're hot, keep going. If you are winning every match no point stopping. Though, if you are losing set a limit. Mine is 3 in a row I'm done for a bit. Yeah of course you want to keep going, but you win more tokens by winning. You can try to grind out the tokens, but wouldn't it be better just to take a quick break and come back?

8) Don't be lazy and make an opposing faction character. Add all the top people from that faction from your server's leaderboard. This way you can see who is online compared to each faction and prepare either way for your matches.

Feel free to add to this as you see fit. Just trying to help and make this experience as best as possible for everyone!
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

Alec_Fortescue
08.23.2015 , 02:16 PM | #2
Well done, best solo rated guide so far.

Well, here's an important one...
If you are on a lower populated faction and see pvpers from your friends list going offline and then online in a matter of seconds quite often it's more than likely that they are abusing the system and you might end up having 2-3 players on your team, if you keep queuing on that side. I don't like interpunction.

JourrnoRush
08.27.2015 , 08:04 PM | #3
Shameless mediocre bump
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

Icykill_
08.27.2015 , 11:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Well done, best solo rated guide so far.

Well, here's an important one...
If you are on a lower populated faction and see pvpers from your friends list going offline and then online in a matter of seconds quite often it's more than likely that they are abusing the system and you might end up having 2-3 players on your team, if you keep queuing on that side. I don't like interpunction.
Haven't noticed the people going offline and then back on quickly... How does this abuse the system?
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

jedcjedcjedc
08.27.2015 , 11:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Haven't noticed the people going offline and then back on quickly... How does this abuse the system?
que dodging

DavidAtkinson
09.17.2017 , 12:36 PM | #6
I think this is useful even in 2017...

There are some cases when it really doesn't matter if you lose 10 in a row... or win 8 because your rating is so bad that you won't even reach 1100 ever again.

So your advice regarding stopping to que after 3 losses is recommended if you are still in hunt of a good rating bronze, silver or gold.

In case the player is 932.. 950 or something like that it really doesn't matter anymore as farming comms will be his only chance of getting the rewards at the end of the season.

merovejec
09.18.2017 , 03:10 AM | #7
Hmm very nice, didnt know there is such a thread!! Will start doing it.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

Totemdancer
09.18.2017 , 08:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JourrnoRush View Post
Hi guys. Thought, I would chime in on how I have succeeded on my characters. This is what I do to ensure I have a good experience and remain successful/realistic of my goals in ranked. I'm in no way an amazing player, I'd say above average depending on which faction is carrying me

This is not considering class balance, that is a developer concern. Certain players are always going to be FOTM.

So lets begin:

1) Add everyone that does ranked, good or bad, to your friends list.

2) Add notes to people in your friends list, good, bad, terrible, win trader, bad internet connection, throws matches, etc.

3) Use the ranked leaderboard to see how players usually play. If you see 4 1600+ players online, chances are they will be on the same team based on how ELO works. Remember this also if someone is having an unlucky night

4) Utilizing your friends list, decide who you want to play with. If you see most of your friends list with bad internet connection, bad, and throws matches. Maybe hold off on ranked unless you want to have high blood pressure

5) Don't forget to add healer / tank to your notes if you can. There is nothing wrong with respeccing to heals if you think you can be a better healer than those in queue. Same thing with tanking spec classes.

6) Pay attention to your friends list, especially on smaller servers. If you see FOUR players all log off at the same time, there is a chance you will see an opposite faction premade coming your way. Its not illegal, its just how some players like to win in this game.

7) Set a limit. If you're hot, keep going. If you are winning every match no point stopping. Though, if you are losing set a limit. Mine is 3 in a row I'm done for a bit. Yeah of course you want to keep going, but you win more tokens by winning. You can try to grind out the tokens, but wouldn't it be better just to take a quick break and come back?

8) Don't be lazy and make an opposing faction character. Add all the top people from that faction from your server's leaderboard. This way you can see who is online compared to each faction and prepare either way for your matches.

Feel free to add to this as you see fit. Just trying to help and make this experience as best as possible for everyone!
Thanks, that's some good advice. Where were you two years ago 😉

Foambreaker
09.19.2017 , 10:14 AM | #9
Good stuff, bump!

Going
09.19.2017 , 02:28 PM | #10
I would just add to the list, that there is 0 worth in playing any type of ranked format in this game competitively.
Rewards are trash, developer feedback is trash, balance is trash, mmr is trash. The system will be as it always has been, and will never change. Spare your mental health, and play pve, or....uninstall and invest time into a game where developers actually invest quality work, and update at a pace that doesn't go as slow as humans have to reach mars.
Deceiving Believing - Going - Medsrus

Godlovesugly - Netsrus -Usabuildsufos