I'M THE OUTLANDER...j/k, Help Save the PvP Servers

mkwerner

I thought everyone could use a break from the Outlander / KOTFE posts...but if not, carry on!

I've posted this in the server forums, but I thought maybe this movement could get more traction in General Discussion. There is a petition from folks on the US PvP servers who want clarification on their future AND to propose a merger. Disclaimer in regards to Jung Ma: I get that RP-PvP is not the same as pure PvP, but the idea is some sort of merger to help with the population issues.

Please support it if you like; if you don't, no worries. To each their own :)

Reddit Link ->

Petition Link -> http://www.savepvp.tk

Take care!

read my thread about pvp rewars..the title is "please increase pvp rewars in kotf"

what do you really think when there is massive difference between rewarding pve players and pvp playes...the game obviously going the pve way already...but good like with your petition.

I support another round of server merges. Combining all the US PvP servers into one is a possibility if you want to go that route. Though to be honest I don't see much point in having PvP servers anymore. If it were up to me I would combine all the West Coast servers to the Harbinger, combine Jedi Covenant and The Shadowlands (East), and combine POT5/Jung Ma/Ebon Hawk to one (East). But maybe that would be too much for their system to handle.

I support another round of server merges. Combining all the US PvP servers into one is a possibility if you want to go that route. Though to be honest I don't see much point in having PvP servers anymore. If it were up to me I would combine all the West Coast servers to the Harbinger, combine Jedi Covenant and The Shadowlands (East), and combine POT5/Jung Ma/Ebon Hawk to one (East). But maybe that would be too much for their system to handle.

Unfortunately, your proposal wouldn't work. Either the PvE ruleset gets screwed, or the PvP ruleset gets screwed. Personally, I rolled on an RP-PvP server to RP a Jedi at war with the Empire. I don't prefer to play on a hand holding server. I simply wouldn't play anymore, and I certainly wouldn't pay money for it either. The only option is to merge all of the pvp servers together. The PvE servers, and the RP server are fine, population wise.

Edited by Vekmar

Unfortunately, your proposal wouldn't work. Either the PvE ruleset gets screwed, or the PvP ruleset gets screwed. Personally, I rolled on an RP-PvP server to RP a Jedi at war with the Empire. I don't prefer to play on a hand holding server. I simply wouldn't play anymore, and I certainly wouldn't pay money for it either. The only option is to merge all of the pvp servers together. The PvE servers, and the RP server are fine, population wise.

there wont be empire or republic in fallen empire so do not worry about rp aspect of it..by the way when there is no faction how will pvp servers works?? is that make sense to attack another outlander who is basically on your side?? is it gonna be sort of guild vs guild sort of open world pvp??

there wont be empire or republic in fallen empire so do not worry about rp aspect of it..by the way when there is no faction how will pvp servers works?? is that make sense to attack another outlander who is basically on your side?? is it gonna be sort of guild vs guild sort of open world pvp??

I haven't seen anything regarding pvp, or even wpvp for kotfe. I would assume it would work the same as Age of Conan. No factions, pvp enabled for everyone on pvp servers. Basically a free for all.

Edited by Vekmar

I haven't seen anything regarding pvp, or even wpvp for kotfe. I would assume it would work the same as Age of Conan. No factions, pvp enabled for everyone.

Personally, I would not be against PvP enabled for everyone...however, that's not our point. I don't want to force anyone into a gameplay style that they're not comfortable with. We just want to merge PvP with PvP, and if the PvE folks want to stick to their servers, then so be it! They're not affecting my gameplay; what is affecting my gameplay is the lack of population. Put the 3 PvP servers together = instant influx of population.

All IMO - again, I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone. I (and the rest) just want it known that we're not happy how it currently stands.

If there are plans for the future, NOW IS THE TIME TO LET PEOPLE KNOW!

So glad it isn't up to you.