Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can anyone confirm rank 1 schematics (char level 5 & 7) are impossible to RE?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can anyone confirm rank 1 schematics (char level 5 & 7) are impossible to RE?

BenduKundalini
08.16.2015 , 05:19 PM | #1
So I've tried on all my crafters to RE crystals, hilts, armorings from level 7 you used to get when finishing starter planets (after putting them in legacy gear, equipping it, then taking out and RE'ing).

I just tried now with some level 5 armorings (think they came on T7).

As usual, no luck.
I think I read it was confirmed to be impossible but hey.

So my question goes this way - has anyone ever gotten schems lower than the first ones the trainer sells? (Rank 2 for chars level 9)

Thanks

psandak
08.16.2015 , 06:47 PM | #2
Any items from quests. comms vendors, or random drop while leveling have never been REable for schematics. That is one reason why the "grade" numbers are offset: only certain grades of equipment are craftable and therefore REable for schematics.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

MSchuyler
08.16.2015 , 07:20 PM | #3
When you press the RE button, hover over the item you intend to RE and read what it says there. It is either going to say that there's a 20% chance (or 10% sometimes) or it will say, "No information available." If it says the latter, you know it's not going to work.
In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience. -- Oscar Wilde

BenduKundalini
08.16.2015 , 09:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Any items from quests. comms vendors, or random drop while leveling have never been REable for schematics. That is one reason why the "grade" numbers are offset: only certain grades of equipment are craftable and therefore REable for schematics.
I remember you saying that in your guide/thread but the first thing I ever bought with basic comms was an offhand black market 162 saber. I RE'd its hilt the moment I could get my hands on the Czerka sword and send it to my artificer. Got the schematic.

Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
When you press the RE button, hover over the item you intend to RE and read what it says there. It is either going to say that there's a 20% chance (or 10% sometimes) or it will say, "No information available." If it says the latter, you know it's not going to work.
Some items will give you the "no information available" and still give you a schem... this is why I keep trying. I was under the impression this was the case for high level stuff though.

CheaterLL
08.17.2015 , 12:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
I remember you saying that in your guide/thread but the first thing I ever bought with basic comms was an offhand black market 162 saber. I RE'd its hilt the moment I could get my hands on the Czerka sword and send it to my artificer. Got the schematic.

Some items will give you the "no information available" and still give you a schem... this is why I keep trying. I was under the impression this was the case for high level stuff though.
Item modifications are the exception from the rule.

AFAIK there are extremely rare "xxx Augment 1" schematics.
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Tank/Sniper DPS/Sorcerer Heal

psandak
08.17.2015 , 08:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CheaterLL View Post
This.
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

BenduKundalini
08.17.2015 , 03:51 PM | #7

AFAIK there are extremely rare "xxx Augment 1" schematics.
I think I got one such schem, probably from a slicing mission. Didn't even craft one though. Have to check.

This.
Well you said "any" items from comms/vendors. Seeing that I mentioned hilts, crystals and armorings in my very first sentence I fail to see the relevance of such input...

And besides, traditionally level 7 moddings come from quest items - first orange weapon at end of starter planet. Level 7 stuff from fleet is recent, but no "luck" with either.

So my question remains - and I'll be specific about moddings: what of the earliest moddings you find in game?

psandak
08.17.2015 , 06:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
I think I got one such schem, probably from a slicing mission. Didn't even craft one though. Have to check.

Well you said "any" items from comms/vendors. Seeing that I mentioned hilts, crystals and armorings in my very first sentence I fail to see the relevance of such input...

And besides, traditionally level 7 moddings come from quest items - first orange weapon at end of starter planet. Level 7 stuff from fleet is recent, but no "luck" with either.

So my question remains - and I'll be specific about moddings: what of the earliest moddings you find in game?
You are right, and I am sorry. Let me be more clear:

You cannot RE the earliest item modifications in the game for schematics because they come from quest rewards. Quest reward, and random drop item modifications are NOT REable for schematics. In addition, go to any equipment or modifications vendors (formerly known as planetary comms vendors) that take basic comms for stuff and if you try to RE them they will not provide schematics (no research available).

Late game comms gear that have identical stat drops from operations tokens (i.e the 168 hilt you REed and got the schematic) are the exception to that rule because at one time or another the ONLY way to get those schematics was through RE. Allowing those items to be REable for schematics gives players who do not run operations a chance to get those schematics.

CheaterLL
08.17.2015 , 09:52 PM | #9
You are right, and I am sorry. Let me be more clear:

You cannot RE the earliest item modifications in the game for schematics because they come from quest rewards. Quest reward, and random drop item modifications are NOT REable for schematics. In addition, go to any equipment or modifications vendors (formerly known as planetary comms vendors) that take basic comms for stuff and if you try to RE them they will not provide schematics (no research available).

Late game comms gear that have identical stat drops from operations tokens (i.e the 168 hilt you REed and got the schematic) are the exception to that rule because at one time or another the ONLY way to get those schematics was through RE. Allowing those items to be REable for schematics gives players who do not run operations a chance to get those schematics.
Well to be precise:
148 (even rnd drops) can be re'd to 156 and both aren't operations grade.
Commendations gear doesn't have the same stats as token gear and therefore doesn't grant the same schematics.

Just say any drops and comms gear below level 50
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Tank/Sniper DPS/Sorcerer Heal

psandak
08.18.2015 , 11:30 AM | #10
Well to be precise:
148 (even rnd drops) can be re'd to 156 and both aren't operations grade.
Commendations gear doesn't have the same stats as token gear and therefore doesn't grant the same schematics.

Just say any drops and comms gear below level 50
148 and 156 were operations grade in 1.x