Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Luke really need to destroy the Hutts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Did Luke really need to destroy the Hutts?

Kaazy
12.25.2011 , 10:38 AM | #1
Just a thought that popped into my head. The thread further down debates about whether Luke force-choked a Hutt, but was Luke wrong to kill the Hutts especially Jabba. The Jedi way is peace and surely he could have escaped with minimal casualties. What do you guys think?

ThreeToedSloth
12.25.2011 , 10:40 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaazy View Post
Just a thought that popped into my head. The thread further down debates about whether Luke force-choked a Hutt, but was Luke wrong to kill the Hutts especially Jabba. The Jedi way is peace and surely he could have escaped with minimal casualties. What do you guys think?
Leia killed Jabba. +100 Dark Side
SWG refugee squatter

zirothehutt
12.25.2011 , 10:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeToedSloth View Post
argh beat me too it :P

Darth_Krushya
12.25.2011 , 10:50 AM | #4
Besides that, only ONE Hutt in particular died and that was Jabba. The remaining Hutts, those in his clan fought over his possessions and holdings. Luke did not destroy all the Hutts. Take care.
"You're not evil enough. Well, It's true! You're half evil. You're quasi evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie. Not evil enough."
Dr. Evil to his son Scott.

jarjarloves
12.25.2011 , 11:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeToedSloth View Post
Jabba did ummm sexually assault her so shes kind of even.

"in time you will learn to appreciate me" then Jaba has her in a slave girl outfit chained to his throne.

Wolfninjajedi
12.25.2011 , 03:09 PM | #6
Ahh Luke didn't need to destroy Jabba at all, he had several plans to get Han and each of them didn't work until he came along remember he said and I quote.

Luke: "Nevertheless I am taking Captain Solo and his friends, you can either profit by this or be destroyed. It's your choice but I warn you not to underestimate my powers."
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Zythaera
12.25.2011 , 03:41 PM | #7
Im pretty sure Luke told Han that he was bluffing about having other plans.
:: The Sovereign :: We, the harbingers of death, shall rise from the ashes and conquer all who oppose our reign.

Bobabounty
12.25.2011 , 03:41 PM | #8
Of course he did. If Jabba never died, Tatooine would be a worse-off place.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
4/22. After this date, the Off-Topic forum will no longer be available.
Bring the OT back!
SQUADRON 11-11-11

Wolfninjajedi
12.25.2011 , 03:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zythaera View Post
No he didn't. Luke didn't need any other plans when he arrived, because he knew that he was going to succeed where the others failed.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

psychogobstopper
12.25.2011 , 04:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaazy View Post
I believe that other thread was about Luke using Force Choke on the Gamorrean guards inside Jabba's Palace, not about Luke using Force Choke on a Hutt. In any event, the ultimate result of the rescue mission - Jabba's death - is a good thing. Jabba was, after all, a crime lord and slaver.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zythaera View Post
I recently re-watched ROTJ with a couple friends. Luke did not say any such thing.

Luke did have multiple plans. The first was negotiation - hence R2 and 3PO's entreaty. The second was Leia's rescue attempt. The third was to Force Persuade Jabba into allowing Han, Chewbacca, Leia, and the droids to leave with Luke. The fourth was to kill Jabba (one could say this was actually the fifth, and that the fourth was a second attempt at negotiation but I think that's unnecessary). In almost every case, Lando's presence there prior to even the droids was insurance; presumably he would've taken the droids with him if the first negotiation attempt had succeeded.

Of course, all of that careful planning would have been for naught if Mara Jade had actually managed to carry out her own plan and get onto the sail barge...