Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 500 Crew Skills?

CaptianFordo
08.12.2015 , 06:50 PM | #1
Has their been any confirmation through official channels or not if we are going to get higher level crew skills come this next expansion? Say to 600 for example, etc. I didn't see another thread about this subject matter, so I decided to make one.
Satele Shan
Jekk(70) Haythom(70) Terr'wynn(70) Thaddrix(70) Zuvro(70)

psandak
08.12.2015 , 07:28 PM | #2
Short answer: in the fifteen years I have played MMOs there has always been a crafting skill increase with a level cap increase.

Long answer: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=821471 Read the last four pages or so.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

CaptianFordo
08.13.2015 , 09:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Short answer: in the fifteen years I have played MMOs there has always been a crafting skill increase with a level cap increase.

Long answer: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=821471 Read the last four pages or so.
I was curious because all the high end crafted things on the GTN have plummeted in price/value. I figured as such, this was the case. Thanks!
Satele Shan
Jekk(70) Haythom(70) Terr'wynn(70) Thaddrix(70) Zuvro(70)

Overmind
08.19.2015 , 02:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post

You mean theres gonna be a level cap increase ?

psandak
08.19.2015 , 09:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
You mean theres gonna be a level cap increase ?
YA! announced long ago: with KotFE the new level cap will be 65.
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

MSchuyler
08.19.2015 , 10:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptianFordo View Post
I was curious because all the high end crafted things on the GTN have plummeted in price/value. I figured as such, this was the case. Thanks!
No, they haven't, least on my server. I'm amazed at prices for purple stuff.
In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience. -- Oscar Wilde

psandak
08.19.2015 , 10:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MSchuyler View Post
No, they haven't, least on my server. I'm amazed at prices for purple stuff.
On my server some items have dipped in value but not significantly worse than the normal low end (i.e. normal low end for item X is 40k item X now seen at 39k)

asbalana
08.19.2015 , 11:01 AM | #8
Has their been any confirmation through official channels or not if we are going to get higher level crew skills come this next expansion? Say to 600 for example, etc. I didn't see another thread about this subject matter, so I decided to make one.
Take a close look at the recipe on the bottom of this data mined article: https://torcommunity.com/database/up...afting-changes

It much adds to the confusion.

It is for a level 64 piece of armor. On top it shows crafting levels 500, 515, 530, and 545 whick would make one think that crafting will go from 500 to 550. On the bottom it shows requires Armormech 500 which would imply that the crafting skills will not increase. That seems to be a contradiction.

The datamined piece also says "With 4.0 there are currently no new crew skill-acquired crafting materials.". That is aside form Exotic Drops from HM Flashpoints. If no new crafting mateials, how can the gathering and or mission shills advance from 500?

It is not clear how much credibility can be give to supposed datamined information. So at this point everything is up in the air.

Maybe Crafting will be like the Congressional vote on Obamacare, you have to do it post expansion to find out what is in it.

NUTMANIAC
08.19.2015 , 03:21 PM | #9
Probably will increase to 550 ...
Also gathering for mats on yavin 4 for endgame 500 you don't need to be 500 ...You need to be 451 I think.Will probably work the same way in KotFE

Overmind
08.20.2015 , 01:14 AM | #10
Yes, it appears it's an increase above 500, probably to 550 judging by the screenshots with the new sub-components.