Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

500 Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, and Slicing, which missions should I actually run?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
500 Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, and Slicing, which missions should I actually run?

Fappa
08.10.2015 , 02:05 PM | #1
So I got these 3 things up to 500. I was wondering, should I only run the orange missions at this point? I'm not using these crew skills to feed any crafting...these are purely to get items to put up on the GTN and make credits. Running the missions is expensive and I find sometimes it's a net loss. For slicing, obviously the real money is from slicing crates on Yavin 4, so I guess my question is more about Diplo and Treasure Hunting. I have Vette, so she gets her +5 crit.

Also is it ever worth buying one of those special mission discoveries off of the GTN and running that mission? So many people put them up on the GTN so they can get pretty cheap.

psandak
08.10.2015 , 02:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Fappa View Post
So I got these 3 things up to 500. I was wondering, should I only run the orange missions at this point? I'm not using these crew skills to feed any crafting...these are purely to get items to put up on the GTN and make credits. Running the missions is expensive and I find sometimes it's a net loss. For slicing, obviously the real money is from slicing crates on Yavin 4, so I guess my question is more about Diplo and Treasure Hunting. I have Vette, so she gets her +5 crit.

Also is it ever worth buying one of those special mission discoveries off of the GTN and running that mission? So many people put them up on the GTN so they can get pretty cheap.
First of all the Orange Missions have a lower chance to crit so think long and hard about running Orange difficulty missions because you want to crit. (Orange difficulty are base 10% chance to crit, yellow, green, and gray are base 15%). That being said, IIRC there are no orange difficulty missions at skill 500 in those skills save the rich lockbox mission in slicing. THAT mission is worth running because it is profitable even without critting (costs about 4k to run and generates 6k to 10k)

My advice - since all servers are different - is to check your GTN for value on the purple materials generated from Dip and TH. Last I checked on my server they were within a couple thousand credits of each other at about 22k each, but that may have changed and may be very different on your server.

However, we are now two months from an expansion and level cap increase so chances are materials' sales are starting to slow down.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Fappa
08.10.2015 , 03:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
First of all the Orange Missions have a lower chance to crit so think long and hard about running Orange difficulty missions because you want to crit. (Orange difficulty are base 10% chance to crit, yellow, green, and gray are base 15%). That being said, IIRC there are no orange difficulty missions at skill 500 in those skills save the rich lockbox mission in slicing. THAT mission is worth running because it is profitable even without critting (costs about 4k to run and generates 6k to 10k)

My advice - since all servers are different - is to check your GTN for value on the purple materials generated from Dip and TH. Last I checked on my server they were within a couple thousand credits of each other at about 22k each, but that may have changed and may be very different on your server.

However, we are now two months from an expansion and level cap increase so chances are materials' sales are starting to slow down.
Thanks for the response as always psandak!

Puremess
08.10.2015 , 10:51 PM | #4
I would run Slicing rich/boundiful tech parts missions (the purples goes for 29-35k each on my server) Also the rich Lockbox mission.

On treasure hunting its worth running rich/boundiful gemstone missions.
Click my Referral link you get free ingame goodies, free server transfer and 7 days subscription