Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Artifice] REing mob-droppedd/reward lightsabers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] REing mob-droppedd/reward lightsabers

Hiddenlightsaber's Avatar


Hiddenlightsaber
08.08.2015 , 07:23 AM | #1
This topic's been on my mind for the past few days and I've checked everywhere on the internet but to no avail.
I am a 217 lvl artificer (still working on it) with both the custom-built single and double bladed lightsabers. However, when I go on the GTN to find new lightsaber schematics, I only see Elegant Modified Single/Double bladed lightsabers and Midlithe single/double bladed lightsabers, both which require artifice of 400 or more. I have extra lightsabers from drops/story and when I hover over some with RE enabled, some say I can actually RE them.

My question is: Since some lightsabers drop from elite/champion enemies and as rewards for missions, would it be possible to RE those lightsabers for their schematics or do more lightsaber schematics drop from crew missions? Any help will be appreciated!

psandak's Avatar


psandak
08.08.2015 , 08:00 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hiddenlightsaber View Post
This topic's been on my mind for the past few days and I've checked everywhere on the internet but to no avail.
I am a 217 lvl artificer (still working on it) with both the custom-built single and double bladed lightsabers. However, when I go on the GTN to find new lightsaber schematics, I only see Elegant Modified Single/Double bladed lightsabers and Midlithe single/double bladed lightsabers, both which require artifice of 400 or more. I have extra lightsabers from drops/story and when I hover over some with RE enabled, some say I can actually RE them.

My question is: Since some lightsabers drop from elite/champion enemies and as rewards for missions, would it be possible to RE those lightsabers for their schematics or do more lightsaber schematics drop from crew missions? Any help will be appreciated!
The short answer is no on both counts: no RE for schematics on what are random drops from mobs, and there are no additional schematics from crew skill missions.

I have never known a random drop anything to be REable for schematics. REable for schematics gear - like lightsabers - are limited to operations token gear (see link in my sig: "30+ schems" for details).

If you are looking to craft a new lightsaber to get the look you want, you are probably out of luck. However, there are a LOT of custom lightsabers available on the GTN. These come from two sources:

#1 players get a random Bind on Equip (BoE) drop and don't want/need it and so they try to sell it.
#2 players purchase Carket Market (CM) packs and get a random lightsaber they do not want/need and try to sell it.

And most of them are not expensive: 10,000 credits
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Hiddenlightsaber's Avatar


Hiddenlightsaber
08.08.2015 , 08:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
The short answer is no on both counts: no RE for schematics on what are random drops from mobs, and there are no additional schematics from crew skill missions.

I have never known a random drop anything to be REable for schematics. REable for schematics gear - like lightsabers - are limited to operations token gear (see link in my sig: "30+ schems" for details).

If you are looking to craft a new lightsaber to get the look you want, you are probably out of luck. However, there are a LOT of custom lightsabers available on the GTN. These come from two sources:

#1 players get a random Bind on Equip (BoE) drop and don't want/need it and so they try to sell it.
#2 players purchase Carket Market (CM) packs and get a random lightsaber they do not want/need and try to sell it.

And most of them are not expensive: 10,000 credits
Oh ok, yeah I just saw my old lightsabers needed artfice of like 250 so I thought they were RE-able thank you for the information psandak!

psandak's Avatar


psandak
08.08.2015 , 09:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hiddenlightsaber View Post
Oh ok, yeah I just saw my old lightsabers needed artfice of like 250 so I thought they were RE-able thank you for the information psandak!
They are REable for materials, but not schematics
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date