Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Long Forgotten Evil

Temeluchus
03.04.2012 , 02:17 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmybob View Post
As a sorcerer, I'm finding this IMPOSSIBLE.

This fight DESPERATELY needs a tweak.

I completely skipped this guy. Flat out have not finished the planet yet. I completed the Voss BONUS quest and have started Corellia before beating this guy. How messed up is that, Bioware? How messed up is that?
As a sorc, this fight should be incredibly easy for you. I soloed him at 46 on my sorc,47 on my Mara,46 on my PT and needed some help on my IA heals.

Sorcs have so many interrupts this fight should be no problem for you,especially as Madness but Lightning is easy too.

For the classes with fewer interrupts, you need to prioritize which of his abilities you should be using your interrupts on. If you didn't interrupt his Lightning storm, make sure to put your companion on passive and run out of the AOE. When he is finished, put companion back on attack and wade back in. Don't forget abilities like Call on the Force and this fight should be a lot easier.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

dttx
03.24.2012 , 05:48 PM | #32
I tried this several times on my healer agent and failed, found the posts about LoS and easily beat him. just use the LoS of the pillars to supplement your interrupts and you'll be fine

Captain_Zone
03.24.2012 , 06:09 PM | #33
I figured out why he's insanely difficult, finally. It seems that a lot of NPC bosses, that were balanced for pre-nerf player classes during beta were never re-balanced after the nerfs. LT Marcovic was another one, during the JK mission on Ord Mantell. Same with Vessex Ulgo, Darth Angral, etc. Basically, if you run into one of the "sheer luck" bosses, it's because BioWare didn't do their due dilligence when it came to that. Yes, ol' Sel IS beatable as long as you have a mobile class that doesn't rely on sitting in one spot. Snipers absolutely have to bring a friend. Oh, and if he uses his multi-target Force Choke on you and your companion, be ready for him to use his nuke right afterward.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Z-ToXiN
03.25.2012 , 02:11 AM | #34
I found this fight insanely hard as a level 49 Assassin - at first. I died about 8 times last night, using both Ashara and Andrikos but it could have something to do with the fact that it was after 3AM and I was dead tired.

Today, I tried it with Khem Val and defeated him on the first try without too much difficulty. Maybe I was tired the first time after all. Definitely the hardest boss fight Ive ran into so far though.

Anyway, it's important to interrupt at the right moments, and even then its hard as he uses hard hitting attacks faster than your CD's finish. I guess you just have to find the right pattern; it might take a few tries (or more) to get it but its certainly possible. I guess I should welcome the occasional challenge, even if it was unintentional on BW's part.
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // <CLiCKERS>

okijedi
04.22.2012 , 07:24 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by manpepper View Post
If you just use the LOS trick around the pillars right next to the stairs (that's the entrance to the platform he's standing on) you can kill him with literally no dmg done to you. I'm a powertech bounty hunter and I just LOSed him around one pillar while just doing dmg when he wasn't casting anything, and when he puts down his aoe, just run to the other pillar, just as long as you prioritize LOSing his casts before you do dmg, you should be able to drop him pretty easily. Oh, and keep by using your basic attack or something since you don't really want him killing your companion. I used the healing one to keep my health topped off if I ever got hit with something random.
It is a very good strategy thank you! Worked like a charm Even after he killed my comp I managed to bring him down easily.
Vitium - LVL50 Scoundrel
Okijedi - LVL50 Sentinel
Unclesith - LVL46 Assassin
Kamuflage - LVL40 Operative

Karkais
04.22.2012 , 03:46 PM | #36
I went thru this mission again with my powertech tank, and to my slight surprise he also manhandled my tank relatively easily.

I found however a key for beating him: Just keep moving, since most of his attacks are targeted aoes. It was surprisingly easy once you wont get caught in thunderous blast/force storm targeting reticules.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Darth_Solrac
04.23.2012 , 11:53 AM | #37
I gotta SW buddy to help. Teamwork FTW.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Ryu_Wanderfalke
04.25.2012 , 04:51 AM | #38
Also had huge problems with my (1st character, so yes, I'm still some kind of a nub to the game ) Marauder @lvl45&carnage tree&Jaesa DPS.
Except for Choke, I never paid any real attention to the interrupts, as they were just not necessary up to this point. But thanks to this thread I now appreciate them a lot more.
Without Disruption, Smash and Roar he frankly put, made me his b*tch, but WITH the use of those interrupts plus Choke, "I didn't even breake a sweat" to quote the Sith warrior.
So thanks to those in this thread pointing out the interrupts. The rest that was mentioned like companions etc. really is not so much worth noting.

alricka
04.25.2012 , 10:11 AM | #39
I had trouble with him, until I figured out that the key is using my interrupts. Still, I had to ask for help a random dude on my server just to be sure. We managed to beat him, but he was one of the toughest bosses I've dealt with. He's actually more dangerous than the possesed Voice later on.

Captain_Zone
04.25.2012 , 06:56 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by alricka View Post
I had trouble with him, until I figured out that the key is using my interrupts. Still, I had to ask for help a random dude on my server just to be sure. We managed to beat him, but he was one of the toughest bosses I've dealt with. He's actually more dangerous than the possesed Voice later on.
That's because he's still balanced for tougher player classes. BioWare is a great development group, but they DO need a bit more consistency with their boss mobs in the game. Some Elites are so easy, I can hit 3 buttons and beat them without issue. Others are so hard that I move around like mad, kite them like a b****, and they still almost beat me. And sometimes, like with Sel, we have to use.... ahem... creative tactics. Even then, each Elite has usually 3 AI scripts that run during fights. I call them "Easy", "Medium", and "OMG YOU ******* LIAR!!!!" which is what I was shouting at Sel after the first five times he bent me over in record time. Much to the annoyance of my lady.

Now, I must also retract what I said earlier about the Sniper needing to bring a friend. I actually used ALL my Interrupts on him and got right up on him to deal out some melee knife attacks. He's definitely weak against kinetic damage. Also, I moved around a lot, used my Balistic Dampeners every time I hit F to crouch in place, and was able to turn the tables on him. Man, I STILL HATED that fight, even though I won this time. If you aren't perfect on interrupts and controlling him as much as possible, he WILL take advantage of any opening you give him and bend you over for some rough stuff. Not fun. And seriously, that multi-target choke has GOT TO GO!
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"