Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Long Forgotten Evil

WhoDaresWins
01.12.2012 , 08:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Artein View Post
Tried it as Sniper at 47, unbeatable. Went to Corellia, leveled up a bit. Came back at 49, still unbeatable. Found a friend.
This was the only soloable enemy that I couldn't beat solo.
Pretty much the same for me. The funny this is, with two people he goes down like a wet paper bag.

Voss was a stupidly hard planet to solo on though.
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"

manpepper
01.19.2012 , 07:12 PM | #12
If you just use the LOS trick around the pillars right next to the stairs (that's the entrance to the platform he's standing on) you can kill him with literally no dmg done to you. I'm a powertech bounty hunter and I just LOSed him around one pillar while just doing dmg when he wasn't casting anything, and when he puts down his aoe, just run to the other pillar, just as long as you prioritize LOSing his casts before you do dmg, you should be able to drop him pretty easily. Oh, and keep by using your basic attack or something since you don't really want him killing your companion. I used the healing one to keep my health topped off if I ever got hit with something random.

manpepper
01.19.2012 , 07:33 PM | #13
If you just use the LOS trick around the pillars right next to the stairs (that's the entrance to the platform he's standing on) you can kill him with literally no dmg done to you. I'm a powertech bounty hunter and I just LOSed him around one pillar while just doing dmg when he wasn't casting anything, and when he puts down his aoe, just run to the other pillar, just as long as you prioritize LOSing his casts before you do dmg, you should be able to drop him pretty easily. Oh, and keep by using your basic attack or something since you don't really want him killing your companion. I used the healing one to keep my health topped off if I ever got hit with something random.

Tamyn
01.20.2012 , 05:12 AM | #14
I finally got a level 49 Juggernaut to help me. And the avatar did indeed go "down like a wet paper bag" with a second person.

VGrammer
01.22.2012 , 06:11 PM | #15
I actually completed it without the use of pillars as a Medic-specced Operative...just kited and used ranged attacks. I'd stun him and heal up every so often, but as long as you stay on the run you'll outlast him. My companion died pretty early on due to his AoE attack, but I managed decently on my own.

Granted, I think LoS'ing with the pillars will save you some grief if you don't have many heals, but this quest is do-able solo.

kyoseki
01.23.2012 , 01:58 AM | #16
They really need to rebalance this fight, you shouldn't have to resort to what is basically an exploit (hiding behind pillars from a target too stupid to understand what you're doing) in order to complete the battle.

This guy is so far above the ability curve for just about everyone it's pretty ridiculous and it's coupled with the fact that he's not a HEROIC so it's not a shareable quest and so it's difficult to get someone to help you.

At the very least, his stun shouldn't take out both you and your companion, that's honestly been the toughest part of this fight - why does my stun have a 90s cooldown but he can use his every 30s AND have it hit two targets, one standing next to him and another standing 30m away?

Even with my Heroic ability activated, I still never stood a chance, only got him down to about 20% at best and couldn't get any help from anyone else in the zone to take him down.

havok_bloodcraft
01.25.2012 , 03:05 AM | #17
Just died a lot on this quest and also could not get help tried LoS but he can apparently force choke you without los and then drop aoe while you're cc'd. lv 47 vengeance jugg+ 67 people on voss= nobody even responded to my pleas for help just acted like they never saw them. so gonna have to go with this quest is fight club.

Edit completed it with los with quinn and hit and run tactics when he would get close hit with sunder and run then when had rage used impale and scream and ran took a while and quinn died.

Artein
01.25.2012 , 04:26 AM | #18
Yesterday I finished a Republic version of this quest with my Guardian level 46 (+ Doc). Piece of cake.
War is simply the galaxy's hygiene.

Gelious
01.26.2012 , 08:24 AM | #19
Okey, this is probably going to sound extremely stupid, but still.. what is LOS?

P.S. I beat him with a help of an Inq. And it was the only solo quest in the whole game that I had to do in group.
"No, they will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa, SWTOR
Gelious, Sith Marauder 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;
Xatras, Jedi Guardian 50 lvl - Red Eclipse;

-NovalGaraint-
01.27.2012 , 01:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
I am Marauder near 49 lvl and using Malavar. I cant beat him, wasted like 60k on repairs already.
This is seriously the saddest thing ive ever heard.......

First off, this fight is 110% about INTERUPTING.......not your cooldowns, INTERUPTING..

Ive solo'd this fight on my Sith Assassin and Juggernaut

Its not about having "your bestest companionzorrz!"

Seriously, if you cant beat him, ignore all the fail above...

Find your interupt skills / short term CC's / etc

For juggernaut it i start like this;

Hit him, he starts to cast, Force Push....saber throw, scream OH hes casting, charge, interupted, ravage him, hes casting again!!! force choke, more slashing and hacking, at this point im at about 80% and hes around 30%....

OH KNOES! more casting! Disruption! (notice this is the FIRST time ive used my actual DISRUPT.........hes now around 20-15% by now, lotsa screaming, crushing blow, smash, etc, OH NO HES MAKING A LAST DITCH TO CAST SOME BADDIE STUFF !!!

BACKhanded like a little girl, ravage him, good night, thanks for coming (throughout this fight as a lvl 45 Juggernaut using JAESA (not healing companion) i never even used one of my defensive cooldowns, so to the newb saying its about cooldowns and companions, go L2Play

Id do a run down for the assassin really quick but id have to change chars to remember the proper names for the skills, but this fight really is candy from a baby easy.....

GO LEARN YOUR INTERUPT ABILITIES!!!!!