Several PVP gear questions

AchillesStark

Regarding set bonuses, is the set bonus based on having the shell or having the main mod (i.e. armoring/hilt/barrel)? Ive noticed that some people have set bonuses while wearing random gear that isnt from the set. This convinces me that the main mod is what determines the set bonus.

On the other hand, does that mean I cant replace the mods with PVE mods to use in PVE settings while also getting the set bonus? The set bonus for jedi guardians is a must have for the rotation but the PVE version requires running ops which i hate. I want to buy a second set of PVP gear, replace the mods with PVE mods with much higher PVE stats and still get the set bonus. Some in this forum have said this is possible but that would mean that the set bonuses come with the shell not the main mod.

Which is it, or is it both?

Finally, is it even worth it to get DR gear now that KOTFE is about to come out and we will have to grind for gear again when the level cap hits 65? I dont know what happened in the past but im pretty sure that would make the current gear obsolete.

The set bonuses are attached to the armorings. The shells have nothing to do with the set bonus. I would suggest if you play a lot of pvp, go ahead and get the DR gear since they lowered the price it shouldn't be that much of a grind for a full set if you are pretty active.

Set bonus is attached to just the armouring. Where it goes, the set bonus goes.

Mods and Enhancements dont affect whether the set bonus applies or not, and you can interchange them as you please. Just dont put PvE mods or enhancements into gear you wear in PvP. If there is already expertise on that piece (with the pvp armouring) it wont bolster it at all and youll be significantly weaker than everyone else.

If you want to get the set bonus from PvP gear and use it in PvE with PvE mods and enhancements, thats probably fine. Sort of. Some of the 4 peice bonuses can be pretty decent. But youll be losing out on a decent amount of main stat and endurance.

A better option would be to go and do older operations SnV, TFB, the Dread Ops. Those are braindead easy to complete even on NiM Mode (relatively) and the set bonuses they provide are much more significant.

As far as getting Dark Reaver, its so cheap now you might as well.

Edited by Dras_Keto