@Aelanis, The results of High Endurance, Power/Surge Tank gear.

Jinre_the_Jedi

This is interesting. I may have to try a similar build. Any more details on gear choices?

You can find more details in this thread.

Anyway, I figured it would at least not be horrible. I am a little curious as to how exactly you beat your teammates in damage, but I guess it's not entirely out of the ordinary.

I would like to see some matches against el/in damage or AoE. ST tank opponent or Hatred assin, sorc.

Hey, I have some screenshots of those too, I'll just need to find them. The match was against 2 sorcs (Hatred), 1 pt tank and 1 sorc healer. I did 1.4k DPS and doubled the enemy tanks protection. The sorcs realized that I was in dps gear and tunneled me and I ended up taking about 800k damage or so and at times it was a struggle, but that's where skill kicks in and you just have to LoS them to mitigate damage.

I've found that with this build it works EXTREMELY well with tank/heal/dps ranked matches because you have enough damage on your own to completely obliterate any unguarded target. You can essentially have your dps focus 1 target while you as a tank focus another entirely. The damage you do is freaking insane and forces their tank to swap to your target to guard them, but when he does that, your dps can just destroy whichever target they are on.

I've also found that the loss in tank stats is literally unnoticeable. While you lose a hefty chunk of defense/shield/absorb, you still have enough to shield frequently, defend various white attacks and still pump out amazing damage. Not only that, but your HP is only 2k lower than if you were fully min/maxed Dark Reaver in tank gear, so the damage boost more than greatly makes up for it. Not to mention that the best form of mitigation is LoS, so when you run this gear set you will have to be MUCH more aware of where you're standing and who is or isn't focusing you.

In tank/3dps matches, I've found this build to work even better since you essentially now have a tank and 4 dps on your team. In many matches last night, not only did I outprotect the enemy tank, as well as took more damage than the enemy tank, but I also out damaged both my dps as well as the enemy dps. This is easily achievable because you can literally neuter the enemy dps's damage by taunting them off cooldown as well as keeping them controlled and on the defensive with your vast array of cc/slows and pure pressure from damage.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this build. It requires more kiting and LoS'ing so that you take the least damage possible from range classes, but the damage it offers is just too great. I'm honestly expecting this to get nerfed soon, but *fingers crossed* let's hope not.

Oh by the way, Depredating volts on the move is simply ridiculous with this build. I can effectively chase down enemy dps who try to kite out of range of it and when I use it with recklessness I can chase people down up to 30m range and each tick of DV deals 5-6k damage giving you a total of 20-24k damage in one ability, it's simply ridiculous.

You can find more details in this thread.

Anyway, I figured it would at least not be horrible. I am a little curious as to how exactly you beat your teammates in damage, but I guess it's not entirely out of the ordinary.

I'm curious as well, however, I can say that there were matches last night where I pulled a whopping 1.7k and 1.8k dps which I have never seen before in my life on a tank in PvP. This build is extremely strong and as I mentioned in a previous post, you can cover your lost mitigation by LoS'ing ranged classes and controlling them on cooldown with spike/electrocute/whirlwind.

The enemy tank literally cannot keep up with your damage either since the match effectively goes from tank/heal/2dps to tank/heal/3dps because you put out so much damage that the enemy tank literally has to guard the person that you're attacking because of the insane pressure you're putting out. Like I said in the previous post, whenever the enemy tank would guard a dps that one of my dps were attacking, I would recklessness> DV their healer and literally do 24k damage in the span of the 3 sec channel of the abiilty, all while having the luxury of being able to interupt their heals with spike/interupt, etc, forcing a guard swap to the enemy healer and allowing my 2 dps to melt their target.

Even my my buffed Depredating Volts was still critting for 4k-4.5k per tick with recklessness and no stacks from shock/wither, which I would only do if I saw the enemy about to drop but was out of range for my 10m abilities, so the damage is still amazing there too. This will probably get nerfed within the next couple patches imo. With Ranked gear costs being so cheap, literally anyone can buy this build and pull this off and pull amazing dps numbers in Ranked matches.

Hey, I have some screenshots of those too, I'll just need to find them. The match was against 2 sorcs (Hatred), 1 pt tank and 1 sorc healer. I did 1.4k DPS and doubled the enemy tanks protection. The sorcs realized that I was in dps gear and tunneled me and I ended up taking about 800k damage or so and at times it was a struggle, but that's where skill kicks in and you just have to LoS them to mitigate damage.

I've found that with this build it works EXTREMELY well with tank/heal/dps ranked matches because you have enough damage on your own to completely obliterate any unguarded target. You can essentially have your dps focus 1 target while you as a tank focus another entirely. The damage you do is freaking insane and forces their tank to swap to your target to guard them, but when he does that, your dps can just destroy whichever target they are on.

I've also found that the loss in tank stats is literally unnoticeable. While you lose a hefty chunk of defense/shield/absorb, you still have enough to shield frequently, defend various white attacks and still pump out amazing damage. Not only that, but your HP is only 2k lower than if you were fully min/maxed Dark Reaver in tank gear, so the damage boost more than greatly makes up for it. Not to mention that the best form of mitigation is LoS, so when you run this gear set you will have to be MUCH more aware of where you're standing and who is or isn't focusing you.

In tank/3dps matches, I've found this build to work even better since you essentially now have a tank and 4 dps on your team. In many matches last night, not only did I outprotect the enemy tank, as well as took more damage than the enemy tank, but I also out damaged both my dps as well as the enemy dps. This is easily achievable because you can literally neuter the enemy dps's damage by taunting them off cooldown as well as keeping them controlled and on the defensive with your vast array of cc/slows and pure pressure from damage.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this build. It requires more kiting and LoS'ing so that you take the least damage possible from range classes, but the damage it offers is just too great. I'm honestly expecting this to get nerfed soon, but *fingers crossed* let's hope not.

Oh by the way, Depredating volts on the move is simply ridiculous with this build. I can effectively chase down enemy dps who try to kite out of range of it and when I use it with recklessness I can chase people down up to 30m range and each tick of DV deals 5-6k damage giving you a total of 20-24k damage in one ability, it's simply ridiculous.

I agree with you but with an ST tank build :) Using this kind of build with over 50k HP.

BUT ST has strong Dcds and DR.

It is an educated guess, but I think that your success is based more on skill than build's stats against AoE, dots, i/e.

I have tried the build and mb I ll try it again, but against good dot cleaving or AoE pressure is a bit inefficient.

Edited by Aetideus

I'm curious as well, however, I can say that there were matches last night where I pulled a whopping 1.7k and 1.8k dps which I have never seen before in my life on a tank in PvP. This build is extremely strong and as I mentioned in a previous post, you can cover your lost mitigation by LoS'ing ranged classes and controlling them on cooldown with spike/electrocute/whirlwind.

The enemy tank literally cannot keep up with your damage either since the match effectively goes from tank/heal/2dps to tank/heal/3dps because you put out so much damage that the enemy tank literally has to guard the person that you're attacking because of the insane pressure you're putting out. Like I said in the previous post, whenever the enemy tank would guard a dps that one of my dps were attacking, I would recklessness> DV their healer and literally do 24k damage in the span of the 3 sec channel of the abiilty, all while having the luxury of being able to interupt their heals with spike/interupt, etc, forcing a guard swap to the enemy healer and allowing my 2 dps to melt their target.

Even my my buffed Depredating Volts was still critting for 4k-4.5k per tick with recklessness and no stacks from shock/wither, which I would only do if I saw the enemy about to drop but was out of range for my 10m abilities, so the damage is still amazing there too. This will probably get nerfed within the next couple patches imo. With Ranked gear costs being so cheap, literally anyone can buy this build and pull this off and pull amazing dps numbers in Ranked matches.

Agreed again it should be nerfed. I had a discussion with Aelanis some time before about DV on the move and the ridiculous dmg.

As an ST tank if an Assin tank is opponent I keep AoE on it always.

Edited by Aetideus

I agree with you but with an ST tank build :) Using this kind of build with over 50k HP.

BUT ST has strong Dcds and DR.

It is an educated guess, but I think that your success is based more on skill than build's stats against AoE, dots, i/e.

I have tried the build and mb I ll try it again, but against good dot cleaving or AoE pressure is a bit inefficient.

I don't have a PT tank geared for PvP but if I did, I would assume this build would do WAY more damage due to the large sum of AoE PTs put out

I don't have a PT tank geared for PvP but if I did, I would assume this build would do WAY more damage due to the large sum of AoE PTs put out

This. The cleave on Firestorm is ridiculous. It's the hardest hitting tank ability in the game, and it's a massive conal attack.

What gear are you using for the left side (i.e implants, relics)? Sounds like an interesting build, glad it sort of works out for Sins as well as it does for Juggs and PT. I'm thinking this will be the go to for all tanks, at least for solo ranked.

What gear are you using for the left side (i.e implants, relics)? Sounds like an interesting build, glad it sort of works out for Sins as well as it does for Juggs and PT. I'm thinking this will be the go to for all tanks, at least for solo ranked.

I updated everything in my guide in the Tank Gearing up section with every implant/earpiece as well as mods and enhancements.

I am currently debating whether to use alacrity or not though. It does in fact lower the CDs of my defensive ability like Overcharge Saber/Battle Readiness, but I don't think the difference is enough to matter.

This. The cleave on Firestorm is ridiculous. It's the hardest hitting tank ability in the game, and it's a massive conal attack.

I did a couple team ranked matches last night. I think by far, Shadow tank in this high endurance dps gear is the best tank for Hard swaps where you cc the healer/tank and burst down a dps. The combined single target damage of a fully charged Cascading Debris in this gear in conjunction with the burst of 2 dps on your team was more than enough to melt the enemy team's DpS in 1 hard stun rotation.

For cleave teams though, PT in this gear would be superior.

I did a couple team ranked matches last night. I think by far, Shadow tank in this high endurance dps gear is the best tank for Hard swaps where you cc the healer/tank and burst down a dps. The combined single target damage of a fully charged Cascading Debris in this gear in conjunction with the burst of 2 dps on your team was more than enough to melt the enemy team's DpS in 1 hard stun rotation.

For cleave teams though, PT in this gear would be superior.

The tactics are clear. Just commenting that if a Shadow Tank brings dps gear in arena, would be targeted. Won't be able to DV uninterrupted. Against certain specs oc.

Using 50% dps gear on ST tank having the same results as Assin dps tank. But is more guaranteed.

Edited by Aetideus

The tactics are clear. Just commenting that if a Shadow Tank brings dps gear in arena, would be targeted. Won't be able to DV uninterrupted. Against certain specs oc.

Using 50% dps gear on ST tank having the same results as Assin dps tank. But is more guaranteed.

I'll be honest, there have been quite a few games where I was tank tunneled. But in all honesty, I didn't really take that much more damage than I did in full tank gear since mitigation stats already suck pretty bad in PvP. I have yet to have a game where I actually end up dying due to a tank tunnel and even further, I haven't had a game where I've lost when the enemy team tank tunnels.

And as a PT, they are a lot more sturdy than Sin tanks passively, so tunneling a PT tank would probably be even less rewarding and a bigger waste of time. Unless the enemy team is like 3 madness sorcs, in which case, GG as a pt tank :p

Nice numbers but the heals in that WZ say it all those numbers are only possible with 2 pocket healers ,healing in the millions now go down to tattoine and fight wpvp against equally geared tanks and for that matter any class you will be fine for a few minutes but your force will tap out and marauders juggs pt and even healers will own they just need to get through your initial attack and def rotations why do you ask? Bubbles and self heals(which we had) which all classes have one or both....a tank LOS' ing is just plain sad and not an ability. ..that you even have too LOS says it all. Wpvp will make you change your mind quick. You are the only tank that needs pocket heals to get life back in a 1v1 scenario doesnt sound great to me. Ridiculous I cant even log on right now because of the inequity .

Nice numbers but the heals in that WZ say it all those numbers are only possible with 2 pocket healers ,healing in the millions now go down to tattoine and fight wpvp against equally geared tanks and for that matter any class you will be fine for a few minutes but your force will tap out and marauders juggs pt and even healers will own they just need to get through your initial attack and def rotations why do you ask? Bubbles and self heals(which we had) which all classes have one or both....a tank LOS' ing is just plain sad and not an ability. ..that you even have too LOS says it all. Wpvp will make you change your mind quick. You are the only tank that needs pocket heals to get life back in a 1v1 scenario doesnt sound great to me. Ridiculous I cant even log on right now because of the inequity .

Tanks LoS'ing is not sad, if you can effectively LoS a ranged class who is tank tunneling you while controlling the flow of the battle then you are a good tank.

A bad tank is someone who just stands there and isn't reactive to anything at all, they just sit and face tank everything. Also, why are you bringing up Open world pvp when that's not end game pvp? Ranked is endgame, not open world and what's this nonesense about pocket heals and 1v1s? This thread is about the success of a tank in ranked, not something as insignificant as Open world pvp.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

Tanks LoS'ing is not sad, if you can effectively LoS a ranged class who is tank tunneling you while controlling the flow of the battle then you are a good tank.

A bad tank is someone who just stands there and isn't reactive to anything at all, they just sit and face tank everything. Also, why are you bringing up Open world pvp when that's not end game pvp? Ranked is endgame, not open world and what's this nonesense about pocket heals and 1v1s? This thread is about the success of a tank in ranked, not something as insignificant as Open world pvp.

So gear so you can fight in a controlled environment. Sounds great. And sin tanks are saying Dv should be nerfed ridiculous. It isnt non sense tank is ish on his own...Los and let your guard go to waste that sounds like a great tank... Los is a **** move

So gear so you can fight in a controlled environment. Sounds great. And sin tanks are saying Dv should be nerfed ridiculous. It isnt non sense tank is ish on his own...Los and let your guard go to waste that sounds like a great tank... Los is a **** move

Then again most pvpers are on a pve server friggin backwards *** mentality

You can't LoS guard..it's 15m range and works through walls.....

Do you even play this game as a tank in a competetive environment?

And why the hell are you quoting yourself and answering yourself...?

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

There is no way for that tank to survive tunneling without LoSing. If the guardie stays in proximity is ok.

Edited by Aetideus

For guys who compare PT and Sin tank in dps gear. I have the 3tank in dps gear and:

-PT is the more versatile tank ever, he hasn't the best stats but the place in midrange is more easily mastered by everyone. Damage has no really burst , Aoe dps is clearly insane has you will take some 3-4K in some zoom-zoom time. Dońt expect a 10K damage, and no finisher capacity.

-Juggernaut: This is the clairly CC tank. In dps gear your Ravage is cool but you don't really have any burst damage. Don't even expect a 6K crit or maybe with a full armor debuff and electronet :D . Prefer playing in vengeance spec just with a shield, you have everything needed for pvp in vengeance spec, and except backhand and Aegis assault loss, you gain 1% on not being in tank spec with Soresu Form.

-Tankassin: The class has been design at beginning 5-6 years ago in dev head for being a stealther coming and kicking your ***. It has lower armor stats and DcD are same as dps spec so it is squishy as a Sin. But to compensate it has the best burst and dps overall of the 3tank. You will never beat the some 7-8K crit you can output and the four 5-6K crit you take with DV. Dps and burst is insane compared to the two other tank.

Main use of a tank class is capability to nerf enemy dps by guard and taunt, but too for allways take healing debuff, every 3tank have it.

For guys who compare PT and Sin tank in dps gear. I have the 3tank in dps gear and:

-PT is the more versatile tank ever, he hasn't the best stats but the place in midrange is more easily mastered by everyone. Damage has no really burst , Aoe dps is clearly insane has you will take some 3-4K in some zoom-zoom time. Dońt expect a 10K damage, and no finisher capacity.

Had a 11500 railshot recently :)

Edited by Aetideus