Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feeling ripped off

Adawn
12.13.2011 , 03:25 PM | #1
I decided to buy the collectors edition pre-order. A LONG TIME AGO.
I wanted to get it for early access. Which at first sounded just like beta access.
Once i figure that out i didn't care much. Then, my dad got beta and he didn't even buy
the collectors edition.
Now, i payed 150$. To some that isn't much. To me that is a ton. Especially for a video game.
I was willing to spend it though for the nice items. But now i get on and find out i didn't get early access yet. What is this? The people who pay the most don't get anything?
There will be trolls and what not but seriously. I payed 150$! i want my early access as soon as the servers are up.

Snatat
12.13.2011 , 03:26 PM | #2
goodluck my goodsir
Sith Lord

Drunk_wookie
12.13.2011 , 03:27 PM | #3
/entitled?

They TOLD you Early Access was by WHEN you pre-ordered, not which edition.

Beta was completely random.

All of this information was AVAILABLE the whole time as soon as things got announced.

You can't even pretend you didn't know, and just feel like you should get more....why? You were TOLD your collectors edition got you several things you're still getting statue, sound track (in addition to the ones they release on facebook), your exclusive mouse droid and vendor...

Ravoss
12.13.2011 , 03:28 PM | #4
Hey there little man!

It's ok buddy. I am sure you will get in soon.
Co-GM of The Argent Legion
Sith Armies - Central Time

chronosxx
12.13.2011 , 03:29 PM | #5
No one owes you anything nor do they care see ya at the launch

mrkrox
12.13.2011 , 03:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Adawn View Post
I decided to buy the collectors edition pre-order. A LONG TIME AGO.
I wanted to get it for early access. Which at first sounded just like beta access.
Once i figure that out i didn't care much. Then, my dad got beta and he didn't even buy
the collectors edition.
Now, i payed 150$. To some that isn't much. To me that is a ton. Especially for a video game.
I was willing to spend it though for the nice items. But now i get on and find out i didn't get early access yet. What is this? The people who pay the most don't get anything?
There will be trolls and what not but seriously. I payed 150$! i want my early access as soon as the servers are up.
Do people at your local store get to cut in line aswell if they are buying items for more money than others, I guess no. This is how a FIFO (first in - first out) queue works.

Beucko
12.13.2011 , 03:29 PM | #7
You joined up in July so you pre-ordered somewhere in July. People got out of bed long before they normally would in order to get a pre-order code as soon as possible.

You have a CE, big deal. You get enough extra stuff and a nice toy to play with for your $150. You'll get in Early Access tomorrow or later. Deal with it. Bioware doesn't owe you anything.
ELDER Kazran Varn :: ZEROł :: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC

RevanKane
12.13.2011 , 03:30 PM | #8
I am not upset just diassapointed. I am stationed in Japan and I really had no idea when pre-orders began. I ordered in September and I though I was doing well. Oh well I will be patient and I guess get on this weekend.

Adawn
12.13.2011 , 03:30 PM | #9
Alright, it is just logic. People who pay more get more it's how the world works and apparently bioware doesn't know about it.

honage
12.13.2011 , 03:30 PM | #10
TLDR Version: Hi, I didn't read and now I feel entitled to having my mistake compensated.