Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the secret to the Hutt success?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What is the secret to the Hutt success?

SithKoriandr
07.24.2015 , 07:19 PM | #11
The secret to their success is they worked up such a reputation people are afraid to just stab the slow slugs with a lightsaber.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Pietrastor
07.24.2015 , 08:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbassman View Post
I think you in part answered your own question, since those things always seem to be around in any society.

I'm more interested in how Hutts rose to the top of the food chain to begin with. After all, they are just a giant worm, with no discernible physical means to compete against other species. Now of course they maintain their status via money etc..., but based on the evolutionary theory of survival of the fittest, they would have been wiped out long before they got where they are now.
Unless some species is particularly unsuccesful, evolution doesn't really wipe slower/weaker species out, it gives them other tools of survival. As for the Hutts specifically? They got to the top same way "we" did, brain power. It's not like human species stands any chance at all in pure physical confrontation versus most predators on Earth.

Bouncy_Hunter
07.26.2015 , 03:30 PM | #13
Money and Outmaneuvering. The promise of wealth will get all kinds of people on your side. I'm sure they operate something like a real life mafia, starting with collecting "protection" money etc. Plus they're big in the spice and all kinds of illegal trade. Their secret is the same as the secret of some major drug lords and cartels out there. I'm not an expert on them but I'm sure you can read up on how they operate.

Pietrastor
07.26.2015 , 06:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bouncy_Hunter View Post
Money and Outmaneuvering. The promise of wealth will get all kinds of people on your side. I'm sure they operate something like a real life mafia, starting with collecting "protection" money etc. Plus they're big in the spice and all kinds of illegal trade. Their secret is the same as the secret of some major drug lords and cartels out there. I'm not an expert on them but I'm sure you can read up on how they operate.
Defnitely tons of gambling, drug and all kinds of "Las Vegas fun" money, but as for the 'protection' dirty money, there's no point doing it. Real world mafia syndicates aint the official governments/law enforcers thus they get the money by illegal unofficial methods like threats etc. The Hutts ARE the official governors of the planets/moons they own and stuff. They only thing they need to do to get cash is taxes.

AshlaBoga
07.26.2015 , 11:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Defnitely tons of gambling, drug and all kinds of "Las Vegas fun" money, but as for the 'protection' dirty money, there's no point doing it. Real world mafia syndicates aint the official governments/law enforcers thus they get the money by illegal unofficial methods like threats etc. The Hutts ARE the official governors of the planets/moons they own and stuff. They only thing they need to do to get cash is taxes.
On Hutta and Nar Shaddaa sure, but on the worlds they don't outright own I'm sure they run protection rackets.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!