Is the "Medium Satchel of Crafting Materials" a new drop?

Nickious

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either its an old/rare thing or could it possibly be something in preparation for new set up of crafting in KOTFE? hmm

It is probably something to help people level up crafting skills, because with 12XP, many are forgetting to send out their companions to get materials, or to stop and gather nodes in the world.

I don't see how it would be linked to moving of crafting bonuses...

I've got Small Satchel from small chests and Medium Satchel from big chest on Ilum today. In both cases there were no credits in those chests, just satchel and usual random items. I also got "Large" Satchel (at least I think it was called that, I didnt pay attention to it at that time) from big chest on Oricon.

Small Satchels contained 1 stack of green quality crafting material.

Medium Satchel had 2 stacks of green and 1 stack of blue crafting materials.

Large Satchel had 2 stacks of green, 1 stack of blue and 1 stack of Purple crafting materials.

Green item stacks contained between 8 and 12 crafting materials, blue was 7 and purple was 2 pieces.

Materials were from grade 2 to 11, various crew skills.

I've got Small Satchel from small chests and Medium Satchel from big chest on Ilum today. In both cases there were no credits in those chests, just satchel and usual random items. I also got "Large" Satchel (at least I think it was called that, I didnt pay attention to it at that time) from big chest on Oricon.

was is just the satchel in the chests or were there also credits?

Large Satchel had 2 stacks of green, 1 stack of blue and 1 stack of Purple crafting materials.

Green item stacks contained between 8 and 12 crafting materials, blue was 7 and purple was 2 pieces.

This ^

I opened five chests in black hole, NO CREDITS just green satchels with crafting materials. I opened one chest oricon. I received a purple satchel with NO CREDITS. I am thinking they replaced credits with crafting materials.

was is just the satchel in the chests or were there also credits?

On Ilum it was just Satchel and usual random green/blue items and 0 credits. Sadly I didnt pay attention to the big chest on Oricon so i dont know whether credits were gone from this one too.

I bet this is the new workaround for the dev to bring more craft materials into the player economy. They initially tried it with the slot machines, and were happy with the numbers, but the players lost their minds. So now I bet this will be the way to replace that, and not too long in the future the materials market will tank. It's probably a good decision to sell mats now, while prices are high.

Actually my guess was this was to stop credit farmers, while at the same time adding something useful to the chests. Since credits don't drop, the only point to getting the chests is the mats now.

My guess as well.

Actually my guess was this was to stop credit farmers, while at the same time adding something useful to the chests. Since credits don't drop, the only point to getting the chests is the mats now.

Yeah. They will actually have to take the time to list the items on gtn to get their credit value. If they just instant sell to a vendor, they will take a big hit compared to what they were getting with just credits.

Adding to my earlier observations, just made a tour of Makeb as well, big chests drop Medium Satchels there. No credits in any of 9 chests opened (both small and big). Quantity of blue crafting materials seems to be between 4 and 7 pieces.

Anyone see if chests on Makeb are doing this? Because if they are also like this, then it stops a massive amount of credits from being farmed. I am talking 900k per hour. And if this is a way to stop credit farmers, I heartily agree with it.

Anyone see if chests on Makeb are doing this? Because if they are also like this, then it stops a massive amount of credits from being farmed. I am talking 900k per hour. And if this is a way to stop credit farmers, I heartily agree with it.

Well they nerfed those chests a couple months back already, so there was no way possible you could get 900k per hour anymore. Someone in this thread already reported those satchels were popping in the place of credits.

My thoughts as well.

Did some testing on Ilum.

Small chests so far have given one small satchel which has one item (stack of 6-12) various level. Sample size is small but only green mats so far.

Large chests so far have given one medium satchel which has three items (stacks of 6-12) various level. Blue and green mats.