Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Conversation Bugged

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TRONEON
12.25.2011 , 07:04 AM | #1
Vette keeps saying she wants to talk to me so I go to ship or cantena and she won't talk to me icon dissapears and nothing...

Happens every single time now and I am lvl 27 with no companion quests and only one conversation since my starter planet...

When will this be fixed? Pretty sure iv missed all of the conversations and companion story line because of this.

Xaryell
12.25.2011 , 07:34 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings,

We would like to gather some details regarding the issue with receiving missions from your companions i.e. your companion says that they wish to talk to you, but once you enter your ship or cantina, no mission is offered.

We would like to thank you for your assistance as we look into this matter. Can you please reply with the following information:
  1. The name of the companion affected?
  2. Your characters name and level.
  3. How much affection do you have with the affected companion? (If multiple companions are affected please provide the affection for all of them)
  4. What is the last mission you received from your companion?
  5. Can you confirm that you have gone to a resting area (your ship or cantina) and your companion offers no missions?
We thank you for your patience as we investigate this issue.

Happy holidays to you all!

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Barnak
12.25.2011 , 08:04 AM | #3
playing a smuggler, at lvl 36, named barnak, affection level not available at this time:

I have noticed that shortly after completing my chapter 1, bowdaar and corso unlocked simultaneously 7 companion story discussions. Bowdaar had 5 different conversation available to do back to back. and Corso had 1 conversation and 1 mission. It seems odd that those were not unlocked progressively during my playthru of tatooine/alderan.

note: corso send me on tatooine in a cave and in order to reach it i had to go thru an hostile town full of lvl 50 guards, of course i had to die 3 times to reach the cave. I dont mind that and its not really a bug, but why force players to go thru an area where auto-death awaits?
It's a trap!

Glower
12.25.2011 , 08:11 AM | #4
1. Mako
2. Xea, 26 lvl
3. 3546
4. "Wrong Side of a Hunt" Nar Shaddaa (currently on Tatooine)
5. yes

please, help

threepers
12.25.2011 , 08:11 AM | #5
1. Kira Carsen, possibly others but affection not high enough
2. Guybrush, 32
3. 4778
4. Had a few conversations in a row after the defector quest for jedi knight (did not choose the dark side flirt that was reported to be bugged either), however none since, with the indicator popping up and disappearing.
5. Yes MANY times.

I noticed the conversation indicator pops up for a few seconds or minutes and doesn't survive an area transition, if this is relevant.

RakkisSiNSWG
12.25.2011 , 08:49 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by S1-W7 View Post
Greetings,

We would like to gather some details regarding the issue with receiving missions from your companions i.e. your companion says that they wish to talk to you, but once you enter your ship or cantina, no mission is offered.

We would like to thank you for your assistance as we look into this matter. Can you please reply with the following information:
  3. How much affection do you have with the affected companion? (If multiple companions are affected please provide the affection for all of them)
  5. Can you confirm that you have gone to a resting area (your ship or cantina) and your companion offers no missions?
We thank you for your patience as we investigate this issue.

Happy holidays to you all!
Khem Val
Rakkis 25 Sith Assassin
2537 Affection
I have completed one mission for Khem, I cannot recall the details however.
I have been to both the cantina AND my ship.
"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual." ―Darth Zannah
CE Holder

lilsoapspudz
12.25.2011 , 09:04 AM | #7
Corso & Risha

Dinah, 50

10k/10k for each

The marriage with Corso and a chat with Risha right after she had her contract wedding with the baron. (I don't remember the exact quest names, sorry)

Yes, many, many, many times. >.<

I wanted to add, for me, this started around level 45, first with Corso. Since then I have not been able to speak with him, but he constantly gets the "I want to talk with you on your ship/in private" icon (most often the ship one, but sometimes the in private one, although that one ends up turning into the ship one within a few seconds).

When I first summon him or load into a new area/flash point, he doesn't have the icon. With a few seconds to a few minutes, he gets it and at first it would only last a few seconds to a few minutes, but now the icon stays until I load into somewhere new, get killed, ETC.

Clicking on him, I do not hear him say anything about wanting to talk to me, however. I'm only receiving the icon on his portrait.

This is likewise for Risha, but her issue started when I was 48-ish. She does not get the icon as frequently as Corso and when she does get it, it only lasts a few seconds to a few minutes, otherwise the two are the same.

RoyalSlade
12.25.2011 , 09:31 AM | #8
1. Kira Carsen
2. Jedi Knight (Sentinal) Level 21 - 24
3. Around 2500ish
4. No quest from the character (on Nar Shadda)
5. Yes

The icon will come up saying she wants to talk on the ship. I quickly go to the ship and the icon goes away when I enter the room with the ship. I have also swapped out my companion for someone else and went to the ship, still no luck.

JohnBigginz
12.25.2011 , 10:49 AM | #9
Jaesa and Vette

Sith Warrior Level 42

Maxed Vette 1k Jaesa

Vette Marriage Jaesa not sure.

Yes, it vanishes every time with both of them after moving around for a little or trying to head back to my ship.

The small icon for the "companion wants to speak with you" keeps popping up and disappearing for Vette and Jaesa however for some reason Quinn is unaffected by this and his quests pop up whenever I enter the ship.

Nairneh
12.25.2011 , 10:58 AM | #10
Vette
Sith Warrior - problem noticed at lvl 25-26 persists till now (lvl 28)
Affection - since 3500+ (now 4500ish) - Last mission was the Star of Ryloth on Nar Shaddaa (finished without problems)
Tatooine
Tried going to the ship but when i enter the hangar the request to speak dissapears.
Despite the request being shown in the cantina she doesn't want to speak.
Tried changing locations, been on the imperial fleet - problem persists.
Tried progressing further with class quest and finished Tatooine but no results.
Tried increasing affection but again no result.