Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do the sith want in the end?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What do the sith want in the end?

adormitul
07.21.2015 , 06:40 PM | #1
I wonder what do they want what is their end goal to have galactic peace or what?

CrutchCricket
07.21.2015 , 06:55 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
I wonder what do they want what is their end goal to have galactic peace or what?
Well, we get a subtle hint as to what that might be from Emperor Palpatine.

On a more serious note, Sith follow the Sith Code which in most interpretations means... well, unlimited power. Which is then used to rule everyone else. Technically the Sith code preaches unlimited freedom through absolute power. But most of the time that's shortened to "rule the galaxy".

adormitul
07.21.2015 , 06:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CrutchCricket View Post
Well, we get a subtle hint as to what that might be from Emperor Palpatine.

On a more serious note, Sith follow the Sith Code which in most interpretations means... well, unlimited power. Which is then used to rule everyone else. Technically the Sith code preaches unlimited freedom through absolute power. But most of the time that's shortened to "rule the galaxy".
Is that not kinda boring sith seem to like well action, plots and intrigue. Ruling the galaxy makes things boring.

CrutchCricket
07.21.2015 , 07:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Is that not kinda boring sith seem to like well action, plots and intrigue. Ruling the galaxy makes things boring.
You've obviously never ruled a galaxy

It'd be anything but boring. You'd still have plots and intrigue, killing rebel scum, training the apprentice(s) that will one day betray you. A Sith's work is never done.

Spetulhu
07.21.2015 , 08:05 PM | #5
The Sith Code is about freedom - FOR ME! As long as there's someone, anyone, who disputes your right to do whatever you want as a Sith you can't settle down.

adormitul
07.22.2015 , 09:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Spetulhu View Post
The Sith Code is about freedom - FOR ME! As long as there's someone, anyone, who disputes your right to do whatever you want as a Sith you can't settle down.
So you can never settle down as a sith. No wonder there more jedi then sith you live with frustration all your life.

Solarai
07.22.2015 , 03:15 PM | #7
While they "hide" behind the concept of freedom (which is true, but not the core of their belief), the Sith ultimately are selfish--they want whatever they desire. Marr mentions after Makeb that he doesn't want to be emperor, somebody else can have that role. He got what he wants, which is... a jihad, I guess. He's a warlord. Every Sith following Bane was essentially brainwashed to want the same thing, to have the Sith *Order* rule the galaxy, and so unify their efforts throughout the generations. But the Sith take whatever they want. Generally, this means more and more power, since power is magnetic to the corruptible, so that they can have more power. But you'll see many who are content in small roles, because that's what they wanted. To sit in a tomb, answering the same questions over and over again...

Nightblazer
07.22.2015 , 05:51 PM | #8
Marr is the exception since he's out lived most sith. He's not involved in the power plays, he's always put the needs of the empire before his own. That's why he is still around, he's being smart about it. By the end of rishi he's been on the council for over 40 or 50 years. Also his story indicates he's popular figure among the empire.

If every sith was like Marr, concerned with the empire vs themselves, they probably would have ruled the galaxy s long time ago
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Joluka
07.22.2015 , 11:50 PM | #9
You've obviously never ruled a galaxy

It'd be anything but boring. You'd still have plots and intrigue, killing rebel scum, training the apprentice(s) that will one day betray you. A Sith's work is never done.
I mean, last time I ruled the galaxy I had tons of fun. Maybe you should listen to this guy, OP.
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

Kaedusz
07.23.2015 , 04:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post

If every sith was like Marr, concerned with the empire vs themselves, they probably would have ruled the galaxy s long time ago
But then we wouldn't appreciate Marr so much. I think it's better the way it is.