Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best alignment for Non-Typical JK & JC Story: GRAY/NEUTRAL or DARK?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Best alignment for Non-Typical JK & JC Story: GRAY/NEUTRAL or DARK?

Bouncy_Hunter
07.25.2015 , 10:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I would think, Satele abandoning her child would be a DS action, at least in TOR's version of what is DS and LS.
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me in SWTOR's alignment options.

Cedia
07.25.2015 , 12:25 PM | #22
I would think, Satele abandoning her child would be a DS action, at least in TOR's version of what is DS and LS.
Yeah, when I first heard about that it was a big *** moment for me. That was when I realized that the Jedi really are evil hypocrites.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame Theron at all for hating the Jedi.
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

Bouncy_Hunter
07.25.2015 , 03:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedia View Post
Yeah, when I first heard about that it was a big *** moment for me. That was when I realized that the Jedi really are evil hypocrites.

Theron doesn't "hate" the Jedi.

As for Satele she is supposed to be a model Jedi and for someone in her position especially it would be a mistake to have such a strong emotional attachment. I don't agree with the nonattachment rule but that's the reasoning. Also it's not like he grew up in a ghetto or someone fished him out of a dumpster, if I remember correctly he was raised by a Jedi Master who he still considers to be his "father".

SithKoriandr
07.25.2015 , 04:57 PM | #24

They're not evil. They're just so overly cautious it's stupid. The point of the Jedi code is to try and keep those with force abilities tempers from flaring, emotions from getting so worked up, someone with powerful force abilities can just wipe out a lot of people.

For something Vader did, I don't know if I'd say killing the Senator was enough to make up for killing so many, but then from his point of view, he was likely at war with the Jedi now, so killing them may have just been casualties of war. For that, would depend on how you look at it, I guess, but we've seen him just murder people for mistakes, so there's no mistaking that.

Powerful force users go mad, things go to hell. Jedi think the only way to stop it is to forgo those attachments and keep inner peace. Obviously, we all know that doesn't work well.

Sith on the other hand say, if you can't survive our little outbursts, then you obviously didn't deserve to live.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Bouncy_Hunter
07.25.2015 , 05:14 PM | #25
Powerful force users go mad, things go to hell. Jedi think the only way to stop it is to forgo those attachments and keep inner peace. Obviously, we all know that doesn't work well.
There are plenty of cases where it did work well. I think Yoda is a great example. and Obi-Wan.

SithKoriandr
07.25.2015 , 05:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Bouncy_Hunter View Post
There are plenty of cases where it did work well. I think Yoda is a great example. and Obi-Wan.
Of course. This isn't to say it can't work for some, I just wouldn't say it would work for the majority of people. Though, no idea how it works for Yoda's race, maybe it comes easy? I'm sure someone could say. Obi-Wan also seemed the type to likely be able to form an attachment and still not go world stomping mad. I'd even argue he had an attachment to his padawan and later Luke.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Cedia
07.26.2015 , 09:10 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bouncy_Hunter View Post
Theron doesn't "hate" the Jedi.

As for Satele she is supposed to be a model Jedi and for someone in her position especially it would be a mistake to have such a strong emotional attachment. I don't agree with the nonattachment rule but that's the reasoning. Also it's not like he grew up in a ghetto or someone fished him out of a dumpster, if I remember correctly he was raised by a Jedi Master who he still considers to be his "father".
I said that I wouldn't blame him if he did, meaning, if we find out his feelings about it are deeper than what has been presented.

Being emotionally abandoned by your parents is extremely painful. When your parents can't give you the love and attention you need because they can't (for whatever reason), it is extremely damaging and in my case, led to PTSD. He was raised in a communal environment, but I don't believe that can ever completely fill a child's need for unconditional love from parents or parental figures.

That the Jedi take small children from their parents and disallow their parents to fully interact with them is evil.
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

Bouncy_Hunter
07.26.2015 , 11:57 AM | #28
I said that I wouldn't blame him if he did, meaning, if we find out his feelings about it are deeper than what has been presented.

Being emotionally abandoned by your parents is extremely painful. When your parents can't give you the love and attention you need because they can't (for whatever reason), it is extremely damaging and in my case, led to PTSD. He was raised in a communal environment, but I don't believe that can ever completely fill a child's need for unconditional love from parents or parental figures.

That the Jedi take small children from their parents and disallow their parents to fully interact with them is evil.
Yes but I would think that depends on how old you are when you are "abandoned" by your parents. If you never knew them to begin with it won't feel like a gap or something missing in your life, like in my case. I never knew who my father was my mother raised me by herself and I never had any problems with it. Although I still had one parent so that's different for sure.

Bouncy_Hunter
07.26.2015 , 11:59 AM | #29
I kind of agree with this, and both sides are doing it. Although the Jedi may be a little less aggressive about it

Edit: Also Theron Shan doesn't seem all that troubled by it either. He did have a father figure in his life. If the Jedi got rid of the silly nonattachment rule and Jedi were able to see their parents...well that'd be ideal I think.

SithKoriandr
07.26.2015 , 10:48 PM | #30

I do not get the feeling that the Jedi order in the game do that. That seemed to be more of a Prequel era thing.