Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mandlorian Fleet???

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
07.17.2015 , 09:19 AM | #1
In the past (most notibally before KOTOR) the Mandlorians had not only an army but a fleet, and also in the timeline videos it seemed that even if it was just a loose accolade of ships they had one then to.

Now what i find odd is the whole weakened empire and what not yet the Mandlorians who not only are a vast force to be recon with also must have a fleet of some sort but u never hear from or about it ever.

So honestly what happened to it?
http://www.swtor.com/r/XRHgLz Referral Link
Quote:
ok ok i get it i made a typo, can we let it go.
Quote:
Nope, this is the Internet, outside of worshiping cats, making fun of grammatical mistakes is our most beloved pastime

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
07.17.2015 , 02:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
In the past (most notibally before KOTOR) the Mandlorians had not only an army but a fleet, and also in the timeline videos it seemed that even if it was just a loose accolade of ships they had one then to.

Now what i find odd is the whole weakened empire and what not yet the Mandlorians who not only are a vast force to be recon with also must have a fleet of some sort but u never hear from or about it ever.

So honestly what happened to it?
Revan destroyed most of it with the mass generator and then dismantled the rest when the mandalorians surrendered.

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
07.17.2015 , 02:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Revan destroyed most of it with the mass generator and then dismantled the rest when the mandalorians surrendered.
but that was 300 years ago and there seems to be cruisers and other ships during the mandlorian blockade and mandalor at least has a massive cruiser as well.
so it seems that they did rebuild it by the great galactic war but its never explained as to what happens to it.
http://www.swtor.com/r/XRHgLz Referral Link
Quote:
ok ok i get it i made a typo, can we let it go.
Quote:
Nope, this is the Internet, outside of worshiping cats, making fun of grammatical mistakes is our most beloved pastime

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
07.17.2015 , 03:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
but that was 300 years ago and there seems to be cruisers and other ships during the mandlorian blockade and mandalor at least has a massive cruiser as well.
so it seems that they did rebuild it by the great galactic war but its never explained as to what happens to it.
Which was defeated in the end by a alliance of smuggler ships and some republic ships and knowing the mandalorians they must of had terrible casualties for the blockade to be lifted so most of their fleet including their cruiser must have been destroyed. In the mandalorian war they lost most of their ships and only then surrendered.

Rodyn's Avatar


Rodyn
07.20.2015 , 04:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Which was defeated in the end by a alliance of smuggler ships and some republic ships and knowing the mandalorians they must of had terrible casualties for the blockade to be lifted so most of their fleet including their cruiser must have been destroyed. In the mandalorian war they lost most of their ships and only then surrendered.
That was roughly ten years before the start of the game, though, and the Mandalorians are hardly slouches when it comes to preparing for war. The lull in the Cold War would've allowed them time to rebuild.

More likely, the Mandalorians are doing their part for the Empire, but they're still considerably smaller in number relative to either the Republic or the Empire, so it's not focused on much.
Commissar Nithron Nalar
HERO OF THE EMPIRE!

BrianDavion's Avatar


BrianDavion
07.20.2015 , 04:51 PM | #6
There's simply no evidance that right now the Mandalorians are major players on the galatic stage.
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
07.20.2015 , 10:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rodyn View Post
That was roughly ten years before the start of the game, though, and the Mandalorians are hardly slouches when it comes to preparing for war. The lull in the Cold War would've allowed them time to rebuild.

More likely, the Mandalorians are doing their part for the Empire, but they're still considerably smaller in number relative to either the Republic or the Empire, so it's not focused on much.
Do they have enough resources to rebuild a fleet that fast they do not have the resources they had before. I do not know if you can rebuild the ships in 10 years. There is also the human/alien casualties lost during the blockade and Coruscant siege.

Rodyn's Avatar


Rodyn
07.20.2015 , 11:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Do they have enough resources to rebuild a fleet that fast they do not have the resources they had before. I do not know if you can rebuild the ships in 10 years. There is also the human/alien casualties lost during the blockade and Coruscant siege.
They're a culture zealously dedicated to not only combat and war, but providing contributing members of their society as well. Slaves, too, if they still operate like they did during the Mandalorian Wars. They almost certainly have the resources to build a new fleet within the span of a decade.

Also, Mandalorians are considered adults at 14 (I think; something fairly early. A Fandalorian would know better.), so rebuilding their numbers would be a little faster than the other powers, relative to size.
Commissar Nithron Nalar
HERO OF THE EMPIRE!

adormitul's Avatar


adormitul
07.20.2015 , 11:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rodyn View Post
They're a culture zealously dedicated to not only combat and war, but providing contributing members of their society as well. Slaves, too, if they still operate like they did during the Mandalorian Wars. They almost certainly have the resources to build a new fleet within the span of a decade.

Also, Mandalorians are considered adults at 14 (I think; something fairly early. A Fandalorian would know better.), so rebuilding their numbers would be a little faster than the other powers, relative to size.
During the great Galactic War the Republic lost most of their fleet and many production facilities but even so they had enough to rebuild the fleet in a few years but they had way more resources then the Mandalorians. I do not think zealously can make up for industrial capabilities. Even after the war the Republic had more resources then the sith empire and that is without most of their population focused on war. I do not think the mandalorians can recover that fast. Their are just too small.
I also I think it was a very big blow to the moral of the mandalorians after they lost against smugglers add that with the lost of confidence of the sith who pretty much made them the force they where I think they are in a weaker position now then they where before the blockade.