New game content/system in KOTFE?

Pietrastor

So

that there's a brand new type of game content coming in KOTFE, different than what's already there in the game (stories, FPs, Operations etc). Speculationz?

My guesses:

- PVE space redesign/PVE starfighter

- card mini-game (Pazaak/Sabaac)

- swoop/pod-racing; they confirmed they worked on it at some point few years ago but stopped developement, maybe they went back to it?

- tie-in system with some mobile minigame.... you know how popular these are nowadays...

- day/night cycle?

- dynamic world-timed events on a deepr scale than curret events?

- highly different/redesigned crafting system along with all the companion changes

- highly different/redesigned Legacy system, possibly with some minigame, can't remember where I read it but suppousedly they said at the latest cantina that they're making changes to Legacy

You ideas what could this be?

Edited by Pietrastor

i take it to mean what everyone already knows. you know.. how the story will be released in episodes each month.

Nope, she said it was specifically something they won't reveal until coser to release. Monthly cycle has been announced long ago

So
that there's a brand new type of game content coming in KOTFE, different than what's already there in the game (stories, FPs, Operations etc). Speculationz?

My guesses:

- PVE space redesign/PVE starfighter nope said its not getting any rework for awhile

- card mini-game (Pazaak/Sabaac) highly doubtful and waste of effort

- swoop/pod-racing; they confirmed they worked on it at some point few years ago but stopped developement, maybe they went back to it? see above waste of effort in my opinion

- tie-in system with some mobile minigame.... you know how popular these are nowadays... not going to happen

- day/night cycle? not going to happen, they have said its a snap shot in time

- dynamic world-timed events on a deepr scale than curret events? probably not going to happen, go play rift hear thats doing great!

- highly different/redesigned crafting system along with all the companion changes are redoing crafting along with companions how much of an overhaul is yet to be determined

- highly different/redesigned Legacy system, possibly with some minigame, can't remember where I read it but suppousedly they said at the latest cantina that they're making changes to Legacy probably not, minigames are waste of effort

problem is that the <60 ISN'T going to change much for people who level the old way so you may see some crafting changes and maybe some legacy rework but I don't expect it to be hugely different.

as for mini games, they are a waste of effort, i just don't see them adding any real value to the game.

My guess is that it's nothing you should be psyching yourself up for. My guess is, no matter what you HOPE it'll be, it'll be less than that. My guess is, people will cling to a dream until it's shattered.

I'm 99% sure she's just talking about the hinted-at "Alliance" system that will govern how you interact with old and new companions after KotFE. They've said things are being reworked with companions and that they would be using the pre-KotFE planets for 'grinding' aspects that would be a part of the new system.

Since we haven't had any specifics on just how this new system works, they're obviously keeping it under wraps until we get closer to release. I really, really, really doubt it is anything on the scale of what's being imagined in the OP.

Edited by DarthDymond

So

My guesses:

- PVE space redesign/PVE starfighter

- card mini-game (Pazaak/Sabaac)

- swoop/pod-racing; they confirmed they worked on it at some point few years ago but stopped developement, maybe they went back to it?

- tie-in system with some mobile minigame.... you know how popular these are nowadays...

- day/night cycle?

- dynamic world-timed events on a deepr scale than curret events?

- highly different/redesigned crafting system along with all the companion changes

- highly different/redesigned Legacy system, possibly with some minigame, can't remember where I read it but suppousedly they said at the latest cantina that they're making changes to Legacy

In one hand, it has got to be pretty great to daydream about the image of this awesome game you are painting. On the other hand, it makes reality dawn even bleaker than it will come october.

Dude, they are adding absolutely nothing of the sorts. Kotfe isn't some mega expansion that makes everyone's dreams come true. You get 10, 15 or maybe 20 hours of Emperor/Revan quality narrative and re-worked crafting. That's pretty much it. Even latter is likely not something they'd want or care to do, just that they have to. Because like 60 companions are goin buh bye.

Since we do daydream fodder, why not!

* Fully fledged open world space sandbox, not unlike Elite Dangerous. Hyperspace jumps, players carrying expensive cargo in transports. Protecting/attacking these transports. Epic clases vs rep and imp navy.

* GSF Pilot as an advanced class

* Complete removal of talking heads and dialogue wheel from game, replace it with 90% pre written stuff, 10% options - but- with options that greatly matter

* Actrual ship hangar where you can hang with other pilots.

* rest would stop mattering here.

new mechanics are coming and new ways to play are coming. [/color]

Flying cars are also coming IRL. It doesn't mean you should expect me to feel terribly happy or excited for them in 2015.

Edited by GalacticStarfigh

My guess is that it's nothing you should be psyching yourself up for. My guess is, no matter what you HOPE it'll be, it'll be less than that. My guess is, people will cling to a dream until it's shattered.

and even then...still cling.

Keep shattering those dreams man. This game sucks! The expansion sucks! We must not rest until everyone knows it!

They need some type of new multiplayer to go with the new single player Outlander story. I love the 12x XP so I can play only the class story, but I pay 16 per month so that I can play with my friends when I chose. Just doing the same OPs/FP/PvP doesn't cut it.

Maybe it will be a new way to do planet stories? Some type of faction based conquest rather than guild based? With regular(combat/crafting) and class based(smuggling for smuggler, NPC bounties for Bounty Hunter) objectives to with the planet for whichever faction you choose?

Edited by Sorwen

Keep shattering those dreams man. This game sucks! The expansion sucks! We must not rest until everyone knows it!

Except I never said anything like that. I just want people to remain reasonable and rational...realistic...not dreaming that there will be a new engine and unicorn mounts.

Here is my guess,

An area (planet) or old planets with a timeless isle content style.

Re-spawning rares that require several folks to kill. some with rare mount drops, ground spawns with some rare armor piece drops, and a few daily/weekly quests to bring it all together. Similar to a daily area with an open world feel to it.

Even if not grouped everyone that hits a rare mob has a chance at loot

Well, the shattered dreams part comes with a monthly cycle ;)

Could it be centered around the "new ship" you get as a highlander?? Maybe your new ship is like a destroyer type of thing and you are its commander. You can then customize your ship and outfit it with new guns and things and you go into battle with it in the new mode...

I know this is stretching but a guy can hope right? Would be cool :p