Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira (not the DS flirt bug, something else)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Kira (not the DS flirt bug, something else)?

RiceSaber
12.25.2011 , 06:05 AM | #1
Yes, I've read all about the DS flirt option breaking Kira's story, however, I'm not at that part yet. I'm still on Narr Shaddaa and have recently been having the little pop up saying she wants to talk on the ship, but this won't trigger. The pop up keeps coming up, and I keep going to the ship and nothing. I'm just over 2,500 affection.
Is this ANOTHER separate bug we have to deal with?
Outer Rim Division

Synche
12.25.2011 , 06:30 AM | #2
This is a bug not exclusive to Kira. I've had it with Smuggler at the end of the Nar Shaddaa storyline, says go back to the hangar but none of the conversations trigger.

The way I did it was manually click on each of the people, bring up the convos, go through them, then enter and exit the instance and the convos triggered and I got credit for them.

Fardreamer
12.25.2011 , 07:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Synche View Post
This is a bug not exclusive to Kira. I've had it with Smuggler at the end of the Nar Shaddaa storyline, says go back to the hangar but none of the conversations trigger.

The way I did it was manually click on each of the people, bring up the convos, go through them, then enter and exit the instance and the convos triggered and I got credit for them.
I don't understand... what do you mean by this?
"In the end, cowards are those who follow the darkside."
-Yoda

Crogga
12.25.2011 , 08:18 AM | #4
Just happened with Mako and my BH yesterday.

Fardreamer
12.25.2011 , 09:03 AM | #5
Just to clear things up, I think I found out why it's doing this.

For some conversations you have to have a certain amount affection points. But you cannot actually engage in these conversations until a key plot point happens in your character's story. So, if you have a lot of affection points with your companion, you will have a backlog of several conversation quests waiting for you to reach that point in your class' story.
"In the end, cowards are those who follow the darkside."
-Yoda

RiceSaber
12.25.2011 , 11:38 AM | #6
UPDATE: ok, so I just got to the first DS flirt option talked about in the bug thread. I did not choose it, and as soon as I completed that portion of the quest, all those pop up conversations that I couldn't access came one right after the other on the ship. There are 3 of them back to back, which honestly cheapens the whole thing because they should be spread out over some time, as intended.
Hopefully there are no later bugs we have to be on the look out for.
Outer Rim Division

AnonymousMoron
12.25.2011 , 12:27 PM | #7
Fardreamer is correct. Assuming you didn't pick the DS flirt option, your romance plot is intact. Depending on the amount of affection you have after that point you'll get a few dialogue conversations with Kira after you get back to your ship. The romance will only go so far though until further in the story (I was at about 6300 affection and got another 4 or 5 convos with her after finishing Act 1 and going back to the ship).

Don't worry about the little 'Kira wants to talk' icon that pops up. It did the same to me on occasion and of course she wouldn't have anything to say on the ship until I progressed further.