Buying game time cards online

H all, decided to come back to SWTOR [ did download it years ago and played for a few days] seem to be hooked now though....basically i have a friend, who actually used her powers of persuasion to make me try SWTOR instead of playing single player type games, as penpals/email buddies we have brought each other numerous things. She is offering to buy me a game time card but the question is, does t have to be a EU game time card, or can it be a US one, also does it matter if its a origin gametime code? And the same goes for if i buy her some cartel coins [havent told her that bit] or would 30 days be better than 2400? or the expansion?

Welcome back. The source where you buy the card shouldn't matter, it'll work since unlike with Blizzard there is no split between both server lists (regions).

As for the coins or game time... if she likes buying things from the CM, go with the coins, if she has little interest in the former, go with the sub time. (Although the latter may also be a good choice if she's a F2P or preferred player and you intent to play together. With the 12x Class xp and all.) :)

I have seen players report here on the forum that some codes are specific for the region they are bought in.

My guess is that you can try and see if it works, if not the buyer can still use the codes.

Edited by Icestar