Server Open World PvP event July 19: The Battle of the Juran Mountains

NwahsNirom

UPDATE: It was decided by the community of Sith that we'll be on Instance 2!

Hey everyone!

I figure since 3.3 is coming, I wanted to do an Open World PvP event right before it launches. Pax Republica will be hosting, and Remnants of Hope have said they'll support the effort!

My current plan is for it to be on the evening of July 19 (Sunday). My plan is to have the battle happen on the two different sets of bridges in the Juran Mountains.

See this image here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Cyber_Elf_X/Screenshots/Screenshot_2012-01-01_06_28_15_835214.jpg

I'll post more screenshots soon. But if you look at that image, in the center and towards the south, you can see two sets of bridges (4 bridges total). Whichever faction can control all 4 bridges wins!

I'm thinking the event could start at 7pm eastern and end at 8:45pm eastern. Whichever owns the most bridges at 8:45 wins (there are 4!).

By splitting up the objectives, it will hopefully lower the lag, add an element of strategy and coordination, and make things more awesome :)

We've done this before and it went pretty well. If you're interested, read here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536010

Spawn Points are random, depending on which end of the bridge you die on. The respawn locations are approx. 1:20 seconds per side. See ya there!

In the future, I want to do another event that we've done before which is super fun: The Battle for the Ancient Machine at the bottom of the Czerka Dig Site.

If you have questions or comments, please let me know.

Edited by NwahsNirom

I respect that some didn't have fun with the last one (I had a blast). I know a big reason it wasn't fun was the spawn camping. This event will focus on territory control of the bridges, not spawn camping. I think that will help a lot. Plus, the fighting will be in four different locations essentially, really two different ones that will affect screen lag, so that may help.

I didn't even know we were involved in this :p Shared on our forums, looks like some Remnants are definitely interested in coming :)

I'm sorry about that! I was speaking with Tel'ana about it the other night. He said he'd love to help and I incorrectly assumed he spoke on behalf of your entire guild (I thought he was an officer or something, my mistake!)

Either way, glad you'll be helping!

Edited by NwahsNirom

Indeed. Nwahs and Pax Republica represent everything that a guild should be. I should know. I was once, actually twice a member. If nothing else, at least they are trying to get the server involved in open world PVP.

Thanks!!!

So I am excited that there seems to be some interest in this.

I cross-posted this to the EH Community website. I also took the liberty to updated the maps, including naming the bridges as "North Bridges" and "South Bridges," accordingly.

THANKS SO MUCH! That's awesome! Let's keep promoting this on the Fleets each night this week to make the event fun!