PvP 3.3: Any penalty to people that leave group in solo queue?

NwahsNirom

Was just wondering, I think one last problem to fix (besides some class imbalance) is that solo queuers can quit often and ruin a match. Any way we can maybe penalize then and reward the 3 people that are left to fight on their own in a match?

The problem with that is if you force them to stay, that doesn't mean they will be any more productive than just having an empty slot. It could be worse, they could intentionally NOT help, sit down, afk, throw the match, or whatever. I agree it can be annoying, but forcing someone to stay isn't always the best choice.

Most people that are in a tight game, and have hope of winning will stay. The problem is that you can usually tell within minutes of the games starting who will be the winner. It's so lopsided no matter who leaves, stays or joins, it isn't likely to change the outcome, and all hope of winning is lost.

They need to find ways to make the games more balanced to begin with so that people will want to stay. Giving easier access to gear is a great start imo.

But beyond that what can you do? Limit the amount of healers a team can have? Make game mechanics more dynamic so that no team has such a dominating advantage? Don't allow premades to que? If premades are going to que, atleast give the other solo people an option to NOT have to que against premades?

Could you offer a bonus for sticking around? Double valor? Double xp, or credits? But how would you award it? Would you have to stick around from the start, but be on a losing team. What happens if you join mid match?

You can see it's not easy. ;)

I think more evenly balanced matches is the best way to start! Have close games that people WANT to stay and win!

The problem with that is if you force them to stay, that doesn't mean they will be any more productive than just having an empty slot. It could be worse, they could intentionally NOT help, sit down, afk, throw the match, or whatever. I agree it can be annoying, but forcing someone to stay isn't always the best choice.

Most people that are in a tight game, and have hope of winning will stay. The problem is that you can usually tell within minutes of the games starting who will be the winner. It's so lopsided no matter who leaves, stays or joins, it isn't likely to change the outcome, and all hope of winning is lost.

They need to find ways to make the games more balanced to begin with so that people will want to stay. Giving easier access to gear is a great start imo.

But beyond that what can you do? Limit the amount of healers a team can have? Make game mechanics more dynamic so that no team has such a dominating advantage? Don't allow premades to que? If premades are going to que, atleast give the other solo people an option to NOT have to que against premades?

Could you offer a bonus for sticking around? Double valor? Double xp, or credits? But how would you award it? Would you have to stick around from the start, but be on a losing team. What happens if you join mid match?

I think more evenly balanced matches is the best way to start! Have close games that people WANT to stay and win!

One of the main issues that I can see that cause people to drop is when they can tell right off the bat it isn't going to go well at all in any shape or form. For example.....say in Hypergate....your entire team immediately heads to mid to begin death matching and no one, unless you do it, goes to the pylon. Or one person caps it then runs, leaving it unguarded, to mid to join the lawl derping. Enemy caps Pylon....keeps both. They reset and rinse and repeat.

You can tell right then it's going to be a tedious lawl stomping and your team is just too ignorant about TOR PvP and apparently don't care to learn. That's one good example. It's super easy on my Shadow or Scrapper to cap the enemy's pylon because they do exactly that A LOT. And they just...don't....learn. It's frankly astonishing.

Another is that there are quite a few people who want their PvP playing experience to last as long as possible with a viable toon so they quit right before the match is out to avoid the XP.

Another is that there are quite a few people who want their PvP playing experience to last as long as possible with a viable toon so they quit right before the match is out to avoid the XP.

This is a good point. I have always thought there should be an xp off option. I know people will argue that it leads to over geared players farming under geared players. Either make a bracket for XP off players, or just make pvp gear for the lowbies much easier to come by.

Good posts so far guys, thanks. It is definitely complicated.

Ranked is popping plenty on The Ebon Hawk. You should join us.

My proposal would indeed be some kind of lockout, just like leaving a group finder. That, or allow backfills in ranked (if you join in a backfill, you can't lose rating, only gain rating and season tokens/credits).

If you drop out then you cannot join another for a certain amount of time will help.....how many times in unranked do people rage quit when their side take 2 nodes and once theyve gone you come back and win.....Many

Was just wondering, I think one last problem to fix (besides some class imbalance) is that solo queuers can quit often and ruin a match. Any way we can maybe penalize then and reward the 3 people that are left to fight on their own in a match?

Best thing to do is make a "Solo" only queue. On these lower population servers the 198-premades make the match so imbalanced you can either run out and die/rinse/repeat or leave. A solo queue would only affect those max geared premades who do nothing but farm in unranked. They already have their reward rating in ranked so there is little for them to do but 'practice' on those fresh 60's trying to get a set of 192's.

So you are saying there should be a penalty if they don't want to be farmed? Nah, think there should be an entry level warzone where they actually have a chance of learning how to pvp and gear up.

Best thing to do is make a "Solo" only queue. On these lower population servers the 198-premades make the match so imbalanced you can either run out and die/rinse/repeat or leave. A solo queue would only affect those max geared premades who do nothing but farm in unranked. They already have their reward rating in ranked so there is little for them to do but 'practice' on those fresh 60's trying to get a set of 192's.

So you are saying there should be a penalty if they don't want to be farmed? Nah, think there should be an entry level warzone where they actually have a chance of learning how to pvp and gear up.

Uh......198 and 192 ilvl is pve gear buddy.

The answer is this:

Yes, people that leave Ranked matches receive an ELO penalty.

Yes, the team that wins the match does not gain as much rating as they would have had the person on the other team not left. (Provided the full team wins)

Yes, the team that was not full does not receive as large a rating decrease as they would have had the person on their team not left. (Provided the short team loses)

I am unsure as to what happens should the short team beat the full team.

Edited by Loomi

The answer is this:

I am unsure as to what happens should the short team beat the full team.

The short team gains more rating than they normally would and the full team loses more rating than they normally would, because you've upset the expectations of the system. However, I'm not sure if this applies to matches where someone leaves/DCs mid-game, or only those where the person leaves or gets kicked via deserter detection (or declines the queue pop) at the start of Round 1.

If you drop out then you cannot join another for a certain amount of time will help.....how many times in unranked do people rage quit when their side take 2 nodes and once theyve gone you come back and win.....Many

And if you add a penalty, those deadweight players will just stay on the team and not leave only ensuring your loss.