Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best book?

Rawwwdog
07.05.2015 , 09:32 PM | #1
Looking for the best book that summarizes what's going on in TOR and what brought us here. If anyone knows of such book let me know please

Phyreblade
07.05.2015 , 09:37 PM | #2
This one, HERE. Mind you, that's a link to Amazon.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Diviciacus
07.05.2015 , 10:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
Definitely a solid primer for what happened with Revan between KOTOR and SOR.

For a more general "what's going on in the universe" for TOR, I would suggest the novels Deceived, or Annihilation.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

NUTMANIAC
07.06.2015 , 01:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rawwwdog View Post
Looking for the best book that summarizes what's going on in TOR and what brought us here. If anyone knows of such book let me know please
If you're interested in graphic novels Knights of the old republic , the three volume series is very interesting. I'm still reading it though .

Karkais
07.06.2015 , 03:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
I second phyreblade.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Rawwwdog
07.06.2015 , 08:13 PM | #6
So a book that covers Revan will cover all that is going on in TOR, why it's happening, and what happened before that got us here?

MadDutchman
07.06.2015 , 10:38 PM | #7
Revan covers everything that happens before TOR, and an excellent primer.

Deceived and Annihilation cover the early TOR years, before the game starts.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Karkais
07.07.2015 , 03:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rawwwdog View Post
So a book that covers Revan will cover all that is going on in TOR, why it's happening, and what happened before that got us here?
No such encyclopedia exists as such, but Revan novel ties the stories of previous knights of the old republic games to SWTOR and tells about Vitiate, Revan and Lord Scourge, mostly from Scourge's viewpoint (thus within the empire). It also tells of the Emperor's ritual on Nathema and how Scourge was named the first Wrath of the emperor.

If you want to read about the time when treaty of Coruscant was signed, you could read the "Deceived" novel, although I considered it's story to be much smaller in scope compared to "Revan". I've pretty much forgotten the contents by now since they felt somewhat unimportant.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

ThomasTheBeige
07.07.2015 , 09:26 AM | #9
Revan and Deceived give great background to the game. I loved those books, even before I played the game.

If you want to know what is going on now you have to play the game. Or you could go to Wookieepedia, but it will contain mostly the class stories.

Fatal Alliance might take place during this time. That was an interesting book.

Side Note: I want a Hex pet.
Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by Hondo Ohnaka
Speak softly and drive a big tank!
And here is my obligatory referral link.

Rawwwdog
07.07.2015 , 11:59 PM | #10
Thanks everyone for the info, got them coming in the mail!!