Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, are (Lorewise) the Empire and Republic going away?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So, are (Lorewise) the Empire and Republic going away?

Thelyssani
07.05.2015 , 11:31 AM | #1
Hello everyone! As a die-hard Imperial, I have my personal concerns about both factions' fates in the Coming expansion. As a Roleplayer, these concerns are amplified by my characters personal commitment to the Empire. So, my question for you all is, do we know what is happening to the Republic and Empire in the next expansion? I feel there are a few routes that the story could go through:
  • The Empire and Republic merge together in a desperate attempt to halt the new threat. ( I would rather this not happen, my faction pride is too strong to work with those -other- people!! )
  • Both factions are dissolved, and we are thrown into galaxy wide anarchy... ( This is the worst outcome to me, as with the first route, there is hope that the two will eventually seperate again... Here, there is just no more story with the factions, and an end to the great lore they had going... )
  • Finally, there is the chance that both survive, albeit in a weakened state.

So, which route do you think the story would go down? As it stands, this uncertainty is killing me, and making me stress quite a bit about my RP characters future as an Imperial Trooper. Thanks everyone!

JourrnoRush
07.05.2015 , 11:38 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Thelyssani View Post
Hello everyone! As a die-hard Imperial, I have my personal concerns about both factions' fates in the Coming expansion. As a Roleplayer, these concerns are amplified by my characters personal commitment to the Empire. So, my question for you all is, do we know what is happening to the Republic and Empire in the next expansion? I feel there are a few routes that the story could go through:
  • The Empire and Republic merge together in a desperate attempt to halt the new threat. ( I would rather this not happen, my faction pride is too strong to work with those -other- people!! )
  • Both factions are dissolved, and we are thrown into galaxy wide anarchy... ( This is the worst outcome to me, as with the first route, there is hope that the two will eventually seperate again... Here, there is just no more story with the factions, and an end to the great lore they had going... )
  • Finally, there is the chance that both survive, albeit in a weakened state.

So, which route do you think the story would go down? As it stands, this uncertainty is killing me, and making me stress quite a bit about my RP characters future as an Imperial Trooper. Thanks everyone!
More information is still needed.
However, the news we have so far:

Empire and Republic are hit really hard, not extinct, but not what they were due to the Zakuul invasion. It is unknown if they are truly "destroyed" or just merely rekt. Probably jsut had a good spanking is all.
This sets up us working together again and trying to get rid of this new threat.

We still don't know, patience
Living in the limelight!
RUSH fan for life!
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click so I can hook you up!^^^

Thelyssani
07.05.2015 , 11:41 AM | #3
I'm hoping what you are saying is true, but again, I guess time will tell. Out of curiosity, where is everyone getting the information about the story from? Was there an interview that I missed or something?

JourrnoRush
07.05.2015 , 11:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Thelyssani View Post
I'm hoping what you are saying is true, but again, I guess time will tell. Out of curiosity, where is everyone getting the information about the story from? Was there an interview that I missed or something?
Google Swtor Dulfy and go through the articles. You will find 2 interviews thus far and I'm sure reddit has some stuff.

I'm indifferent if the republic/empire gets destroyed. Would be a cool story twist for everyone to be reduced to nothing.
However, that would be a MAJOR undertaking and I doubt it will happen. So far they have stated we are remaining on our respective factions (pub/imp).

I would like to see a galaxy affected by such an invasion, the trailer shows Tython (presumably), Korriban, Hoth, and Alderaan being attacked. That covers nearly every part of the galaxy, especially the Republic's inner core. As such, I would like to see a galaxy in ruins from this or at least some parts of it being destroyed.

For example,
Is there still rebellion fighting on Balmorra? LOL
Tython/Korriban destroyed?
Were the capital worlds hit at all?
I'm sure the Zakuul invasion would go for the fleets, considering how far in they attacked. Are the fleets different now?

I could understand them not changing everything because 1-50 is still in game, but at least do something for people who have seen the same galaxy for years.
Living in the limelight!
RUSH fan for life!
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click so I can hook you up!^^^

typenine
07.05.2015 , 01:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JourrnoRush View Post
Google Swtor Dulfy and go through the articles. You will find 2 interviews thus far and I'm sure reddit has some stuff.

I'm indifferent if the republic/empire gets destroyed. Would be a cool story twist for everyone to be reduced to nothing.
However, that would be a MAJOR undertaking and I doubt it will happen. So far they have stated we are remaining on our respective factions (pub/imp).

I would like to see a galaxy affected by such an invasion, the trailer shows Tython (presumably), Korriban, Hoth, and Alderaan being attacked. That covers nearly every part of the galaxy, especially the Republic's inner core. As such, I would like to see a galaxy in ruins from this or at least some parts of it being destroyed.

For example,
Is there still rebellion fighting on Balmorra? LOL
Tython/Korriban destroyed?
Were the capital worlds hit at all?
I'm sure the Zakuul invasion would go for the fleets, considering how far in they attacked. Are the fleets different now?

I could understand them not changing everything because 1-50 is still in game, but at least do something for people who have seen the same galaxy for years.

I think they could add new sections to old planets lvl 60-65 plus sections
If you want 7 Free days of subscription click the link below
If you want Free in game stuff click this

Karkais
07.05.2015 , 05:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JourrnoRush View Post
I would like there to be an entirely new galactic map for the character who is in the new expansion ie. future. Planets would be the same, but different. Everything would be in its old place, but changed. Ruins in place of palaces and new soldiers everywhere.. you get the idea.

There could be an item or icon somewhere that would let you gate back into the past if you wanted to play the <60 game and of course back into the 'future'.

"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

typenine
07.05.2015 , 05:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
I would like there to be an entirely new galactic map for the character who is in the new expansion ie. future. Planets would be the same, but different. Everything would be in its old place, but changed. Ruins in place of palaces and new soldiers everywhere.. you get the idea.

There could be an item or icon somewhere that would let you gate back into the past if you wanted to play the <60 game and of course back into the 'future'.

Seems like a lot of work/money
But I would prefer that though
If you want 7 Free days of subscription click the link below
If you want Free in game stuff click this

Rekar
07.11.2015 , 06:00 PM | #8
They might do what WoW did when its Cataclysm expansion came out

Cythereal
07.11.2015 , 06:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post

They aren't doing this. According to the articles it's very simple: the new locations exist in the new point in the timeline. All old locations are remaining the same at the same points in time they're currently at. Play through 1-60 just like it is now, then the new stories and locations take place after the in-story time skip.

Karkais
07.11.2015 , 06:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rekar View Post
They might do what WoW did when its Cataclysm expansion came out
Whats that?

Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
They aren't doing this. According to the articles it's very simple: the new locations exist in the new point in the timeline. All old locations are remaining the same at the same points in time they're currently at. Play through 1-60 just like it is now, then the new stories and locations take place after the in-story time skip.
That was my point precisely. If you would transport to the new timeline, old maps could be replaced b the new. Like zoning to a new instance or a new dimension. I never meant that something would be removed.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III