Matchmaker need to be improved DRASTICALLY

vennian

Dear Bioware. I'm not sure what algorithms you have in place for the matchmaker (both ranked and regulars), but it needs a very thorough re-examination.

Some matches in regular warzones are simply so imbalanced between teams of PUG players that I suspect it of lumping veterans with veterans on one team and then lumping newbies with newbies on the other. This could be a perception problem on my behalf but as you once stated that it tries to lump players of equal skil together on teams in ranked I suspect the same principle is working here. This leads to very unbalanced matches that are utterly boring. balance the TEAMS, not the players.

Thank you.

This is an already too old problem - about which more seriouzs PvP people sa<y that it just doesn't matter whether it is there or not in anything else than group ranked.

I know all that. Doesnt stop me from pointing it out to Bioware one time again ;)

Reg warzones do not have matchmaking and they never have had it and it most likely never will because the they want the queues to pop quickly. PvP population is way too small to have matchmaking in regs. Even if we had one server or cross server they probably still would not implement it. Unless you feel like waiting 30 minutes per pop like solo ranked players do.

They can always add at least partial matchmaker.

Let say one premade (not4*2) vs full pug at max. Or two healers and 2 tanks cap (have you played with 5 tanks or 6 healers at one side vs normal team? yeah, crazy bs is crazy...) for one side and at least one healer for another side....

But hey, they need "a tech" to make it... :rolleyes:

They can always add at least partial matchmaker.

Let say one premade (not4*2) vs full pug at max. Or two healers and 2 tanks cap (have you played with 5 tanks or 6 healers at one side vs normal team? yeah, crazy bs is crazy...) for one side and at least one healer for another side....

But hey, they need "a tech" to make it... :rolleyes:

Role restrictions would bring the queue down to a crawl, that or healers/tanks would be sitting on the fleet for hours while they see their dps buddies get one pop after another (which is exactly what happens in solo ranked right now.)

I will say however that in the weird cases of same faction matches where one team gets two healers and the other team gets two tanks.....it would be nice if there was an algorithm in place to split them among the two teams, especially since its a same faction match.

Role restrictions would bring the queue down to a crawl, that or healers/tanks would be sitting on the fleet for hours while they see their dps buddies get one pop after another (which is exactly what happens in solo ranked right now.)

I will say however that in the weird cases of same faction matches where one team gets two healers and the other team gets two tanks.....it would be nice if there was an algorithm in place to split them among the two teams, especially since its a same faction match.

Something like that would be better than nothing.

respec at the beginning of a game would solve the issue a bit. No respeccing in the middle or after the first round, just before the match begins. So people could adjust the teams in regs a bit.

respec at the beginning of a game would solve the issue a bit. No respeccing in the middle or after the first round, just before the match begins. So people could adjust the teams in regs a bit.

That would be nice. I miss respeccing in warzones.

I rather hated it. but most of that frustration was brought on by ppl respeccing once they capped a node/got an advantage or between rounds.

I didn't do that. There was just certain maps that I liked playing certain specs. Like huttball/voidstar I'd always go tank on my assassin because fire pulling was hilarious and pulling then doing the knockback off the ledge in voidstar was also equally hilarious.

we'd all love it, more intelligent match making, but it wont happen without some sort of mega server or cross server.

Not enough mix and match of classes per server for balanced match making...

OP, I think I have an idea of what's going on, at least in pre-ranked. The bolster is hugely unknown or misunderstood to a great number of players. I think what happens is you get teamed up against pugs with players who DO understand and most of the players on that team have 2018 expertise while most players on your team do not. Not even close to 2018, and thus they get steamrolled.

I've made a near nuisance of myself on Harbinger preaching to people about getting their expertise to 2018 and how to do it but I'm mostly ignored or I get replies like, "lawl...wut?" So, the teams with craptastic expertise that sometimes get pitted against teams with mostly maxed expertise toons get stomped, and the losing team cries out "Premade!", when that's usually not what's going on.

• 4 weeks later...