Saresh is a bad person.

Reno_Tarshil

I saw this mentioned in another thread and it got me to thinking and possibly speculating.

Another user pointed out that they thought that Saresh was secretly a Child of the Emperor and to me based on her actions and personality it makes sense in a way that she would secretly be working for the Emperor in some way which would lead to the Republic's downfall coming up in the new expansion.

Again pure speculation, most likely incorrect.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping Suresh doesn't survive the downfall of the Republic and Empire in the new expansion. She is really quite a witch with a capital B. After Ziost I have no respect for her.

I think it's my actions that lead to her being in power.

(Bounty Hunter story)

I felt bad when I realized this...:D

I doubt Saresh really is a Child of the Emperor. At the end of the JC story, all Children of the Emperor lose the possibility to hide their presence due to the defeat of the First Son.

As easily fooled Satele may sometimes be, I strongly doubt she'd be able to stand near a Child of the Emperor without protection and not notice it.

Now, is Saresh a moron, at least during Ziost? YES! Absolutely!

Does her relentless call to exterminate the Sith and keep the war going will severely damage the Republic boh in the short and long term? Totally.

Will she die in KOTFE? Please, let it be a player choice between killing her yourself, letting her die and forcing her to step down peacefully (And then she gets the Valorum treatment in the old Legends continuity: When she finally leaves Coruscant, her freighter blows up.)

I saw this mentioned in another thread and it got me to thinking and possibly speculating.

Another user pointed out that they thought that Saresh was secretly a Child of the Emperor and to me based on her actions and personality it makes sense in a way that she would secretly be working for the Emperor in some way which would lead to the Republic's downfall coming up in the new expansion.

Again pure speculation, most likely incorrect.

I'm purposely redoing the JC storyline to gain insights on her.

I am hoping Suresh doesn't survive the downfall of the Republic and Empire in the new expansion. She is really quite a witch with a capital B. After Ziost I have no respect for her.

My pure lightside Trooper threatened to quit at the end of chapter 3, which is the darkside choice. I've always hated her. Calling her a warmonger is being nice.

I thought she was the perfect choice for Supreme Chancellor, After her miserable failure of an attempt to restore Taris, wasting Hundreds of Billions of credits and thousands of human and alien lives (many of which wanted to leave and were Blackmailed by her) all for a pointless environmental project instead of focusing on the war and restoration of actual Civilian populations and shoring up allies it was CLEAR that her calling was Politics.

I hope she survives, and starts the new expansion very near to an airlock.

If one of the cutscenes in KotFE shows one of the twins in the Eternal Empire running Saresh through with a lightsaber, I'm going to have difficulty finding the faction "evil".

Good and bad, it's all a matter of perspective. However I too will be cheering if I found out that Saresh suffers from an unfortunate boating accident, in space.

I guess I'm the only one that likes Saresh, which according to the posts, makes me a warmonger like her. I'm ok with that. After doing 1,000+ quests against the Empire, I'd build a Death Star, point it at Korriban, and massage her trigger finger before she fires.

There was a moment I got a dislike to her on Yavin and then Ziost. Then, on replaying it with alts, I noticed she doesn't have it in for the PC. She has it in for Theron. Right now, she wouldn't believe it if he told her water is wet. And, when she actually calls us on Ziost, we're interrupted before we can say Theron was right. (a little soap opera-ish, but there you go)

Out of curiosity, are there any "bosses" that people do like in the game? Or is the dislike to Saresh because people play the game as a power fantasy against "the man" (well... "the woman" in this case, heh) and she is in charge, and not taking crap, acting basically like Garza?

Edited by DalrisThane

she is a character I love to hate.

fantastic character, hate her guts ever since pubside Taris.

that said... I feel like saying that she's a child of the emperor is practicaly absolving her of the responsibility for her actions. and I'm not sure that is the case anyways. she is pretty domineering and abrasive in most of her interactions. she only puts on a "nice" mask when talking to people that she is bellow in power and needs to get her hooks into. once she's there though... ugg.

and... i have a feeling that she WILL survive into the coming expansion. she's like a cockroach. a ruthless one.

I guess I'm the only one that likes Saresh, which according to the posts, makes me a warmonger like her. I'm ok with that. After doing 1,000+ quests against the Empire, I'd build a Death Star, point it at Korriban, and massage her trigger finger before she fires.

There was a moment I got a dislike to her on Yavin and then Ziost. Then, on replaying it with alts, I noticed she doesn't have it in for the PC. She has it in for Theron. Right now, she wouldn't believe it if he told her water is wet. And, when she actually calls us on Ziost, we're interrupted before we can say Theron was right. (a little soap opera-ish, but there you go)

Out of curiosity, are there any "bosses" that people do like in the game? Or is the dislike to Saresh because people play the game as a power fantasy against "the man" (well... "the woman" in this case, heh) and she is in charge, and not taking crap, acting basically like Garza?

My problem with her is simple. I felt she just handed over a prize catch and she just let him go. I've disliked her since rolling my first character, a commando.

My gunslinger want to put two bullets in her head because she refuses to listen and doesn't care she's making a bad situation worse, Ziost.

My two jedi would rather deal with someone else, because like with the smuggler, she won't listen to reason. She won't call of her attack. She's power hungry for war and it didn't end like she'd like.

I like her in general, simply as a character that feels real in the setting... i like having to butt heads within the republic over things with the actual supreme chancellor, getting that mishmash of doing whats right and having to wrestle the minutia of political aspects.

also, if you play the Imperial Agent story line, you see that she...

Is a member of the Star Cabal, an illuminati style secret society thing. So, there is likely more going on behind the scenes, which is neat.