Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tython Stronghold

Monumenta
07.23.2015 , 09:03 PM | #11
we wouldnt be living at the jedi temple it would be some other part of the planet

TheSoundDoctors
11.11.2017 , 04:15 PM | #12
Hey,

Tython Stronghold could be very nice for role-player. Please build a room with a showpiece-Place.

LordFell
11.11.2017 , 10:26 PM | #13
If you're going to go Tython, you also have to go Korriban.

...I think Alderaan makes more sense, because it's a contested planet. I'd love an Alderaan stronghold, a mansion style with a bit of lawn around.

Xina_LA
11.13.2017 , 02:27 PM | #14
Although a Tython stronghold would be nice, I would much rather have one on Alderaan, since it could be a cross-faction planet. I don't want any future strongholds to be for Republic or Empire only.

Am I remembering wrong... didn't they say something about a Zakuul apartment as the next stronghold?

Honestly, I can't get too excited about strongholds because the last two had serious issues.
* Starship hooks we can't reach and only one per stronghold.
* Wide or angled floorboards that make it hard (impossible) to put things up against walls. Bad on Manaan, worse on Umbara where most walls are covered in tech or struts.
* Clumsy hook placement on Umbara, buggy hooks on Manaan (to be fair they fixed some bugs).
* Loud, repetitive environment on Umbara. Boring sea in every direction on Manaan.
* Centerpiece hooks that can't fit tall or large decorations -- low ceilings in small rooms on Manaan, overhead cables on Umbara.
* Odd navigation -- speeder on Umbara, elevator on Manaan. Stairs/ramps are always much faster.
* Very small spaces -- little train cars on Umbara, some areas already half decorated. Tiny underwater rooms ad little balcony on Manaan.

There were some really interesting innovations on Umbara (moving terrain, cheaper price) and Manaan (underwater spaces), but overall I found the strongholds much more clumsy in design than the previous ones. They made some upgrades to Manaan and I hope they'll continue to make fixes and tweaks. If the next stronghold also puts creativity ahead of practicality, I won't be a hurry to buy it.

Another stronghold layout like Nar Shaddaa (with a starship hook we can reach) would be perfect. Tatooine also has a fantastic layout with a good mix of indoor and outdoor space, though one larger interior room would have been nice.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--