Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Uh Oh, the world as we know it may come to an end

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Uh Oh, the world as we know it may come to an end

asbalana
07.03.2015 , 08:43 AM | #1
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...55&postcount=8

"How Crafting will work is something we will talk about more down the line"

My crafters are afraid, very afraid.

psandak
07.03.2015 , 11:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...55&postcount=8

"How Crafting will work is something we will talk about more down the line"

Actually I am optimistic, because at least crew skills and crafting are on the devs' radar with the development of KotFE.

And even if they radically alter the system.../shrug...adapt or perish.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

AlrikFassbauer
07.03.2015 , 12:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
Depends on what your goal in crafting is.

Believe it or not, people are still crafting for different reasons, not only for in-game money-making ...

BrianDavion
07.03.2015 , 02:29 PM | #4
I can't see em making any massive changes to crafting, but I could see them decoupling crafting from having companions. which might be good actually. people who for whatever reason don't want to do the class story etc but want to craft are presently screwed under the current system. it's no big deal for 99% of us, but I'm sure there's a small handful of people who feel screwed over
SWTOR is not SWG. it was never intended to be at all like SWG. and having a completly differnt design philophesy then SWG will never be like SWG

midianlord
07.03.2015 , 05:28 PM | #5
I bloody well hope that they tie crafting to time and skill, as well as both PvE- and PvP-based objectives, especially open-world, whilst binning that insultingly shallow RNG-based ********.

Hey, DONTJUDGEMEBRO(TM), one can dream, can't one?
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

psandak
07.03.2015 , 06:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
I bloody well hope that they tie crafting to time and skill, as well as both PvE- and PvP-based objectives, especially open-world, whilst binning that insultingly shallow RNG-based ********.

Hey, DONTJUDGEMEBRO(TM), one can dream, can't one?
It is already tied to time and in place of skill you need endurance.

Your PvE and PvP objectives would be just as impacted by RNG as the current system. Specifically the number of other players going after those objectives and how available those objectives are.

Sorry, I would rather have an RNG system that other players cannot impact.

Not judging, just pointing out that maybe you have not thought your stance through.
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

midianlord
07.03.2015 , 06:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
It is already tied to time and in place of skill you need endurance.

Your PvE and PvP objectives would be just as impacted by RNG as the current system. Specifically the number of other players going after those objectives and how available those objectives are.

Sorry, I would rather have an RNG system that other players cannot impact.

Not judging, just pointing out that maybe you have not thought your stance through.
Damn, you're right, too...

K, give me few hours to let Beer-Barrage proc (long internal cooldown, don'tcha know)...
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

fire-breath
07.04.2015 , 03:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
I can't see em making any massive changes to crafting
I wouldn't mind if they did a total overhaul to crafting. This is also not something new to MMO land. Take for example star trek online. It got at least 2 complete overhauls at how crafting was being done.
Comparing with how crafting in STO started, the current way of crafting in there has a complete different way of aquiring schematics, levelling up through the craftingranks, gathering materials and even the type of crafting mats.

While it may not be needed to make complete overhaul in SWTOR. KotFE is THE moment to make any changes to crafting. So don't be surprised if it will be different
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

psandak
07.04.2015 , 09:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
While it may not be needed to make complete overhaul in SWTOR. KotFE is THE moment to make any changes to crafting. So don't be surprised if it will be different
And I stand by what I stated above:
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
And even if they radically alter the system.../shrug...adapt or perish.

Naelidaan
07.06.2015 , 11:52 PM | #10
From the comments from the developers in this interview, it sounds like we had all better get ready to adapt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjPBNPzO_Ig

(The actual interview is from around 31:44-42:00)

He mentions a total core game revamp, including itemization, companions, and a specific mention of crafting. They also confirm that the crafting skill cap is going up, but that's hardly a surprise.