Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

6 HOURS later NO response = FAIL

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
6 HOURS later NO response = FAIL
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Riddla
12.13.2011 , 03:23 PM | #1
Character = Riddla
Server = Port Nowhere
Level = 7

OS = Win7 (32bit)

I logged in this morning on home pc played from 1st wave (6:30cst) till (9am) went to work at about 10am attempted to login at work on work PC....[code] Error 1003 [code]

I access our companies firewall (cisco 880) and open port 80, 8995, 12000-12999, and 20000-30000 (TCP)

Attempt to login again [code] Error 1005 [code] I restart, load launcher, click play, I am taken to Loading screen with the little WHEEL SPINNING IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT!!! (beta anyone?) I have been "stuck" at this screen from 10:15am - 3:15pm

NO response from devs, NO response to the emails i have sent, NO way to submit a ticket, NO response from the cust svc phone number, NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUMS TO POST ON....THUS I POST HERE.

Ravoss
12.13.2011 , 03:25 PM | #2
How about you do some work and wait till you get home?

I kid, I kid.

There are probably so many factors affecting you playing this game I am not sure a level 1 guy is what you need lol.
Co-GM of The Argent Legion
Sith Armies - Central Time

Riddla
12.13.2011 , 03:30 PM | #3
I declared this TOR Tuesday and forwarded the phones to our Austin office, so everyone could chill and watch me play SWTOR today...

Now all my Employee's think im fully of sh!!!!

SniXSniPe
12.13.2011 , 03:34 PM | #4
You have to realize there are several THOUSANDS of people complaining/having issues right now.

BW doesn't have 10000s+ tech support people, they will be exceptionally busy for a while and probably will take quite a long time to respond.

Cerimon
12.14.2011 , 01:21 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

If you are receiving any of these errors it may indicate that the server is currently being restarted, or has been taken down for maintenance.

Please check the Server Status threads for any communications in this regard.

Try removing and re-adding the following files to your anti-virus and firewall exceptions:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\launcher.exe

and swtor_setup.exe

Please run the launcher with administrative rights by right clicking and choose run as administrator.

Please note that some users have resolved this issue by running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3.

For more information regarding Windows XP Service Packs please see this Microsoft page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

If the issue persists and there is no maintenance on-going, please contact Customer Support at support@swtor.com for further assistance.

Please ensure that you have included a copy of your DXDiag and client logs when contacting Customer Support.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support