Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Am I the only one who thinks Troopers are a little "Strong"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Am I the only one who thinks Troopers are a little "Strong"?

Oboros's Avatar


Oboros
12.25.2011 , 02:40 AM | #1
What can't they do D:

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
12.25.2011 , 02:41 AM | #2
If you ask some people around here, three of them couldn't kill one sorc.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Aowar's Avatar


Aowar
12.25.2011 , 02:43 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
If you ask some people around here, three of them couldn't kill one sorc.

If you ask this guy Inquisitors aren't OP at all contrary to all evidence against him.

DimitriM's Avatar


DimitriM
12.25.2011 , 02:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aowar View Post
If you ask this guy Inquisitors aren't OP at all contrary to all evidence against him.
If you ask this guy he'll show you his level 50 Inquisitor

Munx's Avatar


Munx
12.25.2011 , 02:45 AM | #5
Honestly been thinking about making a topic about this, but have avoided doing so until now to avoid the massive flame festivals that would be thrown in my honor..

I definatly belive Troopers/Bounty Hunters are to strong/versatile, I personally don't feel the sorcerer which people love to whine about is a problem, but the trooper/bh just feels ridicilous.

Heavy Armor.
Ranged.
Bubble.
Pull.
Push.
Charge.
Aoe knockback with snare.
Plenty of AoE damage and single targt damage.
As much CC as any other class.

While having one or mabye two bounty hunters/troopers in a pvp match can be fine and seem balanced, once you see a team getting 3+ bounty hunters/troopers the game turns into a nightmare, especially on huttball.

PS: for those replying after me, plx don't flame, remeber is christmas! let me have my opinions! pretty please with sugar on!
Dark Knight of the forums.

Aowar's Avatar


Aowar
12.25.2011 , 02:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DimitriM View Post
If you ask this guy he'll show you his level 50 Inquisitor

Aww its okay big boy, your inquisitor will get nerfed and you'll be all over here whining. Can't wait.

Aowar's Avatar


Aowar
12.25.2011 , 02:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Munx View Post
Honestly been thinking about making a topic about this, but have avoided doing so until now to avoid the massive flame festivals that would be thrown in my honor..

I definatly belive Troopers/Bounty Hunters are to strong/versatile, I personally don't feel the sorcerer which people love to whine about is a problem, but the trooper/bh just feels ridicilous.

Heavy Armor.
Ranged.
Bubble.
Pull.
Push.
Charge.
Aoe knockback with snare.
Plenty of AoE damage and single targt damage.
As much CC as any other class.

While having one or mabye two bounty hunters/troopers in a pvp match can be fine and seem balanced, once you see a team getting 3+ bounty hunters/troopers the game turns into a nightmare, especially on huttball.

PS: for those replying after me, plx don't flame, remeber is christmas! let me have my opinions! pretty please with sugar on!


LOL this guy wants to nerf the Republics troopers and thinks Inquisitors are fine.....LOL

DimitriM's Avatar


DimitriM
12.25.2011 , 02:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aowar View Post
Aww its okay big boy, your inquisitor will get nerfed and you'll be all over here whining. Can't wait.
lol, I play trooper.
And yes, I do think troopers are a bit over the top. When I play Gunnery, I spam Grav Round and High Impact Bolt, Mortar Volley if people are grouped, and Im usually at the top at the end of a game.

When I play Medic, its a bit more balanced (as far as healers go, which is a whole other argument), and I enjoy it more.

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
12.25.2011 , 02:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aowar View Post
Aww its okay big boy, your inquisitor will get nerfed and you'll be all over here whining. Can't wait.
If that happens after that will be the trooper/bh nerf, followed by smuggler IA nerf, followed by.....

The classes are fine. I see sorcerers get rocked all the time and see troopers/bhs/smugglers/ia at the top of the charts regularly.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Atrox's Avatar


Atrox
12.25.2011 , 03:31 AM | #10
Toopers/BHs certainly need to be looked at.
Raijin - SI Assassin
Delacroix - IA Operative
Evil inside.