Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think will happen with the old romances in the new expansion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What do you think will happen with the old romances in the new expansion?

TyonYlle
06.25.2015 , 02:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellyria View Post
I don't think you age if you're frozen in carbonite?

Also, seventeen?! Oi vey. I decided most of my girls would be over twenty-five... and then it turned out my Bounty Hunter was romancing an eighteen year old. But then I thought, hey, I would romance someone fifteen years older than me, so I don't care if Elly is seven years older than Torian!
Heh. I say? Let's swap charries, they can meet half way. Cos, ya' know, apparently we both had the opposite problem!

But, yeah. I tend to make all my heroines seventeen. Although, I do tend to lean toward YA in my writings.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

TyonYlle
06.25.2015 , 02:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
Yeah, 17 is far too young for the smuggler. The smuggler is an ace pilot with her own starship, has a variety of contacts in the galactic underworld, has a standing arrest warrant for them on Coruscant (per the need to hack the arrival terminal), and is an active arms dealer at the start of the story. Definitely mid to late 20s.
Sorry, I don't know how to quote multiple posts at once. But, that's why I said Bioware's story is only a legend of Jasmin. My head-canon, she has no starship, she's essentially an escaped slave on the run from the Sith. Pretty much, she's a stowaway. Her only blaster just the one she managed to steal upon her escape. Head-canon, Bowdaar (Kitaddik) is her only pal. Though, I am considering changing Theron's name, in case we can have him, or Jakkaro as a companion, like we're getting Lana.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Yermog
06.25.2015 , 03:04 PM | #23
All my toons, male or female, start out at 25. Anything younger is weird to me. They all sound more mature and accomplish more. A 17 year old anything in SWTOR is pretty weird to me.

Canareth
06.25.2015 , 04:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Yermog View Post
All my toons, male or female, start out at 25. Anything younger is weird to me. They all sound more mature and accomplish more. A 17 year old anything in SWTOR is pretty weird to me.
The only two that could be teenagers are IMO the two Sith.

Inquisitor - He's a slave whose ordered to Korriban, several of the other acolytes are very immature and you come across weak Force Sensitives as an Imperial on Balmorra who are trying to flee so they don't get sent straight to Korriban as is the law. The Empire doesn't care that they'll probably die; they will certainly die if they don't go. Anyone old enough to have a game body type could be the unlucky guy/girl.

Sith Warrior - Blue-blood prodigy who is explicitly on Korriban earlier than would be expected and hasn't internalized Sith teachings (saying to Baras that you have is labeled [Lie]). Almost has to be in the 16-22 age band.

Everyone else...nope.

Abvora
06.25.2015 , 05:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Canareth View Post
The only two that could be teenagers are IMO the two Sith.

Inquisitor - He's a slave whose ordered to Korriban, several of the other acolytes are very immature and you come across weak Force Sensitives as an Imperial on Balmorra who are trying to flee so they don't get sent straight to Korriban as is the law. The Empire doesn't care that they'll probably die; they will certainly die if they don't go. Anyone old enough to have a game body type could be the unlucky guy/girl.

Sith Warrior - Blue-blood prodigy who is explicitly on Korriban earlier than would be expected and hasn't internalized Sith teachings (saying to Baras that you have is labeled [Lie]). Almost has to be in the 16-22 age band.

Everyone else...nope.
I agree about the Inquisitor.. I always figured the Inquisitor was the youngest of the classes--it goes with the whole "untrained, raw, but POWERFUL" theme prevalent in their story. Bottom age is 17, though, to prevent anything illegal in the romances.

I think the other teenager is the Knight, not the Warrior, though. Hal Hood, the writer of the Knight's story, said they were supposed to be about 18. Which is technically still a teen.

I actually think the Warrior is older than you estimate--Sith nobility would often hold back their kids from going to Korriban until they were adults, so they could give them specialized training and improve their chance of survival. I pin their age as somewhere between 21 and 24.

Everyone else has to be in their mid-twenties, at least. The Agent and Trooper have elite training that would take several years to complete, the Smuggler is already a semi-prominent figure in the underworld, and the Hunter's been in the business long enough to have a shot at the Great Hunt. I guess the Consular could be a teen, but it doesn't fit with their image as a respected diplomat. Maybe younger twenties?

ANYWAY! Getting off topic! So, uh...how 'bout that romance?
BIOWARE: THANK YOU FOR THERAN SHAN IN KOTFE.

Yermog
06.25.2015 , 08:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Abvora View Post
ANYWAY! Getting off topic! So, uh...how 'bout that romance?
Personally I'm very eager to see what the 'reunion' scenes will be like for our characters and their old flames. I can only imagine it'll be very emotional, but I also expect a few "Nope. Nope, nope, nope"s out of it as well. I mean, think about it. Your spouse, who you have thought to be dead for 5 years suddenly pops up. What would happen? If you reject the notion it's them, the only logical explanation is that it's some trick of the mind. I fully expect a few shots to be fired at them by a couple of the romances.

I doubt there'd be any grabbing of the collars which leads to passionate kissing, although that would be nice. It would be too easy though.

Cythereal
06.25.2015 , 08:37 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Yermog View Post
I doubt there'd be any grabbing of the collars which leads to passionate kissing, although that would be nice. It would be too easy though.
Might happen for the male glowstick brigade and their apprentice/padawan, though. If they've developed a force bond - and Nadia does with a lady consular simply as master and padawan - they may be able to tell that the PC isn't dead.

Yermog
06.25.2015 , 08:43 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
Might happen for the male glowstick brigade and their apprentice/padawan, though. If they've developed a force bond - and Nadia does with a lady consular simply as master and padawan - they may be able to tell that the PC isn't dead.
That's a good point... Don't know if you have that with Iresso or not, but that's an interesting dynamic. I don't think that's present in any of the other romances though.

I have to say, I kind of see Andronikus seeing the FemQuizzie coming, and purposely setting a trap that she gets caught in alone so that he can have a private make-out session with her away from prying eyes. That is, unless he tries to shoot her ship down first. Which I can also see happening, to be honest.

Pietrastor
06.25.2015 , 08:47 PM | #29
I'm kind of predicting ME2 approach. Old romanceable companions won't come back to active squad again. Brand new companions and previously-non-romanceable companions will provide new content as replacement.

Yermog
06.25.2015 , 08:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
I'm kind of predicting ME2 approach. Old romanceable companions won't come back to active squad again. Brand new companions and previously-non-romanceable companions will provide new content as replacement.
No, they've said that you can recruit your old companions back to your crew (as well as companions from other classes!), you'll just have to complete some tasks for them. They haven't said whether or not there's a limit to how many you can recruit, but I would imagine that they'll announce a cap sooner or later, otherwise everyone will try to grab up as many as they can for fun.

Except for Skadge. Nobody liked Skadge. He can stay wherever he is.