Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think will happen with the old romances in the new expansion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What do you think will happen with the old romances in the new expansion?

Yermog
06.23.2015 , 09:36 PM | #1
So obviously with this new expansion, a lot of things are going to change, including our companions who, as the developers have said, will have scattered to the four metaphorical winds by the time you wake up. It has been said here that the main character in question will wake up after having been frozen around 5 years, which is of course plenty of time for your companions to have gotten up to their usual (or unusual, as the case may be) shenanigans. But some of these companions were more than companions, and were spouses or lovers.

This thread is where we can speculate where they probably went to after their lover went missing, and what we might have to do to win them back. At this point I'm not sure there's much use speculating over new romance companions since we don't even know if there will be any, so we'll just talk about the ones we already have (totally rooting for Nico, though).

Now, I haven't played as a male toon, so I only know the female romance options. I strongly suspect, however, that for at least a few of the romances, they might very well have decided that they need to at least try to move on since they are probably considered widows/widowers by the near-defunct Empire and Republic. You know, what with the whole being gone about 5 years and all that. So here's the list of male romances that I've compiled in order of their likelihood to have moved on to new romantic pastures:

Least Likely To Have Moved On (Romantically):
Spoiler

Moderately Likely To Have Moved On (Romantically):
Spoiler

Most Likely To Have Moved On
Spoiler

Anyway, that's my take on the guys right now. I'd love to see what other thoughts on them are, and what people think might have happened to the female romances too.

Miyran
06.24.2015 , 04:15 AM | #2
I have to SEVERELY disagree with the "most likely to have moved on" concerning Torian. Sure he's young, but he's mando through and through, and flippant (and frivolous) actions and choices are not in his nature. I doubt he would move on until he was much older.

Yermog
06.24.2015 , 05:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyran View Post
I have to SEVERELY disagree with the "most likely to have moved on" concerning Torian. Sure he's young, but he's mando through and through, and flippant (and frivolous) actions and choices are not in his nature. I doubt he would move on until he was much older.
I don't really see moving on from your supposedly dead spouse as frivolous, though. I mean, I'm assuming that they all believe our toons to be dead, so what's to stop them from being free to move on after the mourning period is over? It's been 5 years, after all.

But maybe I'm completely wrong about it, which could very well be the case.

Frenesi
06.24.2015 , 05:30 AM | #4
Iresso is moved for sure. You catch a glimpse of a vision with his voice on Rishi. "You was the best I ever knew. So long, jedi"
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

Tashia
06.24.2015 , 07:02 AM | #5
good point about Corso -- hadn't thought of that --- and that's a relief, the marriage was kind of "rushed"; we were both lonely I suppose -- and after 5 yrs? I've changed a lot , and have some issues to work out -- so romance just may not be a big deal -- that would solve some problems -- I wish him well, but we've grown out of the relationship thing -- yes, that could be very possible
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

Tashia
06.24.2015 , 07:07 AM | #6
Doc ? oh I love Doc -- him I may have to work on if your scenario is true -- but I have to agree with you there too -- very possible ( those are the only two I romanced, Doc and Corso, so I'm free as can be with the others -- yea !)
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

Deshiel
06.24.2015 , 07:25 AM | #7
Companions from other classes will not have anything in common with your hero.

Bioware already showed how they deal with companions crossing from other classes to your story.

example here.

If you are a jedi knight and you recruit Vette, she will tell you that she was a slave of a generic wrath that is not your wrath however. So the companions will not migrate any choices from your previous character.

In each personal story, other classes are just insignificant minors and they follow predetermined choices.

So if you are a jedi knight, the warrior is simply evil as expected
consular is nice as expected
and inquisitor will fry u.

Abvora
06.24.2015 , 10:18 AM | #8
At OP: I agree with most of your assessments, except for Torian. Mandos take love and marriage very, very seriously, and the fact that he asks the BH to marry him at such a young age means he's really damn sure. I can't recall any Mandos remarrying in the old Legends 'verse, either, even if some are widowed for over twenty years. I doubt he's going to move on just after five.

I've done most of the female romances, so throwing my own two cents on them here:

Least Likely to Move On:

Spoiler

Moderately Likely to Move On:

Spoiler

Most Likely to Move On:

Spoiler
BIOWARE: THANK YOU FOR THERAN SHAN IN KOTFE.

Shayddow
06.24.2015 , 03:45 PM | #9
I'm just hoping that we will be able to romance companions from other classes that previously were not romanced.

I can totally see my sith with Scourge.
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Deshiel
06.24.2015 , 04:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
I'm just hoping that we will be able to romance companions from other classes that previously were not romanced.

I can totally see my sith with Scourge.
Scourge isn't emotionless by choice, its a side effect of the immortality given to him by the emperor. He constantly cries about food having no taste and no feels.

That also affected his other areas, so he is now asexual.