Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speculations on the fate of your companions (KotEE)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Speculations on the fate of your companions (KotEE)

Diviciacus
06.18.2015 , 10:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Abvora View Post
Spoiler
I'm... now, I didn't try because of course my inquisitor desired to earn Khem Val's respect (and screw Zash over at every opportunity), but I think the outcome is more or less ordained regardless of what you do. I'd be lying if I said I was going to level another Inquisitor to check, however. >.>
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Argonloris
06.18.2015 , 10:01 AM | #12
T7 is probably back working with his smuggler buddy again. Can't remember his name but the one from the opening cinematic over Korriban. During that event as the smuggler is running to the cockpit he yells "T7 prep the ion cannons at his droid". I'm guessing it's our friendly companion. Makes sense that we would meet them both.
The Jade Legacy
Argonloris Marellis NichosSixtus
RIP: Mara Jade May 29, 2007

Diviciacus
06.18.2015 , 11:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Argonloris View Post
T7 is probably back working with his smuggler buddy again. Can't remember his name but the one from the opening cinematic over Korriban. During that event as the smuggler is running to the cockpit he yells "T7 prep the ion cannons at his droid". I'm guessing it's our friendly companion. Makes sense that we would meet them both.
Companion story dialogue is actually how we learn the name of that smuggler - Nico Okarr. T7 talks about him at one point.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Senrie
06.18.2015 , 01:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
I'm... now, I didn't try because of course my inquisitor desired to earn Khem Val's respect (and screw Zash over at every opportunity), but I think the outcome is more or less ordained regardless of what you do. I'd be lying if I said I was going to level another Inquisitor to check, however. >.>
Spoiler

Diviciacus
06.18.2015 , 07:45 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Senrie View Post
Spoiler
Interesting. The Wookieepedia entry offered none of that information. It just assumed Zash was gone forevah.

Senrie
06.18.2015 , 07:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
Interesting. The Wookieepedia entry offered none of that information. It just assumed Zash was gone forevah.
Wookiepedia's decision to chose one path as assumed canon is most obnoxious. But it talks about it in the "behind the scenes" section on Khem's page.

Diviciacus
06.18.2015 , 08:40 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Senrie View Post
Wookiepedia's decision to chose one path as assumed canon is most obnoxious. But it talks about it in the "behind the scenes" section on Khem's page.
That's actually because of Lucasarts: they (really, just Lucas) ruled on video games that given player choice, the protagonist is always male and chooses all light side options (except, for some weird reason, the Jedi Exile from KOTOR 2 is canonically female as Meetra Surik). Conversely, for Sith it is canon that they always choose the dark side option. I don't think there's any commentary on whether a player-controlled sith has canon gender, though.

Since Disney hasn't ruled on video games since the takeover, there's no reason to assume that these restrictions aren't still in effect for Legends-level continuity, of which TOR is a part. I presume with Battlefront and KOTFE going live just before Ep. VII hits theatres, they may make a statement.

In the case of the Khem Val/Zash choice, I think the reason wookieepedia treats siding with Khem/doing nothing as "canon" is because betraying your master is the Sith way. I could be wrong.

Yermog
06.18.2015 , 08:57 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Abvora View Post
The whole “reunite with your companions” makes me think they scatter after you get carbonized. Given that it takes you “years” to wake up, it’s not unlikely that they eventually stopped trying to find/rescue you and moved on with their lives. So what do you think they’ve made of themselves in the meantime?
Wait, we get carbonized? When does this happen? Where did you see this?

Yermog
06.18.2015 , 09:05 PM | #19
I hope it's easier to get back the romanced companions, and that it hasn't been too long since they were frozen. It would be so heartbreaking to wake up 10 years in the future and see that you've lost a huge chunk of time with your LI. 5 years would be preferable, really.

Sangetorix
06.18.2015 , 09:25 PM | #20
I'll tell you exactly what happens:

Khem Val becomes a prostitute on Hutta who services Hutts

Andronikos becomes a shimmersilk salesman on Nar Shadaa.

Ashara, my fiancée, becomes depressed, moves into a space trailer park on tatooine and works at the cantina, having 24 children with her new husband, Frank (just some ******e).

Talos Drelik has a sex change and becomes Tala and marries Khem Val. Khem Val later murders her and eats her because she wont shut up about space stamps (Tala's new favorite hobby).

The weird bone face guy writes an award winning book about the horrors of the new conflict between the Republic and the Empire. He calls it, "whispers on the edge of tomorrow." He plans a sequel, but soon afterwards dies of diarrhea after eating 12 rotten burritos.

NAILED it!