Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speculations on the fate of your companions (KotEE)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Speculations on the fate of your companions (KotEE)

Abvora
06.17.2015 , 02:38 PM | #1
The whole “reunite with your companions” makes me think they scatter after you get carbonized. Given that it takes you “years” to wake up, it’s not unlikely that they eventually stopped trying to find/rescue you and moved on with their lives. So what do you think they’ve made of themselves in the meantime?

Everything’s under spoilers for space:

Knight:
Spoiler

Consular:
Spoiler

Smuggler:
Spoiler

Trooper:
Spoiler

Warrior:
Spoiler

Inquisitor:
Spoiler

Agent
Spoiler

Hunter:
Spoiler

Most of this is based on companion popularity (less-liked ones getting killed off, popular ones surviving), romance (all LIs survive the timeskip to avoid rage), and storyline possibility (those with potentially interesting storylines have a better chance of surviving than those who are there to give you your tank/DPS/healer). We're getting new companions, which is why I have a couple of healers listed as dead or potentially dead--losing them isn't the world-ender it once would have been if we just get another.

PowerJediRanger
06.17.2015 , 04:34 PM | #2
I wonder at what planets you meet up with them. I doubt it is going to be on the same planet you met them before.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

Leklor
06.17.2015 , 04:50 PM | #3
I doubt even one companion is going to have a scripted, forced on the player death.
Even Vikk since he apparently has been voiced by Fred Tatasciore for ambiant dialogue ever since his original VA's death.
I mean, we are not in a new game, they will not force us to lose companions if we don't want to (Think crafting bonus, affection, gear, etc...).
You'll certainly have the possibility to kill/refuse to take back former squad members but I'd bet half of my credit stack that litteraly zero companion will have died during the timeskip. They'll all be liable to die after that, sure, but before? No chance.
They mention that our choices will have huge consequences, and companions are part of those.
I'm sorry but despite my sincere lack of interest for Rusk and T7 on my main (Knight), if I come out of cryosleep and I get told "They died, if you are unhappy then **** you and unsub, moron!", then you can be sure I'll count that as a huge fail for BW (Not that they will do it, I trust them enough for that.)

Apart from that "disgreement", if this was a linear story, for a solo RPG, some of your suggestions could work.

Senrie
06.17.2015 , 04:51 PM | #4
Spoiler

Deshiel
06.17.2015 , 06:10 PM | #5
I want your love interest to be the one to set you free from carbonite!

SithKoriandr
06.17.2015 , 11:07 PM | #6
Spoiler

I don't think they'll force any deaths on you, but I'd love to change up my crew! Especially Skadge off the ship!

Though being able to change up my crew will only make picking a main class even harder! O.O
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Diviciacus
06.17.2015 , 11:43 PM | #7
Just for the record;
Spoiler
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Abvora
06.18.2015 , 12:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
Just for the record;
Spoiler
Oops, forgot about that :P It's been ages since I played Act I.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Spoiler

I don't think they'll force any deaths on you, but I'd love to change up my crew! Especially Skadge off the ship!

Though being able to change up my crew will only make picking a main class even harder! O.O
Spoiler

Diviciacus
06.18.2015 , 12:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Abvora View Post
Spoiler
SPOILER CHAIN! :P

Spoiler
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Abvora
06.18.2015 , 08:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
SPOILER CHAIN! :P

Spoiler
Spoiler