Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#1 seller possiblity on the CM...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
#1 seller possiblity on the CM...

Conundrum-NSA
06.17.2015 , 04:39 PM | #11
Buying datacrons I vote no.

I do vote to make them account wide when you go find them on character though. There is no reason to make every character go through those tedious jump puzzles, especially ones that require more than one person.

I would even be willing to pay a reasonable CM fee to enable account wide datacrons.

lironBD
06.17.2015 , 04:40 PM | #12
I wouldn't mind using my monthly CC to get all datacrons on all my toons.

I got all of them over 5 times now and it's time consuming beyond any measure :X
Europe -> Darth Malgus
Amahl-farouk-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

dscount
06.17.2015 , 04:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA View Post
Buying datacrons I vote no.

I do vote to make them account wide when you go find them on character though. There is no reason to make every character go through those tedious jump puzzles, especially ones that require more than one person.

I would even be willing to pay a reasonable CM fee to enable account wide datacrons.
Second that! Earn the Datacrons!

BUT.. also would like to see it go Legacy wide some time. Right now I can give a rats arse about collecting them on ALTS after I've already gotten the Achievement and primary characters done with class only stats.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Atalantia
06.17.2015 , 05:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
I dont like the idea of a free or paid lvl 60... makes me want to quit the game for good.
Get used to it alot of mmo's have done it in the past year
Was before F2P

Atalantia
06.17.2015 , 05:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Second that! Earn the Datacrons!

BUT.. also would like to see it go Legacy wide some time. Right now I can give a rats arse about collecting them on ALTS after I've already gotten the Achievement and primary characters done with class only stats.
Jumping puzzles no thank you I have the starter planet and DK on every toon, Done with datacrons. Thats the worst idea every implemeted in gaming, mini game with no redeeming qualities.
Was before F2P

DreadtechSavant
06.17.2015 , 05:28 PM | #16
Well don't think its a good idea myself but really post 2? its not going to be hard to get any of that stuff at all. crafting is good and worth while but not an absolutely necessary and most stuff just get alts to make. credits and comms. what 2 hour worth of playing you can get more than enough.

Your arguments are flawed but still agree with your sentiments of it not being a good idea.

Will I take advantage of it, sure but I have already gone though all 8 classes several times. Not sure it would be beneficial for a brand new player. Still its happening so might as well except it, because if a brand new player subbed to take advantage of this free level 60 and the free gifts, well would be open to all sorts o crap if bioware now dropped it.

Do have questions about it though, says A FREE level 60 character, so assume that's 1 per account and not per sever? What if you already have the max of 22?

annabethchase
06.17.2015 , 05:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Some will be adults with disposable cash assuming since they paid for the level boost, they shouldn't have to work for anything, including understanding their character.

How much of an impact this causes for 60+ grouping will depend upon how Bioware handles the boost and / or any other changes.

If they add some sort of training missions or guides and provide a reasonable starter gear set, then it might not be a big issue.

If they just dump these characters into the 60+ game with minimal gear and nothing in the way of training missions or guides, then getting these boosted 60s in group finder will probably be hell for the rest of us.
You're still caring more about endgame than story? Why? Those days are past, this is a story based game now. I have to anticipate any new group content will be built knowing people are going to spend less time grouping and more time soloing.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

DawnAskham
06.17.2015 , 05:57 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
You're still caring more about endgame than story? Why? Those days are past, this is a story based game now. I have to anticipate any new group content will be built knowing people are going to spend less time grouping and more time soloing.
We shall see - I think if they drop group activities from the game and focus entirely on solo play, the game will hit another downward patch shortly after the expansion.

None of that is to say I don't see story being a big pull, I do, and I'm hopefully optimistic what we get for new story is on par with other BIoware games and the original 1-50 content, including group content.

Though my pessimistic side does have concerns it will end up more like Ziost (not bad - but too short and not a lot of repeat value), with little to no new group content.